[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toilet Clogged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

So I accidentally flushed a plastic bottle (like 1.5in wide 4 in long) and now my toilet is extremely clogged. Is there any way for me to get it out without calling a plumber and spending hundreds of dollars? can't afford that
>>
>>1116872
Turn off the water. At the hook ups.
Drain the toilet, buck and sponge if you have too.
Get some towels.

Unbolt toilet from floor

Hope the bottle is in the toilet and no your pipes.

Remove bottle from toilet.

If it isnt there.... hope you can see it in your pipe, and get it out.

If you dont get it out. You must call a plumber. That eill get stuck and cause a back up into your house.
>>
It's more than likely stuck at a turn. Is it just your toilet that is stopped up? If so, let the water go down/shopvac the water out and pull the toilet. You might be able to get it out through the bottom, or atleast poke it back through. If it got past the trap in the toilet it's probably at the first bend in the drain pipe, which is probably under the toilet. If you pull the toilet you'll just need a new wax ring to sit on it when you reinstall, it's actually pretty simple if not a little gross.

If it made it further down the pipe, check for cleanouts (AFTER ALL WATER HAS GONE DOWN) or call a plumber. I doubt you can shred it with an auger.
>>
>>1116872
If you are calling a plumber on this one.... it wont be hundreds this could be thousands.
>>
OP here, I'd also like to add that the bottom of the toilet is underneath the tiles or something? so I'd have to remove the bottom of the floor to remove the toilet
>>
File: toilet.jpg (74KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
toilet.jpg
74KB, 450x450px
>>1116888
>bottom of the toilet is underneath the tiles or something?

That doesn't sound right. There's usually two bolts (one on each side) at the base holding the toilet down.
Newer models and countries other than the US may be different.

Get a coat hanger and straighten it except leave a hook at the end.
Use it to see if you can hook the bottle and pull it back into the bowl for retrieval.
If the coat hanger doesn't work and you aren't able to remove the toilet you may have to buy a toilet auger.
>>
File: toilet auger.jpg (12KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
toilet auger.jpg
12KB, 500x216px
>>1116894
You should be able to find a cheaper, homeowner type auger for less than $20.

The heavier duty pro models are a bit more expensive.

It acts in much the same way as the coat-hanger I mentioned above.
>>
>>1116894
The wax ring is underneath the tiles. Something like that, I forget what tbe plumber on the phone was saying
>>1116897
I borrowed one of those from someone and no success. Either it's too far in or I'm too dumb to use it I guess
>>
>>1116872
Leave it, move house
>>
>>1116900
>The wax ring is underneath the tiles
The tiles are likely cut to go around the flange that the bolts hook to.
When you lift the toilet off the bolts (the bolts stay in the flange - just the nuts and washers come off) you should be able to see the flange and the pipe in the center of the flange.
The wax ring may be stuck to the flange or the toilet or part to both.
I don't use wax any more. I've found a green foam ring at Home Depot ($12) that I like better.
If I have to pull a toilet there is no wax mess and the foam ring is reusable.

>>1116900
>I borrowed one of those - no success
They're kinda tricky and I'm not successful with one every time.
Be aggressive with it.
Pull the crank all the way back
Insert the coil into the drain path with the bend in the bottom of the bowl
Push the crank and turn at the same time
You should be able to get all of the 'spring' into the trap.
Pull back and forth while cranking pulling a little more back each stroke
If the auger can't get it and you can't pull the bowl you'll have to get someone else to do it. - plumber, dad, landlord, whoever
>>
File: saniseal.jpg (35KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
saniseal.jpg
35KB, 1000x1000px
>>1116913
>I've found a green foam ring at Home Depot ($12) that I like better.
>>
File: x0Oqvjw[1].jpg (38KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
x0Oqvjw[1].jpg
38KB, 600x409px
>>1116872
At least use the correct image, dude. This is 4chan for fuck sake.
>>
>>1116918
They are shit.

Wax is best.
>>
>>1116964

>stop liking what i don't like

kys
>>
>>1116979
I wonder why you never aee any one in the trade use those foam pieces of shit.
>>
>>1116980
I gave one to a master plumber yesterday
I left the card from the package with the plumbing supply house - they want to sell them
how many did you use before you discovered how terrible they are?
>>
>>1116872
>So I accidentally flushed a plastic bottle
How's this even happen? Ya forget it was in your butt?
>>
>>1116919
>SHITTERS CLOGGED
I came here to post this image and ask what the correct plunging technique is?

An upstairs toilet here has narrow pipes and gets clogged often, it's bad this time and my plunging isn't clearing it. I wonder if I'm doing it right?
>>
>>1117726
>correct plunging technique
Internet told me that a straight vertical up and down is right, fast and preferably violent.

Also that I should use a flange plunger and not a cup plunger though I've hardly ever seen one of those irl.
>>
I had a tenant with small kids that flushed a danimals bottle down the toilet. Augers and plunger did nothing, this was before I knew what was in there. Toilet is full to the brim with shit to boot and not draining, Got a cheap bucket vac to suck it all out and just replaced the toilet. Thing was wedged in the goose neck and I had no desire to go fishing for it. Billed the tennant the 100 bucks for the replacement.
>>
get a good wet dry vac and suck the damn thing back out
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.