[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ikea fuck up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: shit.png (250KB, 1188x1004px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
250KB, 1188x1004px
So I made a stupid decision and bought this tv mount bracket that screws into an ikea tv center. The problem? The tv center has this black glass top panel, which covers up where the mount has to go (I colored in the glass on the instructions). It's tempered, so there isn't a way to cut it. Any hack ideas to salvage this thing? The best answer is probably "package it up, take it back to ikea and go get a real wall mount" but ikea is an hour away.

Can't find any mention on the website/instructions/store that the two were incompatible.
>>
>>1113910
It might be an error on the piece in question. It happens all the time. Go early on a Tuesday or prepare to wait for ever.

>t. used to work at that shithole
>>
File: file.png (617KB, 2021x1099px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
617KB, 2021x1099px
>>1113911
If it's an error, it has to be with the design of the glass panel not having a hole where it should have for cable/tv mount. See pic.

I realized that it covered up the spot for cables, but I didn't think about the mount.
>>
>>1113910
'ave you got the right panel for the TV unit?

>http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/shelving-units-systems/best%C3%A5-top-panel-for-tv-glass-black-art-00295304/

that (abnve link and pic) appears to have a cutout (whereas, your pic dont - ?) - Im on Bong IKEA, but, product numbers should match - dunno, you maybe just have 'a shelf' there, and not the 'TV top shelf' (with cutout) you need?
>>
>>1113917
Goddamn it. I knew it was my fault somehow. Thanks anon. Now I know the solution.
>>
>>1113919
np - you just knew, the solution was gonna involve IKEA returns counter at some stage.. good journey ;)
>>
>>1113919

It's always possible to use a diamond wheel and dremmel to make a cutout. But I'd try for an exchange first.
If you do use the wheel, use tape to mark for the cut and keep it wet to avoid glass dust. also wear mask and eye protection. I'm stupid and nearly wore part of a grinding wheel as a hat.
>>
>>1114081
I don't care what you say, cutting glass ALWAYS sucks.
>>
>>1114081

You left out the step where you have to remove the temper from the glass in your fuck huge high temperature oven.
>>
>>1114081
Furniture glass is always tempered

It will shatter in a million pieces
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.