[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rope hole wood bushing thingy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: imige.png (9KB, 429x389px) Image search: [Google]
imige.png
9KB, 429x389px
Looking for something to protect a rope that goes through a piece of wood. I could smooth down the edges of the holes, but I'd rather have something else like a grommet to keep it from shredding the rope.

Not sure if the home center sells something like that or not.
>>
>>1117510
Get some tubing of the diameter you want and a little longer than the length you need.
Insert the tubing through the hole and flare each end.
>>
>>1117514
that's what I was thinking about

pvc or metal?
>>
>>1117516
Is there an easy way to flare out PVC?
>>
>>1117560
heat gun?

I remembered I have some molding plastic, that might work also
>>
File: 1484783614872.png (37KB, 429x389px) Image search: [Google]
1484783614872.png
37KB, 429x389px
>>1117510
what about this?
>>
>>1118454
I would have used a router bit, but that was the gist of that idea

it would still take sanding for it to be really smooth
>>
Wood won't fuck up the rope it'll eventually get smooth. Also apply some wax or grease
What is the application?
>>
Make a sandpaper cone and stick it on a drill/rotary tool.
>>
>>1117510
Buy a plastic funnel that fits snug into the hole, andcut off the end
>>
>>1118708
part of a laundry rack

>>1118728
maybe if it was wrapped around something for support

>>1118771
thinking outside the hole, I like that
>>
>>1117510
Buy a nylon bushing from the hardware section of your local harware store.
They are used as bushing for axles.
>>
>>1118828
assuming the person you'd ask is a moron and has no clue what a bushing is...in what department would one expect to find them?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.