[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

wallbed project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: WallBed.png (4MB, 2250x1264px) Image search: [Google]
WallBed.png
4MB, 2250x1264px
Hello /diy,

I am making a wallbed (pic related) and it is for my condominium which is roughly 535 sq ft.

I want to make this thing because as of right now, I only have a studio style kitchen/living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. I want to put this thing in my bedroom so that I can then convert it into a living room when necessary. Essentially adding a room to my condo.

My problem though, is that I want to have a couch sectional attached that can be used when the bed is in the stored position. While I have the knowledge of professional cabinet assembly and access to expensive CNC machinery that I can program, I don't know how to build a couch, and much less, the upholstering that is involved. Is there a book that any of you could recommend that may be useful to me? I recognize that furniture building is an art, especially couches, but I do believe I am up to the challenge. I've made it this far.

Any other tips or constructive criticism is appreciated and I will give more details of the condo if necessary.
>>
File: isosectionview.png (653KB, 3840x2111px) Image search: [Google]
isosectionview.png
653KB, 3840x2111px
I modeled the room to give some extra clarity and to show how the wall bed would fit.
>>
File: topview.png (382KB, 3840x2111px) Image search: [Google]
topview.png
382KB, 3840x2111px
Top view.
>>
Your wallbed is called a Murphy Bed.

Couch making.... build a frame. Use s spings and clips to build the seating suspension. ( buy online from an upholstery supply shop. )
Upholster the frame. Buy or have pillows and cushions made.
>>
There's also a non-terrible bed/couch combo called a futon. Or start sleeping in a hammock.
>>
>>1114880
I'm a woodworker with access to a $300k CNC router that I can program, i ain't sleeping in a damn hammock lol
>>
>>1113924
Couldn't find anything but glorified commercials.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqh93bWxYHY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNBvvMYLr8
Looks a lot like the frame of a bed.
>>
Here is my extremely well thought-out contribution.. Enjoy.
>>
File: 20170114_230122[1].jpg (521KB, 2048x1536px)
20170114_230122[1].jpg
521KB, 2048x1536px
>>1114997
Phone went into australia mode for a while.
>>
>>1114880
You ever tried sleeping a full night in a hammock? Get fucked.
>>
Did you think about dimensions of mattress?
>>
>>1115243
Eat my ass, negative nancy. You're not even OP, and it's a legitimate solution.
>>
>>1115276
Of course. I designed this model to fit a queen size mattress. I have yet to figure out the demensions/location for the spring mechanism though because it's impossible to find that information without buying the damn thing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.