[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fix my toilet /diy/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

So my friends messed with my toilet and I have no idea what to do. The tube is disconnected, and I have no idea where this metal thingy goes.

I don't want to call my landlord to fix it. Please help.
>>
>>1113667
Looks like you are in shitty situation. Post photo little bit more far so we can see the whole construction.
>>
>>
Water comes out of the red circle when I activate the valve. Then it just doesn't stop, i'm guessing the tube is supposed to be plugged to it but I don't know what to plug it to
>>
>>1113676
It looks like there should be float connected to the blue marked part. Is it broken off/moving? I'm not toilet technician, in my part of the world toilet valves looks completely different
>>
>So my friends messed with my toilet
>It looks like there should be float connected to the blue marked part.
OP, you know the answer to this question.
>>
It looks like you just knocked that chain off the handle rod.

is that chain thats on the bottom of the tank connected to anything?

it should be connected to the plug and to the handle rod that you press to flush the toilet

i was a plumber's apprentice
>my dad was a plumber
>>
>>1113687

Yea the chain is another issue, but I know how to fix that. It's the tube I have no idea how to connect to the white thing
>>
if you push the little pin in the metal thing, will the water stop flowing?
>>
>>1113693
can we get a picture of the tube and metal thingy that have been disconnected as stated in your original post?
>>
File: hmm.png (8KB, 344x341px)
hmm.png
8KB, 344x341px
>>1113667
The stupidity in this thread is mind boggling.

But just in case..

HOOK THE HOSE UP TO THAT PORT ON THE BOTTOM AND CLIP THE CONNECTOR SO IT FLOWS DOWN THE PIPE TO FILL TH E LOO.
>>
File: PP830-15.gif (9KB, 492x517px)
PP830-15.gif
9KB, 492x517px
>>1113693
>I have no idea how to connect to the white thing

The wide part of the stainless blade goes inside the overflow tube (vertical pipe)
The finger on the back goes on the outside of the overflow tube
The hose will be vertical and spray into the overflow tube to rinse and fill the bowl while the tank is filling.
>>
File: 1483127554176.gif (2MB, 311x260px)
1483127554176.gif
2MB, 311x260px
>>1113667
Is that electrical tape?

Hook the chain to the lever and >>1113764 & >>1113775 Use paper clips or coat hanger wire if you must (they will rust eventually.)
>>
>>1113775
OP here

Thanks, the things is now set up like it's supposed to be.

The only probleme now is that the water is still flowing inside the tank without ever stopping.

It's like the pressing plate (Near the A on your schematics) isn't working.
>>
>>1113815
You have a floatless ballcock valve in your toilet tank. They basically sense the water level via pressure while being completely submerged. See that white plastic turn-screw on top of the valve assembly in the top left corner of your photos? That is the water level adjustment valve. Turn it counter-clockwise to lower the tank's fill level. Turn it clockwise to raise it. If you've turned it all the way counter-clockwise, and the valve still won't shut off you need to go buy a new one. They do fail sometimes.
>>
Anyway, out of curiosity, OP: are your friends teenagers, or did they get caught using the toilet when it broke and were desperately trying to fix it so they could flush a huge turd without anyone else seeing it? I've found that to be the case with most inept toilet fixes. People panic and start messing with everything out of fear of turd-shaming.
>>
>>1113667
the chain gets attached to the rubber black circle. youre missing something that squirts the water into the pipe. and the end of the black hose gets put on top of a plastic circle thats usually black. so youre missing two things. look up the inside of a toilet on google.
>>
>>1113667
youre missing a float cup and a hose clip or clamp. the float cup makes the water stop running. older toilets have a huge floatie.
>>
>>1113667
>>1113676
>>1113682

Plumber here

This thread gave me a giggle
>>
>>1113848
>fear of turd-shaming

This is 4chan. More likely turn pride here. Photos posted, etc.
>>
>>1114151

I had a two footer today. It was coiled up in the bowl like a python.
I was so disappointed that my phone was in the car and I was in a hurry.
I really wanted to save a pic of that beauty.
>>
>>1113892
Then help jackass
>>
>>1113667

Connect one end to the circled red, other end clips and fills in the center fill tube... Jesus
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.