[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yes I'm building a robot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170118_114717.jpg (712KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170118_114717.jpg
712KB, 1080x1920px
I've been buying books on building a robot for a while now, and I'd saved up about 400 bucks to get me started. I was going to place an order this weekend when I had to take adetour today going to work.
I drove by a scrap yard and saw a couple of power wheelchairs sitting inside the fence. I was just going to buy some parts off of them but they sold me the whole damned thing for 30 bucks! Only thing I can find wrong is the batteries are worn out and won't take a charge.

Controls all work and the motors sound good. I'll keep you guys posted!
>>
>>1117280
Thanks a lot OP, now the world is going to be taken over by sentient wheelchairs. Just how fucking mad do you think they are after years of being sat on by massive hamgalaxies?
>>
Why not build a powered couch instead? Getting to the store without even getting off your couch!
>>
Just think how pissed it will be when I fit it for a snow blade next winter. This fucker is going to wish it was hauling fatasses around again after I am done with it. Maybe a mower deck too. I haven't decided yet. It will have a small trailer too like my dad's antique big track toy.
>>
>>1117444
Are you createing some kind of robotic super vehicle? Sounds pretty rad.
>>
>>1117280
After close examination of OPs picture I have determined he either needs a new potato, should clean the lens on his current potato, or get a potato with motion stabilization.

As for the mobility skooters. Those make really good racing barstools. For robotics you really need to learn about stepper motors (servo's). Start with one of the many kits out there to learn the basics. Especially load, torque....
>>
Well the pic looks like shit-teir because it's nasty and sitting inside my truck still. It weighs over 350 lbs so I have to pull most o the unimportant shit off before I can even get it out. I will post another today after it's on the ground.
>>
File: sticker,375x360.u2.png (57KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.u2.png
57KB, 375x360px
What kind of robot OP?
>>
>>1117280
make a giant hexapod like the park rangers use to travel in forests/ up mountains
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.