[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internal door windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0593.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0593.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So above the three bed rooms in my house are these windows, I don't like them, I don't like them alot. Has anyone here ever got rid of these? If so how did you do it? Obviously I could just board them up, but I feel like that would almost look worse. I could remove ALL of it, door and all and dry wall the top to make it flush, but that's alot of work, not that i'm opposed to alot of work, but are these my only options.
Also what the fuck are they called?
>>
Paint it.
Any colour you like, lad.
>>
They are called transoms, and I agree on painting them. I'm a trim carpenter and transoms are just fucking dumb.
>>
Take it out might as well take the cheap ass door and frame as well and buy a nice new one then finish stripping the walls and paint it
>>
>>1118403
>>1118404
Yeah, seems really the only thing to do, I'll give that some thought, thanks guys.

>>1118405
Well the plan is to replace all interior doors eventually, but there are other things higher on the list.
>>
>>1118389
Like another anon said, paint.
But you could cover it with a similarly sized stained glass piece. I've seen some old houses with this and it looks fairly cool. As for finding stained glass, most reuse shops have pieces of various sizes. the problem is finding the correct size.
>>
>>1118389
every apartment in my commieblock has these. Keep in mind that if you cover it, your hallway will be pitch black.
>>
>>1120053

commies don't have lights in their hallways?
>>
>>1120076
no, comrade
>>
>>1118403
>>1118436
Where are you niggers from, a fucking ghetto?
OP, remove the whole thing and drywall that shit. Also for the love of god sand those fucking walls.
>>
>>1118389
very common in older places when gas lighting was around and you only had one or two lamps covering 5 or 6 rooms.

the door frame as it is will not be plumb if it is that old. it just won't. the door will not be a normal size, it will be cut to fit in the frame.
if you are replacing the doors anyway do yourself a favor and rip out the frame including window.
put in a new frame to fit a standard door size to save hours of planing and sanding down the door to fit. board over with plasterboard. fill and paint etc.

if you buy a shitty honeycomb door it will have limits on how much you can trim it to fit. even some solid doors have shitty limits like 5 or 6 mm per edge. not enough for an awkward frame
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.