[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

how to taxidermy a dog?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

my dog just died, and i want a special way to remember him. im hoping to dress him up rasta style, sitting on his hind quarters giving a thumbs up. how would i position him.
>>
>>1117654
Dogs don't have thumbs, bro.
>>
>>1117657
they have higher up digits on there forearms that vaguely resemble thumbs.
>>
>>1117654
Just don't fuck it up as badly as I did...

Dat ain't Franky Boy.. I don't even know who that is, man.
>>
>>1117659
this, but im gonna use one of his regular claws and pretend its a thumb. i want it to be prominent.
>>
>>1117661
Dogs don't have claws bro.. They have paws.
>>
>>1117660
JESUS FUCK. No wonder your domes are all fucked up, you have that staring at you.
>>
File: paws-parts_0.jpg (22KB, 644x382px)
paws-parts_0.jpg
22KB, 644x382px
>>1117664
science motherfucker.
>>
>>1117661
sounds like you would require an extra "parts" animal to accomplish that properly
>>
>>1117669
recommendations? i was worried id have to break his thumb to get it into position, but this sounds more realistic. hes a fat pug.
>>
>>1117654
you have to pull out the organs before preserving the skin.
>>
>>1117707
well that i intend to do, ill be replacing them with a bong.
>>
>>1117707
how would i preserve the skin by the way, is it at all like making leather? where would i find some tanic acid?
>>
>>1117654
Make a bong out of your dog. Like the guy who made his cat a drone.
>>
I'd just bury it and not have a defiled corpse in my room, but it's your dog, OP.
>>
File: dew-claw-dewclaw-05.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dew-claw-dewclaw-05.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
>>1117668

Did you know some dogs have two dewclaws?
>>
>>1117793
Dewclaws are supposed to be removed as a puppy
>>
>>1117795
Only in murrica, and only together with the tip of your dick.
>>
>>1117807
I forgot
The nanny state you live in, you cant even dock and crop a dog anymore. Literally against the law.
>>
File: image.jpg (260KB, 900x1335px)
image.jpg
260KB, 900x1335px
Skin him and wear his hide so you can gain his spirit power.
>>
>>1117654
I don't think taxidermy is something you want to DIY, really, can you fucking imagine...
Gutting your dog, removing soft tissues like eye balls, sewing his butt hole closed, removing all the fluids and shit. Fuck that, just bury the fucker and frame a picture.
>>
>>1117813
wow we cant mutilate our dogs
truly a nanny state
>>
>>1118379
Nah, you can just deal with the dogs pain and vet bills when its dewclaws get caught on something and rip up, or its whip tail breaks and cant heal, or it has recurring ear problems.
>>
>>1117660
What the fuck. Nigger just get a nice print your favorite picture next time. You don't need that creepy shit in your home.
>>
>>1118397
As a geneticist I disapprove purebred dogs.
But the claw can get stuck. Keep the nail short enough.
>>
>>1117867
>This
>>
>>1117867
This sound better than >>1117660
There is a reason taxidermists refuse to do pets : it's because you can't recreate perfectly the animal, he will always look weird to the owner. To someone who didn't know the animal alive, it may look OK, but to the owner it will look like this abomination.
>>
>>1117654
Mummify it. When people stuff them like this, it just looks insane and horrid. Do it with some dignity.
>>
>>1117867
>so you can become gay as fuck.
>>
man my dog just died, kinda wish I did this

she's prob ash now
>>
>>1117660
I am still recovering from laughing at this
>>
>>1117654
what about the guy who turned his cat into a quadcopter

do some animatronics and have his head turn to track people as they pass or randomly glowing eyes. Then your special way of remembering him would be seeing people shit themselves
>>
>>1117660
I can't stop laughing
>>
>>1117654
I work at an animal shelter kennel, one day a lady came in holding her freeze dried dog. She talked to him like he was still alive and talked about how her and her hudband "dance with him at night". she apparently takes him with her everywhere and has now had him like that longer than she did alive. Ended up having to ask them to leave because she kept showing the damn thing to the children in the cattery and making them cry

You really wanna go down the road of being that OP? Okay, but I wouldn't recommend your own dog being your first taxidermy project

>>1117813
There's no real reason to remove dewclaws unless the dog does actual work like sled pulling or game retrieving
also
>what is nail trimming

>ear problems
if cropping really was about the dog's ear health, wouldn't the practice be originally be done to breeds that are actually prone to ear issues? Nah, because it's done for intimidation. That's why only trailer trash does it. And those ear issues aren't even a problem if you clean your dog's ears like twice a year as a decent owner would

>hurting their tail
You do realize how rare it is for a dog to get happy tail unless they're confined to a crate or kennel for most of their day, right? And you shouldn't be doing that outside of a boarding or shelter situation anyway.

And cropping/docking makes your dog socially retarded. Dogs give a lot of body language cues through the way they carry their ears and tail, so amputating them makes reading if they're scared/aggressive more difficult to determine. Even from other dogs perspective. When I got trained on behavior for adoption assessments, there was an entire section on the unpredictability of cropped/docked dogs

in the UK, those procedures are permitted on dogs if the owner can provide proof that the dog is actually being used for working purposes and is at greater risk of injury otherwise. Not just for faggots that want pointy ears on their Doberman to make them feel better about their tiny dick
>>
File: 1480017165917.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px)
1480017165917.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>1117660
>>
>>1117654
>I love muh dog ;_;
>better fuck around with its dead body and turn it into a creepy halloween decoration
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.