[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TV Signal jamming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170107_155436.jpg (747KB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_155436.jpg
747KB, 2064x1161px
I am trying to build a device to jam terrestrial TV signal with in a 10 meter/33 foot range specifically these frequencies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_and_New_Zealand_television_frequencies#AU_.26_NZ_PAL_.26_DTV_Allocation

Firstly I thought about using a programmable UHF radio to broadcast over the signal but as far as I know they cannot be tuned into the same frequencies TVs use.

I built the device in the picture with a 7404 TTL Hex Inverter IC, a 60 - 160pF tuning capacitor and a 9v power source but it only works on FM radio.

Finally I tried using a masthead amplifier connected to my roof antenna on the input and connected an indoor antenna on the output and turned the UHF and VHF gain up to max as far as I can tell this does absolutely nothing.

So my questions are, is it even possible without high tech expensive equipment and does anyone know of a better method I could try?
>>
Just like to add a correction, the 7404 chip does work it's just really weak and my TVs tuner seems to filter out the noise after a second so I have to keep readjusting the the tuning capacitor.

Is power the only way to ramp it up?
>>
>>1113427
this shit will jam a lot more then just the TV, the resulting signal is full of harmonics.
Also, as you have found out - it's very weak.

You'll be better off looking at ebay/aliexpress and buying yourself either a purpose-built jammer or a programmable RF module that can tune to the desired frequency.

Last but not least - this shit is probably illegal even in NZ, if you get reported and found, expect a hefty fine.
>>
Breadboards and v/uhf is a bad idea.

One channel is plausible but all of them would be a lot harder.
>>
>>1113461
I want to avoid buying a jammer on ebay just because of the risk of it getting confiscated before I even receive it.

One last thing I tried is running the 7404 through the masthead amplifier to see what it does. It had a much greater affect on FM radio(My radio started screeching instead of just distorting) but the affect on UHF/VHF TV was unnoticeable I'll look into buying an RF module.

>>1113490
Would the breadboard be having an affect on performance? Once I get something working I'll build it in a PVC box with a perf board. I'm happy with just blocking one channel at a time.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>1113713
>Would the breadboard be having an affect on performance?

You can't expect to transfer anything vhf or up RF from a breadboard to another board without redesigning it due to stray capacitance / inductance.

I'd be going for a white noise generator into a fm oscillator followed by a frequency multiplier stage.

Once built a transmitter for vhf high band like that it was fairly stable. I wasn't trying to jam stuff though.
>>
You could try not doing it and not going to jail.
>>
File: 72341241.jpg (204KB, 1901x973px) Image search: [Google]
72341241.jpg
204KB, 1901x973px
>>1113427
Have fun going to jail. I already sent a complaint to the FCC about this thread.
>>
>>1114319
He's in NZ. They prob won't care.
>>
>>1114332
They definitely won't care. Also what is reporting the thread going to do apart from make you feel special?
>>
>>1114319
I live in Australia. Our agencies only pretend to give a shit about trivial shit like this. You can tell a detective that you pirate stuff and all they do is tell you, you should stop.
>>
>>1114351
he's shitposting
>>
>>1113427
This is illegal you fucking doornob
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.