[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beard grooming help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 14843090122811949708887.jpg (548KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
14843090122811949708887.jpg
548KB, 2592x1944px
Hello /diy/, so i was having this idea to start grooming my beard from 0 by myself, but I have no idea how to do it; have you got any good tip on how to start beard grooming in a not too much time-money wasting way? Also feel free to say your opinion if i should start giving it a form or cut it and wait it to grow more
>>
fucking cut some hair off it'll grow back who cares there aren't any laws about it
>>
File: 14843095729371855516552.jpg (611KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
14843095729371855516552.jpg
611KB, 2592x1944px
>>1114007
Yeah but I'd like to give it a good looking form and make a good beard, instead of being simply hair that grows on my face
>>
>>1114011
>>1114005
You clearly dont have the genes to grow a good beard
You know but just wont admit it. There is no dolling up that will change it

Shave it, you look scummy
>>
>>1114011
You need to work out what looks good for yourself, just like the rest of us. I have never once had to ask someone "does my beard look good" and frankly, I have zero fucks to give what other people think of it or not anyway.
>>
>>>/adv/ you vapid fuck.
>>
>>1114016
I want to do it myself, so this board is good as well... A good advice could be "go to a barber" that's not doing it yourself.
>>1114015
But how do I find what looks good on me? How did you discover what shape to give to your beard?
>>
>>1114005
you look like someone glued pubes to their face.

just shave. you aren't meant to have a beard
>>
>>1114005
It's not really long enough to do much with yet. Basic non-hobo beard grooming tips:

Use a very sharp pair of scissors to trim out of place hairs and split ends. There are always several that grow longer faster than the rest. You want to do this with dry hair because you misjudge when you cut wet.

Every day when you shower, use shampoo and conditioner, just as with your head hair. Fully rinse the conditioner out.

After fully drying your beard, comb with a boar bristle brush and apply a little bit of beard oil to your hands and work it into the hair. Comb again if you want. This is especially important in the winter to prevent scratchy hobo beard that women hate.

This is I took a shower and brushed my teeth today kinda shit, but whatever.
>>
>>1114025
>Use a very sharp pair of scissors to trim out of place hairs and split ends. There are always several that grow longer faster than the rest. You want to do this with dry hair because you misjudge when you cut wet.
>Every day when you shower, use shampoo and conditioner, just as with your head hair. Fully rinse the conditioner out.
>After fully drying your beard, comb with a boar bristle brush and apply a little bit of beard oil to your hands and work it into the hair. Comb again if you want. This is especially important in the winter to prevent scratchy hobo beard that women hate.

will definely try this asap, thanks bud
>>
>>1114005
Kek. Shave those pubes off bro. Also drop the ear ring.
>>
>>1114005
you can grow a beard, it just comes down to how long you can wait it out, ive had a beard for years and it takes a low of growing to fill in the patches where hair doesnt grow. You just need to grow out your moustache sides and bottom lip hair in particular, dont trim this area at all. From time to time trim the weight off the sides but thats it.
>>
>natural separation from mustache, soul patch, and chin
My unprofessional advice:
Cut the side burns back to your ear. You'll need to gauge how high.
Electric beard trimmer from Walmart (cheapest with an adjustable or swappable guard) the rest pretty short but not short enough to see skin through the hair. Make it all an even cut ( you don't have the density to go with faded cuts.)
Get a soft bristled comb. Comb remaining hair as a fidget (ie often throughout the day.) The goal is to hopefully train those pubes straight.
Wash it the same as your head, daily.
Find a beard balm or oil that smells good to you and use it after every shampoo.

I have a denser finer beard then you but it grows like pubes if I don't train it as it grows.
>>
>>1114106
Meant to say, I think you'd look better with a goatee than a full beard.
>>
>>1114011
That's not a beard. That's post pubescent ass Pune.

Not much you can do to groom that because it's patchy, uneven growth and like straw. You could continue to grow it out but people with a keen eye might just think you're unkempt.
>>
OP here, i have no time to read and answer properly to everything right now, but I'll come back tomorrow and will answer to the constructive comments and will post results asap
>>
>>1114011
Never call that a beard, ever again. Please for the public that has to look at you, shave that mexi shit.
>>
>>1114005

You need to occasionally groom it. Buy a grooming kit and trim it from time to time.

Condition it in the shower occasionally.

brush it after you get out of the shower, always away from the nose.

Your beard looks like shit, but if you change what you are doing it will look good. Also shave the neck.
>>
>>1114005

Here check out the Hobo Beard Guru and Sultan of Silver, everything and I mean everything you want to know about beards he will advise you, plus a lot of other crap about being a man, watch out he posts a lot

https://youtu.be/F2qfvO_67sY
>>
>>1114045
>shampoo and condition every day.

Don't do this. It'll fuck your beard hair up. There's a reason beard wash exists. Find one and use it. I'd advise just rinsing with water, and washing every 3rd or 4th time you shower. A good beard oil or balm will do you well after each shower.

Also, any product that claims it will make your beard grow thicker and faster, is just someone trying to sell snake oil. They are basically a men's multi vitamin rebranded.

Mostly, genetics and patience is what you need.
>>
>>1114100
I suppose I have to wait to have a full unpatchy beard, as i grew this one from november (well, i actually tried to trim it but i didn't know how to do it so probably i just did something bad) so you say i should just trim the sides and let it grow to the bottom (again, not now that is unpatchy etc...)?
>>
>>1114106
>>1114107
>Meant to say, I think you'd look better with a goatee than a full beard.
probably i'll cut this way, as my actual goal is to practice the trim for when my beard will be full. There is just a problem now, how do i give a shape to my moustache? As you can see in pic, they often goes on my lips, and it's kinda annoying; should i use wax on them? or maybe cut them just above lips in order to not letting them fall down?
>>
>>1114113
yes i know it's not a full beard, i just let it grow since november and being it winter i preferred to keep it as protection against cold weather. Anyway i thought that it was time to cut it, and i wanted to try to do something good looking to it, just to practice. Probably i'll end cutting it all as the result will be shit, but i'll share results
>>
>>1114131
I get the impression youre generally just a waste of a person.
>>
>>1114421
I already have an electric razor to trim, but i don't know how to use it correctly. For the grooming kit you mean the beard oils and balms? I'll shave the neck but i have to figure out at which height.
>>1114431
I'll watch some tutorials, thanks for the tip
>>1114453
with beard wash you mean a beard shampoo? i'll look for one next time i go to the market. Also why a normal shampoo isn't good?
>>
>>1114495
>I'll watch some tutorials, thanks for the tip
Why the fuck did this not occur to you before you came here?

Fucks sake man, I grew up without a father and with two sisters and I still worked out how to trim my shit. How much of a fleshwaste are you anon?
>>
>>1114495
>Also why a normal shampoo isn't good?
I don't know, why don't you demonstrate you are actually capable of some level of independent thought, and go google "difference between hair and beard shampoo". Do we need to come and trim it for you as well?
>>
>>1114453
There's a reason beard wash exists; to sell you more crap that makes you looks like a greaseball and waste your money. Haven't used shampoo conditioner or soap when showering in 3 plus years, it's a waste of money, your body has natural oils that keep it clean
>>
>>1114005
i am puking now
>>
>>1114005

One word: Zippo.
>>
>>1114005
The color of your shirt made me think this was a pic of an Asian girl's bush.
You can imagine my disappointment when I realized it was not a picture of an Asian girl's bush, but a picture of your fucking face.
This thread belongs in /soc/, or the garbage.
>>
>>1114533
Whatever you say, stinky.
>>
>>1114005

Shave that shit off and keep shaving until your facial hair actually finishes growing in. Nothing will make that look good until then. If nothing else, shave the mustache. Getting rid of it will instantly improve your look from filthy to just unkept
>>
File: 1484431031284-1011508880.jpg (1MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1484431031284-1011508880.jpg
1MB, 4096x2304px
So this is the final result, I tried to trim as good as I could, didn't put too much effort desu.
>>
>>1114770
You are shit and it looks like shit.
>>
>>1114770
>didn't put too much effort

Obvious
>>
>>1114770
How old are you, op? Not everybody grows a beard early on.
>>
>>>/fa/
>>>/adv/
>>>/soc/
>>
Anyone under the age of 30 with a beard is a feminine nu-male.

Probably never since had a callous.
>>
>>1115059
Look at
>>1114022
>>
>>1115053
I'm 20
>>
>>1115073
You are a tremendous faggot who has never set foot in a metal shop and probably holds hammers backwards.
>>
>>1115147
You might have to wait a while for it to come in properly, mine was pretty full at 17 or 18 years old but all the men on my mom's side are that way because they're half Lebanese

Give it time
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.