[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roads, bridges and hills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: HP_2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
HP_2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
So something that I've always wanted to do is build roads that are fun to drive on. Fun roads would require elevation, turns, lookouts and so on.

Is it possible to build your own hill? As in own property and ship lots of earth to your land and build on it? Would the county shut me down?

I know it can be done
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_River_Floodway

pls contractors and builders advise
>>
Why not build a go cart raceway?

Its fun as hell and educational for kids.

I keep thinking schools need to send kids to go cart places before they learn to drive.

Kinda like riding a pony before you ride a horse
>>
File: Lievin_France_pano2005-08.jpg (99KB, 1200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lievin_France_pano2005-08.jpg
99KB, 1200x300px
It's possible with time and dedication. Local authorities might be pissed.
It would be cheaper to buy a hill.
>>
It is possible to build your own hill and your own roads so long as it is on private property.

Roads that are really curvy and "fun to drive" tend to be less safe and don't meet state/local/federal design standards, so they aren't built like that these days.

Building your own road would be insanely expensive though. Embankment construction alone of that caliber requires large equipment to move as well as a cut section to provide your fill material. Don't forget you need to get it compacted well so that it doesn't just wash away, and then eventually stabilize the slopes.

Next is the construction of the actual surface, a dirt surface would be cheapest and can just be bladed. A blade, or motorgrader is a very challenging piece of equipment to use to have it come out good. This would also apply if you made an aggregate path.

Asphalt pavement or concrete would get expensive quickly, to the tune of about a million per mile.

I can provide a lot more information as I'm a construction engineer who builds highways for a living. Unless you have significant resources though, the cost of a project like this would be monumental for a single individual.
>>
>>1117748
Quarry fag here. Unless u wanna fill in mud holes a lot you gonna need some rock. And it aint cheap. Then again uncould just throw some 3 inch rock in the bigger holes and deal with it. Pickup load is roughly 10 bucks. Get you a skid loader and go crazy anon.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170123-105006.jpg (3MB, 1400x1642px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170123-105006.jpg
3MB, 1400x1642px
>>1120151
If doing by hand get "clean/screened" 1 1/2". Any smaller the dirt just eats it around here. And any bigger its a cock to shovel.

Also used to haul rock. 3 inch base till it packs in. 1 1/2" crusher run on top as it packs in. Thats who i built miles of lease roads. We through 1 1/2 crusher run on the quarry roads.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.