[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently re did the finish on my table, sanded down the fake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0806[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0806[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Recently re did the finish on my table, sanded down the fake printed wood laminate and glued on top some veneer and stained it. However the stain ended up being darker than expected so i went ahead and used the varnish on the side part of the table top which is still fake laminate and it wont dry completely since it has no wood to go into, i rubbed off the excess on the side no avail, its still sticky. Whats the easist fix? should i just remove it and sand down the fake wood and glue veneer and stain as i did on top? or just clean off the stain and have the color not match? any way to easily solve it? Also satin or semi gloss polyurethane finish? i already bought semi but im having second thoughts for it.

Yes I know i have a fucked up Laptop
>>
File: rum.jpg (190KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
rum.jpg
190KB, 980x735px
There use to also be shelves on top connected to the table by side panels but i have decided to go on the contemporary-modern bandwagon and want wall mounted floating shelves. Is this a good design?
>>
File: IMG_0807.jpg (192KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0807.jpg
192KB, 980x735px
or this?
>>
File: thom.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
thom.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
nice CDs
>>
>>1117011
This shit was talked about on /mu/ all the time so i decided to try it out, all those cds are from a pawn shop doe.
>>
File: 09314375.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
09314375.png
312KB, 389x386px
>>1117017
>Taking recommendations from /mu/
>>
>>1117023
If i never went there i would never have had my life changed by MC RIDE
>>
>>1117026
Exactly. Don't go to /mu/
>>
>should i just remove it and sand down the fake wood and glue veneer and stain as i did on top

yes.

good job so far btw
>>
SATIN ON SEMI GLOSS TO MATCH THE LOWER PART? i honestly cant tell. i mean they are so close that i have no idea what the difference is.
>>
Update:the stain on the side seems to be drying a little bit, what if i wait more til its good. will putting poly on that part fuck it up?
>>
>>1116908
>fake laminate

do you know what laminate even is? Do you know how its meant to be applied? I get the feeling you researched none of this, which would have taken 5 minutes and would include tips about how to edge band/ease corners with a file.
>>
>>1118720
the original didnt have veneer it had fake printed wood on particle board. I added veneer on top and on the sides, what do you not get??
>>
>>1118738
Just rip that piece of shit off and put a new top on that's been done properly, like what you should have done from the start. I don't know why you would bother refinishing a shitty melamine board, instead of taking out the five screws holding it on and putting on a replacement.
>>
>>1116955
Yes, make sure they only go into sheet rock. You don't want to damage the precious studs, they hold your house up.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.