[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classic vacuum cleaners general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_F2MKZjb7.jpg (9KB, 236x245px) Image search: [Google]
4L_F2MKZjb7.jpg
9KB, 236x245px
Can we have an old style vacuum thread? Eurekas, Hoovers, Electrolux, anything from the 40s to maybe the 70s

>have a few myself
>trying to fix one but can't take it apart, need help.
>no screws or rivets or anything I can see, I think the sheet metal was somehow crimped together as part of the assembly
>will UL pics later
>>
>>1117322
They cool af. Considering finding junk ones and hiding brand new vacumes in them.

Not sure why.
I have however used a hoover for a hood scoop.
>>
>>1117322
>>trying to fix one but can't take it apart, need help.

This reminds me of a 'letter to the editor' in an old electronic magazine.
Guy wanted advice on how to get the back off his tube-type TV so he could 'fix' it.
Response was,"If you can't figure out how to get it open you have no business in there."
>>
>>1117322
>eurekas
>hoovers
>electrolux

op if you want vacuums.
ill give you the only one that exists
>>
>>1117322
it's a universal motor and a dust bag, they still make these.
what part makes them 'old style'?
>>
>>1117322
>>
>>1117610
Its probably a lot heavier for one.
>>
This thread sucks.
>>
>>1117612
Fuck Kirby.
My dipshit big brother got scammed by one of their door to door salesmen, who convinced him that buying a 1000 dollar vacuum on credit was a good idea.
I hate door to door salesmen.
>>
A few years ago i found an electrolux canister vac in my basement but couldnt find any of the accessories. We ended up tossing it because it had water damage, and last month we came across a whole box of parts. Still kicking myself for that.
>>
>>1118282
My aunt had the same shit happen. I mean she still uses it today so I mean it's lasted 30 years but then again think she got swindled out 2k as a poor farmer...
>>
The old machines are great. Electrolux canisters had this incredible rumble to them. Sexy. Kirby's are still running, usually Gen3 or earlier is best iirc. I worked at a vacuum repair shop and I took home a grinding kit. I hope I didn't throw it away when cleaning recently, it's beautiful stuff. Kirby also made tons of attachments besides that, the shampooer attachment, the magnet because you could use the vacuum in a metal shop, liquid blower attachment.

I love the Eureka uprights, unfortunately they didn't have hoses and there were a few that had really retarded fan setups (the twin-fan ones, they might not have been Eureka).

The basic hoover machines are nice (more modern), but the plastic casing around the motor loves to fucking crack, and since you had to take it out to get to the fan, it cracked too often.

The early Electroluxes used fabric hoses, and a lot of times you can't get new ones. You can usually find the ones with the electric pins. In-between, they had the fabric but you needed a cord which ran alongside the hose. Many times we'd use generic plastic hose, cut to length, and glue the son of a bitch into the end-caps of fabric hose coupling. I doubt that has to be done anymore with how proprietary shit gets, and of course you don't get a nice sleek cord with electrical wiring in it.

If you wanted to get a newer simple machine, I'd suggest the Eureka Multicyclonic Airspeed One. I fished it out of a dumpster, of course all it needed was a belt and unclogging. The thing is light as shit with good suction, and is cleaned out easily. I like it because it actually is so light it flexes. I have another kind I got from beside a dumpster but it's much heavier.

NEVER NEVER NEVER GET ANYTHING WITH A FUCKING CIRCUITBOARD. Jesus Christ they fuck those up. Anything portable, make sure it has lithium ion. 99% of them used NiCads before, and NiCads are fucking garbage. Battery can't last even a year or two at most, and if they explode it's mercury-cadmium inside
>>
my step mother uses this big chrome fucker from the 50s to sweep her house. Damn thing is like 5x as powerful as anything i've ever used.

I think my dad got it from a garage sale for like 10 bucks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.