[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So after dealing with 2 months of almost tripled electricity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 14

File: key.jpg (206KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
key.jpg
206KB, 768x1024px
So after dealing with 2 months of almost tripled electricity bills, I've determined my upstairs neighbor is stealing electricity from me.

He lives directly above me, and I finally noticed an extension cord draped out of his window, wrapped around the corner of the building, and plugged into an outlet in the front of the building, directly underneath outer windowsill of my bedroom.

I initially assumed that the outlet was just part of the circuit for the building, like with laundry and such. But last night, I went through each of my apartment breaker switches, and finally found one that controls that outlet. The thing is, it also apparently controls my bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen light. I went ahead and switched the breaker, so whatever he had on there is done for now. It also means that I'm without most of my lights.

Is there anyway I can disable that outlet, or invisibly fuck up his cord, while leaving my lights alone? I would deal with him in person, but he seems like a very dangerous drug dealer/user or pretend he doesn't speak English, and I'd prefer to deal with this without being face to face. Also, my landlord is a scumbag who wouldn't give a shit, and I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested this to my neighbor.
>>
U got pics of outlet
>>
>>1118238

Uhhhh.... not at the moment. Just curious, would a picture help at all?

I'm thinking of just wire nutting the wires inside, and replacing the outlet and extension cord to where he put them.
>>
>>1118237
This socket is on an _outside_ wall?
>w-why?
w/e.. anyway, if its only lights you had on that circuit, get an extension cord and plug some floorlamps into another circuit. After 2/3 days, he'll have got the message, and either find a new socket, break in and flip the breaker, or come and kill you. Other option is tracing the wires, and disconnecting that socket permanently, but, it dont sound like you know what you are doing, that'll probably kill you as well.

Basically, move - but waiting it out a few days is probably 2nd easiest.
>>
Why don't you be a man and not a complete cuck? He just stole from you.
>>
Take pics and maybe a few vids of the proof of that receptacle being utilized by his cord. Not sure if you need a lawyer or to contfront him directly with evidence of pics and increased bills. Meanwhile , you can probably figure one of these out .
http://www.accuform.com/lockout-tagout/wall-receptacle-lockout-cover-KDD147
>>
>>1118240
Don't replace the outlet but do wire nut that out
I'd also contact the police about the situation after contacting the landlord and if it continues go to the power company as well
>>
>>1118245

Looking around at similar cases online, it seems neither the police nor the power company take these cases super seriously.

>>1118241

Yep, outside. I don't think that's really all that uncommon...

>>1118242

Like I said, he seems like a pretty unstable guy. He also usually has a bunch of unstable friends over getting fucked up with him. I also think he might be buddy-buddy with my landlord, and I'd prefer to not piss either one of them off if I can.
>>
>>1118237
Take this up with your landlord. This is criminal theft.
>>
Is Chris "Pepper Hicks" Stanley your upstairs neighbor?
>>
>>1118237
Just unplug it and fill the outlet with JB Weld you mixed together into a syringe or squirting device.

No one will ever be able to plug anything into again.
>>
If you have access to the breaker box, there's plenty you can do. If multiple wires terminate at that breaker, one might be for that outlet. Or, you can find the junction box that feeds the outlet, disconnect the wires to the outlet, and connect them to ground. The most fun would be to run new wires to a 220v breaker and connect each side of the outlet to a phase. He'll stop using it immediately.
>>
OP, forget about all these ideas to rewire or disconnect the outlet. If you can leave the breaker off for a few days, maybe a week he'll just find another outlet hopefully not connected to your apt. It is probably 100x more inconvenient for him than you.
>>
If you're worried about your safety, eh, just sit around in the dark for a while. Maybe he didn't pay his own bill and got cut off.

If you're in a state where you can record conversations, record any conversation you have with your neighbor or your landlord. And upload it to a friend or something.
>>
You could re-wire to his own House circuit, of course If this does not represent any danger, so he never loose power but now he will pay they bill, just try to hide the new wire.
>>
He's stealing your electricity for his grow operation. Just break off the contacts inside the plug and superglue them in place, then burn the end of the cord with a lighter. It will look like it shorted and shit and render the outlet useless.
>>
>shut off breaker
>open outlet
>disconnect neutral & ground, nut off
>connect hot to ground of outlet
I have no idea what I'm talking about or what this might do, but I would like to know.
>>
>>1118285
Kek. That's actually not a terrible idea.
>>
>Buy highest paying renters insurance
>Document your belongings and add stuff to it.
> unplug electronics
>turn plug into 220
>neighbors grow lamp catches on fire, burns down building
>collect insurance payout
>>
File: IMG_1291.jpg (294KB, 1167x1394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1291.jpg
294KB, 1167x1394px
You got the right idea killing that breaker. I'd grab a non contact voltage detector for starters. Wait a few days so your neighbor gets the idea that the plug isn't gonna work anymore. Then sneak at night with the breaker off and open the outlet. Stick the voltage detector inside to make sure no wires are hot. Then disconnect the wires and wire nut them each closed. Put the outlet back with the wires disconnected so everything looks normal again, and now you can turn your breaker back on inside. Good luck, plz no die
>>
Just unplug it and keep unplugging it every time it gets plugged back in. Eventually the effort to go replug it will make him find a new outlet to steal from.
>>
>>1118304
fuck you. you sound like a little bitch
>>
>>1118304

Doing this in a manner that electrocutes your neighbor is very illegal.

Just wanna throw that out there.
>>
>Unplug
>charge some massive capacitors
>connect capacitors
>uncharge
>>
>>1118293

This sounds best if you don't want a confrontation.

You could also buy and install a gang cover. Same general principle, the only way he can steal again is to admit he's been stealing.
>>
File: 1458722805974.png (159KB, 562x509px) Image search: [Google]
1458722805974.png
159KB, 562x509px
>>1118237
You could always trace the outlet that he is using and superglue over the power socket. Maybe you'll get lucky and he will use something metal to try and dig the glue out? Miracles can happen, just not the religious kind. Feel for you though, had plenty of dick neighbors.
>>
OP, unplug all your valuables in your house, then get expensive cords and wire them in series into the circuit you think your neighbor is.on. when you click the switch you will dump hundreds of volts and amps into his house blowing the shit out of all his stuff. After that quickly undo all your shit and call the fire brigade and cops and let them "investigate" it. He will have to pay for all the cable damage in both properties. You will be without power for a few days though
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 223x226px
>>1118245
>>1118244
>lawyer
>police

Well that escalated quickly.

Dude's probably a window licker who thought he was getting free power somehow. Disable the outlet and move on with your life.
>>
>>1118334
thats retarded in every way and would not work
>>
>>1118351

I think its a play on the "unlimited power" meme of a surge protector plugged into itself.
>>
>>1118240
Cut the wire to the outlet and cap ot off with some electrical tape.
>>
>>1118237
Although all this advice about disconnecting him from your breaker is good and all, personally I'd be taking pictures and send them to him with a letter from a lawyer telling him that he is partially responsible for your electricity bills.

So:
Take pics
Disconnect this dirty thieving nigger
Use electricity like a free man for a few months
Send him a bill for the difference.

This russells my jimmies man.
>>
I would grab the cord and yank it, hopefully something expensive is on the other end
>>
The only way he will learn, is if his shit is fully fucked. Get some wicked strong capacitors, wire them up to an outlet, plug his cable in there, fry his stuff, then plug it back into the normal socket.

Not sure what's setup, but basically fry his shit.
>>
>>1118390
Kek this
>>
>>1118390
HAHAHA, yes!!! OP, do it, post video!
>>
File: IMG_4868.jpg (168KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4868.jpg
168KB, 1000x1000px
When I was a kid my uncle bought some property in the lakes. About an acre near a boat launch. It was on a road in an undeveloped neighborhood.

Before he died all he had managed to do with it was move on a travel trailer and put up an electrical plug.

The family used it for years to camp and fish. The neighborhood grew up around it.

Eventually the electric bill started going up.

When we made a surprise visit to it we saw where the neighbor had stretched an extension cord ACROSS THE STREET and was stealing power from our pole.

They reported him and then sold the property months later.
>>
>>1118237
Tweakers are goddamn theives, even electricity. I used to find the tweaker down the hall running an extension cord to a hall outlet. Dangerous unstable types, you're smart not to "play" with them they'll likely steal your shit when you're not home.

2 ideas:

-Kill the circuit breaker and run a heavy duty extension cord to your room. I had to do this once when I discovered my apartment was powering four 2000 watt baseboard heaters in a storage unit below my suite.

-The other will take a bit of sleuthing. Trace back the wires that feed that outlet and disconnect it at the junction box. In my region walling up junction boxes is against code so it should be accessable. If no junction box, that outlet could be paired from another outlet or light fixture. Personally, I would go to the closest fixture or outlet to the one he's stealing from and see if there's a line branching off to that outlet.

Trial and error, buddy. Good luck!
>>
File: V2Ho1BK.jpg (73KB, 890x506px) Image search: [Google]
V2Ho1BK.jpg
73KB, 890x506px
>>1118409
>The other will take a bit of sleuthing. Trace back the wires that feed that outlet and disconnect it at the junction box. In my region walling up junction boxes is against code so it should be accessable. If no junction box, that outlet could be paired from another outlet or light fixture. Personally, I would go to the closest fixture or outlet to the one he's stealing from and see if there's a line branching off to that outlet.

Actually this is a decent idea if you really do hate your landlord as well.

The exterior is prolly run in series from inside his apt, so just find the closest interior outlet (hopefully) and disconnect the power leading to that outlet.
>>
>>1118293
best idea in the thread.

tl;dr Just disconnect the outlet by flipping the breaker off, unscrewing and pulling out the outlet, disconnecting the internal wires connected to it (and putting caps on them for safety), and putting the outlet back into place.
>>
Go have a talk with the police in person at the station and tell them you suspect a grow op. Show them pics and your bill and that you want it treated as an anonymous tip. They raid the scumbag, problem solved.

Technical solutions to scumbag problems (other than killing the scumbag) don't usually work. Use the power of the state to fuck up his world and dime him out.

Also seek to live among a better class of people. Economic segregation is good.
>>
>>1118237
Tie rope to car bumper
Tie rope to cord
Go for a drive

? profit ?

I like the burned cord and disconnected outlet solution. >>1118285
>>
Any solution that doesn't get the scumbag jail time is insufficient. Don't think like a child prankster. Hate the asshole and fuck up his world.

If you don't already own a gun (every honest citizen should) that's a fine hobby to begin. There is no self-defense without firearms.
>>
>>1118434
>Tie rope to car bumper
>Tie rope to cord
>Go for a drive
>? profit ?

Edit:

Tie rope to his car bumper
Tie rope to cord
Wait for him to go for a drive
? profit ?
>>
>>1118237
disconnect plug, snip it off, walk away... nothing to it...
>>
>>1118456
right? How is this not your first idea?
>>
>>1118465
NotOp, but, I tell you why you dont do that..
If on the level, guy is somewhere between 'problematic' and 'pyscho' - in which case?, always assume pyscho.
Now, pyschos have a problem with other people 'damaging their stuff' and 'causin them problems' - you NEVER become the VISIBLE source of a problem for pyschos. If his rigged up juice dont work, 1st, he'll look to see if its still plugged in, and EXACTLY AS HE LEFT IT - if so, he maybe knows, somwehere, you flipped the breaker, but, you havent visibly changed anything, its fair enough. He tried something. it no longer works, try something else. He knows, breaking in to reset the breaker, or busting your head, the line of plausible denial is then way overshot, maybe less hassle trying another socket, end of problem.

If however, you unplug it, he plugs it back in, and you on his radar for 'fuckin with his electricity' - bad move. Cutting the end of his extension? Dont even. As said, best to leave it plugged in, flip the breaker, live with the inconvience a few days, and consider the benefits of relocation, because, this BS, this on your home turf & sanctuary, its no life dude.
>>
>>1118237
He is growing pot.

Phone in a tip to police.
>>
>>1118290
this is the way to handle things.

Make sure to get memorabilia out, and leave the expensive computers and tv's cuz you can always get a new one.
>>
>>1118332

>Miracles can happen

kek
>>
>>1118309
How would that electrocute his neighbor?
>>
>>1118237
Wait for him to leave.
Flip breaker
Unwire outlet
Melt the end of his extension cord with a torch of some sort
Plug cord back in
>>
>>1118390
This but tie it to somewhere safe on your car and just drive off
>>
>>1118443
The burned outlet idea fixes the problem of OP having an outside outlet on his circuit. Police will just invite confrontation from his neighbor and landlord (who is buddy buddy with the guy). In all honesty, he should move, but knowing how leases are (at least in my state), it's just going to cost him money he might not have right now. Better to just disable the outlet (either by disconnecting it, or breaking the contacts off inside) and wait out his lease, if he's too much of a pussy to face possible retribution.
>>
Where do you live OP?

Tenants usually have lots of rights when it comes to this. You can stomp down on your landlord in numerous ways for doing super shady shit like this. If you want to. Or at least do so when you are ready to move out.
The threat of having the building condamed usually gets shit done.
>>
OP, it's easy:

- Unplug the extension cord, then cut its plug.
- Check every week or so, and every time you see a cord, unplug it & cut it.
- Put the plug in your pocket, don't leave it.
Easy! No confrontation, no lawyers, done!
>>
>>1118390
At 3 AM
>>
File: 1413509127854.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413509127854.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>>1118510
One more thing:
- Cut off your breaker, THEN:
- Take out the outlet w/a screwdriver and scissors.
- Tape the wires APART with electrical tape.
- put a plate where the outlet used to be.
The asshole will leave it alone if he thinks it's gone.
>>
>>1118237
Take a bunch of photos and a video. Gather all your electric bills and take him to small claims court. Sue him for half your bills starting the month your bills spiked. Also, call the police after and get a police report. They would be able to go inside his apartment and disconnect whatever he has running. That way you have a police report to give the judge as well.
>>
>>1118516
this

you're loosing money. get that shit back and buy a shot gun
>>
>>1118516
This. OP you lost money because of that faggot.
>>
>put rent in escrow
>tell landlord you want it dealt with and you also want a credit for electric bills
He'll be all over it once it hits him in the wallet
>>
>>1118583
Most states won't let you do that unless it's a danger to life or safety.

OP also hasn't told us where he's from. Not all states have this option.
>>
>>1118237
You should buy a big ass transformer and splice it into the breaker so when he goes to turn his shit on it gets 10 kV to the dick.
>>
Wire a 2:1 transformer (like a 120-240v transformer but backwards) in before his wire. Some of his stuff will work badly, and his kettle will take much longer to boil, eventually he'll go mad
>>
>>1118237
If 3 pin rewire plug so live in socket goes to ground of plug, if 2 pin bump it up as high as you can and try and fry all his shit
>>
>>1118264
Oh shit, I never thought of that. That's beautiful.
>>
If there's your wall behind where the box is, I'd install a switch so you can turn power on during the day when you're gone when someone would come to fix it, and flip it back off at night when you're home
>>
>>1118323
This, so much this. Overload the shit out of that cord
>>
>overload his shit OP!
>burns entire building down
holy fuck retards
>>
>>1118693
with renter's insurance ahead of time and the source of the fire in a different unit, there should be no problem, unless OP dies in the fire, too.
>>
>>1118287
>I have no idea what I'm talking about or what this might do, but I would like to know.

The breaker would trip the second you flipped it on.

Unless there ground path was broken somewhere, in which case, everything connected to that circuit that's supposed to be grounded is now live. This should not affect anything electrically (other than that it wouldn't power on), but it does, obviously, prevent a hazard.
>>
First you need a very small camera and an rc car. Drive around the vents up to his space and find his bed. Next, buy a gun. Unload several magazines from below into his bed while he sleeps. Problem solved, and you'll get free sex for life in prison ya virgin
>>
>>1118729

I like that hazard, make the case of anything plugged in become hot.

If grounds are all bonded by twist instead of screw wire block, you'd have to just swap hot and neutral and hope for results, or just move neutral to the next breaker over to make it 240.

Most fun way is to unplug any of your shit, remove lightbulbs etc that would complete the circuit locally, then move ground wire for that branch to hot side of breaker.
OR: less safe, disconnect ground from rail/bond so that it's a wire that goes nowhere, then short an outlet from hot to ground, slightly less obvious that it was tampered with in dangerous manner. If someone investigated, it'd just look like the ground wire came loose.

There should never be a circuit formed from hot to ground in a properly functioning device, so it won't trip the breaker. It will just make cases and ground wires become LIVE.

Might fry some sensitive digital stuff, but mostly it'll shock the fuck out of anyone touching the case of any case grounded devices, which might include light fixtures jury rigged to an extension cord.

changing circuit from 120 to 240 is probably the least dangerous legally, since it should just wreck devices and not shock or kill anyone.
>>
>>1118237
So first off, point out to landlord that A) fire risk and B likelihood of burning out circuits he'll have to pay to fix. Once he's been informed >>1118516 jointly and severally liable, unless landlord has taken steps to remediate situation.

move first though.
>>
>>1118308
Fuck you. Op said the guy stealing is potentially dangerous so damaging his extension cord or anything connected to it is probably not a good idea and rigging it to shock him is a bad idea cause it will just make the guy kill op. unless op goes full lethal with his booby trap but then op has to play it off as an accident or he could be facing serious criminal charges.
>>
Unplug his shit and cut the cable you spineless whimp
>>
Don't be a gimp and fuck with the electrics, have a chat with your power company and the popo that you think your neighbor could be robbing your power.

My wife works for a power company and literally every situation involving stealing power or ridiculously high over usage was down to a grow-op (or really shitty kebab shops), so they'll know what's up right off the bat.
>>
>>1118237
Gather evidence of everything and report the cunt to your utilities supplier.
>>
>>1118759
>buy live ladybugs on amazon
>put them on rc car
>release them into his vents and drive away
>>
>>1118251
This.

>>1118237
Check the wall on the inside. There is probably an outlet there too. Open it (breaker off!) and see how many wires are attached to it. There's a chance the wire for the outside outlet is wired to that outlet. Merely disengage it.
>>
>breaker off
>disconnect wires, replace as it was
>report to police(in person) and power

You may want to skip step 1 and 2 if you want the guy to get caught with his grow op
>>
>>1118894
>cures aphid problem
>production doubles
>thanks anon!
>>
>>1118237
Take a transformer out of a microwave. Wire it to said cord. Enjoy watching his electronics pile up at the dumpster.
>>
>>1118973
Wire up the transformer with a Capacitor in parallel and a spark gap in series if you want a fun project whilst annoying (killing) your neighbour!
>>
>>1118237
plug yourself into his outlet haha.
but seriously just tell him you caught him and just tell him youll let it go once.
and if he ever does it again then he either better start paying you the difference, hook you up with free weed, or go to jail. his choice
>>
I work in a detox in a large city. Get all kinds of people. None of whom want to be there, usually brought in by police. A long story short I deal regularly with people who are "druggies" and criminal sorts. And I'd say 1 out of 50 cases is too rough to handle, usually too intoxicated. Most people are civil, appreciate direction if they are stepping on someone else toes, and are willing to accommodate others. Knock on his door, tell him your power has tripled, you cant afford it and you noticed something plugged into an outlet you pay for. The guy will probably appreciate it, even if it's not immediately, and at least regard you as being straight up.
All this passive aggressive shit, will get you into trouble. Don't be a pussy.
>>
>>1119275
I also work in a rehab and most people I encounter (let alone most people in life) don't like having boundaries imposed or entitlements taken away. It's also different when you hold some level of "authority" as in these institutions.
>>
Step 1: Unplug everything you own on that circuit and turn off any lights controlled by it, make sure nothing of yours is hot.
Step 2: Open the panel and find the romex (I'm assuming it will be romex) feeding the circuit from the breaker.
Step 3: Take the neutral from that romex off the neutral bar and place it under an empty breaker.
Step 4: Turn both breakers on.
>>
>>1118251
>>1118237
Or call the police. If you're right that he's a drug dealer/taker then as well as the criminal theft thing you just gave them probable cause to enter and search his flat.
>>
>>1119275

Literally should exterminate these kind of "people".
>>
>>1118237
just open the outlet and cut the wires off then close it back up
>>
report him anonymously to the fbi because you think he grows mariuahna
if they find something he goes to jail
if they find nothing disconect the outlet while hes away from home
>>
>>1118237
Fuck that grab the cord with two hands and yank the cocksuckers refrigerator through the window. Then cut the cord into foot long sections and leave them on his porch.
>>
>>1119547
>fbi
>marijuana
>>
>>1119547
report him anonymously to the ATF because you think he grows mariuahna
if they find something he goes to jail
if they find nothing disconect the outlet while hes away from home
>>
>>1119713
As a bonus they'll shoot his dog for you.
If he doesn't have one, they'll buy him one and then shoot it.
>>
>>1118237
fuck with his cord, sever the wires in the cord without damaging the plastic, continue untill he moves out, then block off the oulet so the next neighbors wont try shit
>>
Unplug it and cut off the plug. Fuk that bitch. I dont play that shit, i keeps it real, howbow dat
>>
>>1118241
Lol,

ITT: anon has to move or die through no fault of his own.

Rip op
>>
>>1118237

For fucks sake this thread...

Walk upstairs.

Beat on door.

Beat neihbor with the outlet.

Take more cash than you bills or take enough shit to make it right.

Leave.

NOTE: he tries anything else reoeat the steps.
>>
>>1118240
Superglue (or don't) plastic child proof caps into the outlet. That'll send a clear message.
>>
>>1119858
Also, a small amount of fulminated mercury would be useful if things get heated between you and the neighbor.
>>
>>1118257
That fat centaur fuck
>>
just disable the outlet and move on.

I rented a Triplex and the circuits and pipes were all crossed. It was not done by the people living there but by the retarded owners.

>two washing machines on my circuit that were supposed to be on the one the land lord paid for
>all the basement lighting on mine (which was communal space)
>outdoor lighting on mine including some large sodium vapor lamps
Then the one that really pissed me off
>House is old as shit and gas bills are retarded high
>Two hot water heaters in basement, one for first floor (me) and one for the two smaller units on second floor
>My hot water heater is the in-feed for the other water heater and then it feeds into the building as a whole

So basically the second water heater is doing next to nothing since it is already getting hot water fed to it.

I chewed their asses out and got two months free rent (2400/3) and got the water heater taken off my gas bill.
>>
Call the police and the electricity provider (I assume your city). They are supposed to send a technician that will determine whether youre right and he will be fined/arrested/sent back to Mexico

I have a small business and some dumbass been stealing electricity for 2 months from my office.

I initially got bamboozled because he started doing that right at the start of the winter, with electric heating and such it was obvious that the electricty bills would increase so I didn't notice.
>>
>>1120218
also if your bill doubled/tripled means he's using high wattage electronics.
So unless he has a production line electronics in his flat he's growing marijuana.

Tip the shit out of him
>>
>>1118265
I second this notion
>>
>>1118390
This.
>>
You could:
>cut off the plug

>open up the plug and disconnect the wires

>cut the cable and reattach the plug just so it can't reach the outlet

>unplug/turn off everything you've got on the circuit and flip the breaker on/off like crazy

>buy yourself a long extention cord to plug into his and plug your end into another neighbour

>buy yourself an extension cord and somehow plug it into one of his outlets

>replace extension cord plug with a female end
>>
>>1120220
Not necessarily. A bill can triple like that just from portable electric heaters. Had a customer call because their bill quadrupled. They had gotten 3 space heaters, one for each room. Needless to say they got rid of them quite soon.

>>1120218
As far as the utility company doing anything. I work for a major provider and our policy is we will come out and fix a dangerous wiring issue if it is at the meter. If they are stealing directly from us we'll get involved. If they are stealing from the customer, the customer is on their own. I advise them to involve the authorities and good luck
>>
>>1119858
Dude is a pussy. He's scared of collusion between his neighbor and landlord, while suspecting the neighbor of being a dangerous psychopath (read: neighbor can beat him up). He won't ever fuck with the outlet, nor will he call police, let alone a direct confrontation.
>>
>>1119275
This guy is running an extension cord out a window. He likely knows he's not supposed to be doing that. Civil confrontation will probably resolve the problem, but the guy might retaliate by keying the car, if he's got a grow-op.
>>
Jesús christ why does everyone want their neighbor's to be swated? we can asume hes growing pot but he could be using it for heating
>>
>>1120926
He's a piece of shit whoever he is. Doesn't matter what he's doing its nigger tier behavior.
>>
why is there no picture of this?
the guy probably just thinks he's getting it from the apartments, not the residents
dont accuse him of anything, just tell him you found out you are paying for that outlet. that's all you have to do.

"Hi, I'm your neighbor. I just found out that the apartments wired that outlet to my house. If that thing that's plugged in is yours, can you plug it in somewhere else?"

Then glue it anyway because fuck 'em.
>>
>>1120988
He very obviously knows.

You must be some pothead nigger.
>>
OP, what state do you live in? This is pretty damn important if you want anons to be able to help you.
>>
>>1118237
What's your landlord going to do you? He has to abide by the rent agreement as much as you do. Who the fuck cares if they're buddy-buddy. Landlord doesn't do anything about this issue with the other tenent you go to the cops, showing spikes in your power bill and pictures of the outlet in question. Tell them what you think of your neighbor in that he seems unstable and possibly using drugs. They'll go in, find his fucking grow operation because that's the only real reason he's using so much power, arrest him and charge him. You get to take him to court and sue for cash. Who gives a fuck about confrontation Anon, this is YOUR money, YOUR outlet, YOUR power. If you're afraid he'll kill you beforehand, invest in a weapon to defend yourself. If you live out in some poor neighborhood, you need to prepare yourself to live there.
>>
>>1120926
Yeah. He nearly tripled OPs electricity bill. If he has that many space heaters in his apartment, he must be running a sauna. As >>1120962
said, this is nigger tier behavior. Its been going on for months and by now he should have noticed his power bills aren't going up so he definitely knows he's stealing god damn power.
>>
Unplug his extension cord from your outlet, take ANOTHER extension cord, plug one end into his and the other end into a third neighbours outlet. Then it's the third neighbours problem.
>>
>>1118250
you are entitled to the money he cost you in your electric bill. Just take this straight to the police don't even fuck around trying to talk to some nutjob. Maybe threaten him with cops first if you grow balls. Either way this is some stupid illegal shit that you should have no problem clearing up with cops
>>
>>1118237
Just pull on the cord as hard as possible and see what happens. Or tie it to a vehicle and drive off
>>
steal the same amount of energy from him
>>
File: images (18).jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>1118237
Would it be posssble to charge the cord with 220 by hooking an extension cord to a cloths dryer cord and pluging it in?
Would the result of this be instant death to any appliance connected and possible apartment complex fire?
>>
Turn off the power, insert flat head screw driver, bend prongs until a connection can not be made, but no visible damage. Turn power back on. Not like he can report a broken *non visibly* socket to your landlord which he doesn't own.
>>
>>1118265
Came here to post this.
>>
unplug it, yank it down
or call landlord
>>
>>1121338
Yes, that would be easiest way to do it.
>>
File: bSo5KSu[1].jpg (693KB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
bSo5KSu[1].jpg
693KB, 3264x1840px
>>1118237
Get cable of approx same color and length.
Attach male plugs to both ends - if too incompetent for this, you may have difficulty purchasing one, as some storekeepers irrationally and discriminatorily insist upon selling male to female cables only [pic related].
leave one plug end end visibly loose alongside where the original cable enters his house (wrap it under old cable once, leave on windowledge, w/e)
Unplug original cable, plug in other end of new cable.
Wait on him returning home from organising deliveries of wholesale crack shipments into the hood or w/e, and noticing the power is out, running towards the window to look why, seeing the live male end dangling there, grabbing it angrily thinking you have unplugged it, scream loudly, overbalance and topple over the window ledge, cable still grasped in now-burning hand, etc.
>Profit? Profit.
>>
>>1118468
You don't want to do this. In a fire investigation, they look for missing irreplaceable memorabilia like photo albums as possible evidence of arson.
>>
MAGA
>>
>>1118250

>unstable
Nothing bullets won't cure.
>>
>>1118344
>Tripled power bill
>neighbor seems like a drug dealer
I'd guess he's growing weed
>>
>week later
>no sign of op
he ded
>>
>>1121385
omg when i made a male-male cable, i though i was a fucking genius
until i plugged it in and realized everything
>>
>>1118512
Junkies/dealers being asleep at 3am.... wut
>>
>>1118265
Me too. This is definitely the best idea!: Entertaining and fun! Play his own game and beat him at it! Paybacks are a bitch and he definitely deserves it!
>>
OP prolly ded, but if I was as much a pussy as OP, I'd just buy some roaches, kill a few, say you found eggs in your clothing and you had to destroy it, sue the landlord for unsanitary conditions. You get out of your contract, you get paid(they'll most likely settle out of court,) and you won't have to live there anymore.

I don't have a solution for when you look in the mirror and see a little bitch though, you'll have to live with that for the rest of your life.
>>
>>1122455
...... Just let him go to the fucking police....
>>
just plug the male end into another neighbors outlet

problem deferred
>>
Call your utility, they will have a hotline for stealing. You'll be eligible for reimbursement based on your usage pattern. Depending on how much he stole, could be a felony.

If you want to be clever, crank your electricity usage until it becomes a felony then report him.
>>
>>1118237
Get some really strong (10 000volt or more) capacitors, discharge into wire at random. Do this at night when it hasn't been raining, make sure to have a gratituous fire insurance policy as well.
>>
>>1118237
Take a shit through his letterbox. He'll get the message
>>
>>1122612
>He'll get the message
Probably not, considering anybody could shit in a mailbox for no reason at all.
>>
>>1118351
Actually he might have something going here, if he could keep all the breakers shut so they don't all trip off, it would put a lot of power into that one outlet, much like a 240v outlet just pulls 120v from two points on the 120v panel,
It would likely be easier to just unplug, turn off all of his lights on the circuit his neighbor is plugged into and just run 240v with a deathdapter cable into one of the outlets on that circuit, if he's in America his stuff likely wont be rated for 240v and it'll fry anything plugged in.
I have a deathdapter I made for my welder to pull 240v from a dryer outlet and plug my welders 120v cord into it, because I didn't want to change the cord every time I want to plug it back into 120v.
>>
>>1122661
My grandfather always had problems with the breakers tripping, so he just replaced them with nails.
>>
File: 1463789714693.jpg (86KB, 960x810px) Image search: [Google]
1463789714693.jpg
86KB, 960x810px
>>1122677
>nails
600amp is quite huge, would start with a 16amp first
>>
>>1118412
This.
Obviously most people itt have never done electrical.

OP, shit is wired in series (in a line) to save on wiring cost. Wire goes to one plug, then another wire goes from it to the next plug.
Its not like every plug/device has its own wire to the breaker.

Goto the socket closest to the outside plug, unscrew it from the wall and see if it has 2 sets of wires- one will be source from the chain to the breaker, other will be the downstream flow to the external socket. Disconnect the one headed towards our side. If you can't tell which is which, just disconnect one and test.
>>
>>1122778
No penny?
>>
>>1118237
This is like a classic court case. The dude stealing your electricity could face civil and criminal penalties. You have damages (triple power bill). Contact the police and file in small claims court.
>>
>>1122576
>do this
>other neighbor isn't a little bitch
>he confronts the scumbag
>argument ensues
>other neighbor shoots and kills the scumbag
>world is instantly a better place

Sounds good to me, do this OP.
>>
Fill the socket with glue.
>>
>>1118897
>Check the wall on the inside. There is probably an outlet there too. Open it (breaker off!) and see how many wires are attached to it. There's a chance the wire for the outside outlet is wired to that outlet. Merely disengage it.
THIS!
the guy upstairs probably doesn't even know that the outdoor outlet is also connected to your apartment lights - he just figures its 'free' electricity. don't become the target of his problem. just quietly disconnect the outdoor outlet from inside your apartment and go about like you know nothing.
>>
Op is probably dead by now.
>>
>>1122904
> shit is wired in series
Thats parallel buddy
>>
>>1122613
Shit in the outlet then
>>
>>1123171
no
>>
>>1122778
>cream cheese
I lost it
>>
File: tmp_19579-images(17)-348570293.jpg (8KB, 327x154px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19579-images(17)-348570293.jpg
8KB, 327x154px
>>1123257
Yes, if outlets were in series you would have a voltage divider fuckward.
>>
>>1123355
electrician ``in series'' is different from the actual electrical meaning of the term
>>
>>1118429
Depending on where you live you could get a reward for your tip if it leads to a conviction.

I'm a UK fag and that's how it works here. Keeping your name out of the prosecution loop might be safer though, long term.

Criminals are criminals after all.
>>
>>1123367
Well that's unnecessarily confusing.

Do they teach you other counter intuitive stuff at sparky school?
>>
>>1118240
Disconnect his wire and pump 400v Dc in it. that'll teach him to not steal power.
>>
>>1123367
I am a certified electrician, we do not nor never have referred to what you are describing as 'series', its called a radial circuit. Please go shitpost somewhere else, this is not the board for you son.
>>
>>1118250
move back in with your parents you sack of shit.
>>
>op disables outlet
>Dude calls landlord calls about the outlet
>no one bothers to check if thats really HIS outlet and sends maintenance
>they fix it in a day
>>
>>1123523
note the picture >>1123355
all of these outlets are electrically parallel, yet it calls them in series
check mate biribiri
>>
>>1123263
same : I basically saved that pic from another retarded thread because I fell for the cheese
>>
>>1121385
Why would anyone ask for a male to male cord "At this time of year?" Is there a special stupid time of year, or some part of the country that uses these at some point in the year?
>>
>>1124728
During Christmas time, people may put up lights all around their house and finally get to their outlet and have the wrong end of the Christmas lights to plug into

They figure its less work than taking all the lights down and putting them up right.
>>
File: pawn.jpg (13KB, 324x310px) Image search: [Google]
pawn.jpg
13KB, 324x310px
>not just cutting the cable and never mentioning it.
>>
>>1124734
first thought would have been to enable the connection of a generator to mains outlet the quick way (after isolating main breaker to prevent trying to backfeed the grid)
>>
>>1118334
You do not know what you are talking about and you should feel bad for pretending to.
>>
Hook up Microwave MOT transformer
>>
>>1124728
Yeah, as >>1124795 - power cut season - generator output to a socket will energise everything on that circuit. Including the poor fuck working on fixing the fault somewhere downstream, naively expecting a dead line to stay dead. You sposed to kill the breaker, stops you backfeeding the National Grid, but, people forget. While this is maybe a halfway arguable usage case for a male-male cable, the real killer is having these widow-makers laying around in cupboards and shit afterwards - there is literally no other use for them, someone invariably finds it and plugs it in, thinking its an extension, then goes hunting for the other end with their hand.

>>1124734
Have a vaguely repressed memory of doing something similar, its staying repressed - think LEDs killed the fun a bit, but Christmas Trees + High Voltage lights probably claimed more victims than ISIS - 26 people ded alone from watering Christmas trees with lights on in the past 13 years (Bongoland).
>>
>>1118237
Get an isolator switch installed on the inside of your house, that way you can shut off the power to the outlet when you don't need it.
>>
>>1121385
>discriminatorily
fucking homophobes
>>
My initial thought was to either build a cheater cord tied across two different circuits of opposing phases to create 220v, then plug the stealers cord into it and fry everything he has connected to it.
But that might start a fire, so....
Use pliers to rip one of the prongs out of the plug, then put it back in the socket. It'll look normal from the outside, but will be completely useless. Only option is to either replace the cord or replace the end of the cord.
>>
File: 1483917762215.jpg (110KB, 686x622px) Image search: [Google]
1483917762215.jpg
110KB, 686x622px
>not just cutting the cord

why does this thread exist
>>
Look at the outlet. If there are 2 screws above and below the outlet holes, then there is a cover on top of it.

Go to home depot and buy outlet covers that have no holes. It just covers the outlet holes completely. They are screwed on. So unscrew the original cover with the holes in it and replace it with the new blank cover.

If you check again and it has been removed then talk to your land lord and tell them you have proof that the guy above you is stealing power from you. Tell them you bought a cover because you suspected it then tell them it was later removed because they wanted to keep stealing power. Show them the extension cord coming down from your neighbor above
>>
>>1118264
Das it mane
>>
unplug the cable , get a replacement cover for the outlet that doesn't have the plug. screw that in. be done .
>>
>>1125269
Because that's a temporary solution that's easily fixed. Snapping off the contacts in the socket, then gluing them in place requites the entire socket to be replaced and removes the ability of anybody to steal his power from that society again.
>>
>>1125558
*socket, not society.
>>
>>1118729
Prevent or present?
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.