[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burnmarks in oven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: oven1.jpg (416KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
oven1.jpg
416KB, 1328x747px
Greetings /diy/

I'm currently in the process of disassemblieng a convection oven with a faulty fan.
Upon removing the backplate i discovered that some of the insulation in the top of the oven is a bot charred/burnt. Is this normal or is the oven completely fucked?
>>
File: oven2.jpg (395KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
oven2.jpg
395KB, 747x1328px
Pic also related
>>
looks like smoke damage from the fan eating itself to me but you're the one with it in front of you. that's not normal though
>>
>>1115955

Looks like the seals for the elements have perished somewhat. The insulation on these tends to get fucked from past experience.
>>
>>1115961

I doubt that burning was caused by the fan. It will be heat from the oven chamber its self.
>>
>>1115997
that's fiberglass insulation, it didn't burn.
>>
yeah, it's all normal: wherever there's an element, there's a darkened area above it for obvious reasons. the top area has 2 elements, so twice as much dark area.
>>
>>1116002

Discolouration then, the point still stands.
>>
>>1116007
that's fiberglass insulation, it didn't turn brown and black because of heat.
>>
>>1116026

Your a fucking autist, arguing a non point.

The oven heaing up causes this staining, its basically deposits and crap from whatever the oven has been cooking transfering to the glass. Usually its pretty sticky from all the fat ect.

Its fucking retarded that you pick up on such trivial shit when basically saying its heat eacaping from the oven chamber explains the issue sufficiently for what OP is asking.
>>
>>1115955

That's a bit crispy, but not critical. Fiberglass will turn that color from all sorts of reasons from heat to smoke leaking out the back.. I suspect there might be an air leak by the element connector. Just check all the wires for any melt damage.

Pressure has been blowing stuff out there. See the trail and the mark directly above that split.

Look close at the left white/black wires where they run down to the ziptie, make sure there isn't any damage.
>>
OP here
Thanks guys. I actually bought the oven for next to nothing (the rest of the oven is in very nice condition) as a temp replacement for a shitty 20 year old oven.

I will check up on the things mentioned.
>>
Just smell it. If it smells like the inside of the oven then it is just leaky oven exhaust. If it smells lime carbon, then it's a burn or smoke from something that burned. Judging g by the brown coloring and my experience sticking g my head in ovens I'd say it's just an exhaust leak.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.