[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ I come to you seeking guidance on some entry level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0276.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0276.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hello /diy/

I come to you seeking guidance on some entry level electronics. Basically, I need to connect the two prongs into that black plastic adapter. They clearly don't fit so from what I understand I have to perform something called "splicing"

While the average person can probably just google this and do it within a few minutes, i am beyond retarded when it comes to trivial tasks like these - so any practical guidance would be appreciated
>>
File: IMG_0278.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0278.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Backside of the black plastic housing
>>
>>1114054
>While the average person can probably just google this and do it within a few minutes, i am beyond retarded when it comes to trivial tasks like these - so any practical guidance would be appreciated

put some goddamn effort into it and someone here will correct you. until then, fuck off.
>>
>>1114054
Cut the ends and then melt a cap from a soda bottle onto them
>>
>>1114063
I don't think you understand

I spent $80 on a soldering kit to solder the two ends together but it ended up just destroying it, so I had to re-order a new OEM pigtail bracket and also a new master cylinder adapter

I went ahead and removed the two pigtails from the black plastic housing and tried to just use electric tape and crimp the two ends together, but that also didn't work, and I don't feel like destroying this again
>>
>>1114066
That is an extremely easy solder job to do

Watch a tutorial or two on inline splicing.
But some heat shrink, solder the shit together. If you are really that much of a tard, practice on some other wires you have laying around first
>>
http://www.knowyourparts.com/technical-articles/hand-wire-splicing-technique/

in this page they dont use solder, but you should if it's gonna be used in something that vibrates, like a car.
>>
File: IMG_0280.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0280.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Holy ducking shit I did it , it's working. Lineman splicing did the trick . Thx lads
>>
>>1114083
You better solder and heatshrink that or it wont be working for long.
>>
File: IMG_0281.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>1114086
I think it's solid mate, I wrapped it up real good
>>
>>1114087
Im guessing this whole thread is a troll thread
Nobody can be this fucking retarded
>>
>>1114090
No, it's not a troll thread. What did I do wrong?
>>
>>1114091
electrical tape breaks down
If it just sits, 2 months from now youll have unwrapping tape that leaves nasty disgusting residue everywhere.

If you actually ride it, ill fall off within a week.

Let me reiterate
>You better solder and heatshrink that or it wont be working for long.
>>
>>1114087
No, weather and vibrations will war your connection out. If you don't want to solder it, heat shrink and glue the ends at least to protect it.
>>
>>1114086
Lol

Listen to this anon, or your going to be doing this again.
>>
>>1114087
Motorcycles vibrate a lot. Also, every time you turn it will slightly weaken the connection.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.