[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LAPLACE TRANSFORM (Time domain vs. Frequency domain)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 48648645.gif (3KB, 387x161px) Image search: [Google]
48648645.gif
3KB, 387x161px
Ok, if we look at a basic Linear Time-Invariant Open Loop transfert function H(s) in the frequency domain. Then the poles are the values for s for which H(s) is infinite, right?

So if H(s) is infinite than the time domain output for t->infinity is also infinite too right? (If not, why not?)

But how is that possible? If f.e. s = -3+2i. Then the the output should die out!

In other words, what is the meaning in the time domain of a pole in the frequency domain??

(pic unrelated)
>>
wrong board m8
>>
>>1118391
This is more /sci/ than /diy/ I would say, but whatever. Poles are points in the complex plane Which are the zeroes of the denominator of H(s). H(S) is not defined a these points, but I guess you could say that H(s) is infinite if evaluated at a pole.
The time and freq domains are linked by the Laplace transform, and what matters is the position of the poles (poles with positive real parts make a system divergent in the time domain).
Look up some control systems theory on wikipedia or ask /sci/ to give you some reference material to get a better understanding
>>
>>1118391
I think you lack basic theoretical knowledge that some 4chan posts won't be able to explain to you
>>
>>1118391
Watch the youtube lectures by brian douglas on control systems, from his first video until his last. Trust me, it is the best thing you will do in control engineering. He will tell you the answer to your question as well, next to things you might not have known.
Just search for "Brian Douglas" or "Control System Lectures" on youtube and you will find him.
>>1118414
>>1118572
I think this applies perfectly well on /diy/ as long as it is for a do it yourself project. Of course seeing from the way the question is asked, it is more appropriate for /sci/, but then again, have you seen it recently? Horrible board and degraded very badly in the last 2 years.
Also, I like to see something with at least a bit of substance on /diy/ once in a while instead of the endless 'should i buy x tools' threads.
>>
File: linit1[1].gif (2KB, 286x113px) Image search: [Google]
linit1[1].gif
2KB, 286x113px
>>
>>1118391
That feel when i hated my controls class. Electrical engineering is WITCHCRAFT!
>>
>>1120514
Circuits classes maybe, but I feel like control systems had a lot of theory to ground it quite well. Fuck RF circuits though
>>
>>1120517
>Fuck RF circuits
agreed, that shit is the real
>WITCHCRAFT!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.