[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Architect/Remodeling software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Remodeling the house pictured and am looking for software that will allow me blueprint the current house. Then to be able to add an addition onto to it with different option. Would also like to be able to view the interior and plan out the different rooms. Changes windows, door, flooring. Being able to add a custom work like cabinets or deck would be great too.

I've been using Dream Plan Home design which is decently functional but lacks the ability to add roofs or beams. Being able to plan out landscaping would be nice. Is there software to cover this or do I need a couple different programs?
>>
>>1115754
any cad software

but universally recommended for non professionals: google sketchup
>>
>>1115754
AutoCADs good with exclusively 2D stuff.
There's an extension on google sketchup as >>1115765 mentioned for professional drawings that will need to be stamped later down the road. So I'd say that's a good start.
>>
A shot in the dark but it's realistic enough. You could literally play The Sims and build a house in that and add or subtract things on it and build and decorate the rooms as well. I have blueprinted many types of stuff in that game, from gyms, to community pools, from schools, to jails and the most unique houses imaginable. Damn shame I lost those save files long ago.

Google sketch up is good too like others had mentioned. Also just Google architect software and see what comes up. Good luck.
>>
>>1115834
>CAD with Sims
please tell me you are not qualified in whatever country you are from
>>
>>1115837
I am not an architect or a builder. I do design work sure and the results are cool and can be cloned to real life if one could take the time to do so, but no I am not certified in anything nor do I make money off of the design work. It's just a hobby
>>
>>1115838
please do not think for a second whatever you do in the sims can possibly have any bearing or relevance in any real projects, no offence, but the sims is the sims and nothing more
>>
>>1115839
fuck dude, the man said he was using it as a visualiasation tool, not basing blueprints on it. Be a whole lot of people actually interested in an easy-to-use drag-n-drop 3d prog for this and a thousand other reasons, none of them are (eays to uise) though.

And in slightly related news; SKETCHUP HASNT BEEN OWNED BY GOOGLE FOR HALF A DECADE NOW - thank you for your attention.
>>
>>1115857
>google sketchup
Sorry I wasnt clear. If I could blueprint of it would be great. Or at least give me a really good idea as the house is 40 years old so being exact would be impossible.
>>
Have you ever seen Fixer Upper on TV?
The wife uses Sketchup for the design stuff.

Its not 3d realistic but does the job as far as blueprints go.
>>
>>1115754
Revit is what we use at or firm

But sketchup if you wannt free.
>>
File: ac18-box.jpg (394KB, 940x940px) Image search: [Google]
ac18-box.jpg
394KB, 940x940px
>>1115754
ArchiCAD, Revit, Allplan, AutoCAD etc. (any BIM software)

although I would recommend you hire a professional, since the software has a learning curve.
>>
Is sketchup better than freecad?
>>
>>1115754
Use revit or arhicad you get flor plan's plus 3d models from it
>>
Revit or ArchiCAD are like trying to kill a gnat with a rocket launcher for what you want to do. AutoCAD LT will probably do exactly what you need. Again, like others have said, you may want to consult a professional since you are talking additions and blueprints.
>>
>>1117326
>since the software has a learning curve.
And is also usually expensive as fuck.
>>
>>1117326
which one of those you think is best(most intuitive?)?
Im using archicad and already did most of my house but is so fucking hard its unreasonable
>>
>>1115754
Revit is a good option

I've used Fusion 360 for floor planning before but its better for 3D modeling smalls
>>
i've been trying to casually work out a room remodel and sketchup is such a pain to use. it can't even show you the dimensions of a simple object, things keep merging, it has layers but they're mostly a joke...
>>
>>1121354
>it can't even show you the dimensions of a simple object, things keep merging
How do you mean?
>>
>>1121354

What? Do you know how to use components and groups?
>>
>>1115754
Sims 4
50 dollru
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.