[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QUESTION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170112_203548.jpg (320KB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170112_203548.jpg
320KB, 780x1040px
I bought a headphone/speaker amplifier but my speakers are connected through rca into the right channel and then a connection from the right speaker to the left speaker. Is there a way of connecting the connector for the left speaker into a rca cable so i can plug it into the left channel of the amp output. (pic related)
>>
Your question is highly confusing. I believe you are asking how to hook the speaker shown up to an externally powered input bypassing the internal amplifier. Correct?
>>
File: AI-101DA (S) Rear.jpg (2MB, 3746x1122px) Image search: [Google]
AI-101DA (S) Rear.jpg
2MB, 3746x1122px
I'm sorry if i'm not clear.
I need an rca input for my left speaker just like the input cables that are plugged into the shown right speaker in the picture.
My question is how I can connect the wires plugged into the right speaker to rca plugs so i can connect them to my amp.
>>
>>1113643
You just want to know how to put an RCA end on speaker wire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIPVIvy4ckU
>>
>>1113640
>ay, hol up -
still confused what you are (trying) to do and why, but..
your speakers are active, that right (pictured) is the master, it has the amplifier built-in. The RCA cable input is an unamplified signal from your source. The cable linking the right-to-left speakers (the 'speaker wire' output) is AN AMPLIFIED SIGNAL, you cannot connect this speaker directly to a source (RCA plugs) as there is no amplifier in this speaker - it is taking the amplified signal from the amplifier in the right speaker, pictured.

Basically, whatever you are doiong, dont. Leastways, not as far as i can grasp - again, your RIGHT speaker is ACTIVE, has an INBUILT AMP, needs an unamplified input (from RCA). your LEFT speaker is PASSIVE, it needs an amplified signal, which it gets from your right speaker - connecting the LEFT speaker to anything other this output from right speaker, or another amplifiers speaker output (not RCA) WILL NOT WORK.
>>
>>1113640
>>1113643

the more times you read these posts, the less sense they make.
>>
>>1113660
>Ive read it again, and..

Think he just wants to connect his existing speakers to his new amp, and all this RCA stuff be a red herring. Problem, as said, one of the speakers is active, one is passive.

OP, youd be better of with a pair of passive speakers if you want to use them with that amp, or, you'd need to bypass the inbuilt amp on that right speaker altogether.. If you want to connect the left speaker to the left output of the amp? You can do it, disconnect the cable from the right speaker, connect it to the amp outputs (you do not need connectors, those are terminal (bare wire) or bananna connectors, not RCA) - NOTE YOU CANNOT DO WITH THIS THE RIGHT SPEAKER, IT IS ACTIVE; HAS AN AMPLIFIER BUILT IN. Youd need to take that apart to bypass the amp wiring. And if only left connected to amp, amp volume control only gonna work on left.

Passive speakers+amplifier (no RCA) = all good.
Active speakers+amplifier (no RCA) = problem (too many amps).

and if that all aint what you trying to do, well hell, I gave it my best shot, Im done now.
>>
>>1113640

get an extra set of cables and splice them together.
>>
>>1113640
>>1113683
>>1113654

I think OP will be OK if he just takes the RCA to miniphone or 1/4" jack and plugs it into the headphone out of his amp.

But OP, in no way should you attempt to hook these speakers up to the R and L connection on the back of your amp, you will likely blow one or both of the speakers and probably fry the built in amp in the R speaker
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.