[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BGE came through and cut down trees that were close to power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170111_160656_NoExif.jpg (3MB, 3286x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170111_160656_NoExif.jpg
3MB, 3286x2432px
BGE came through and cut down trees that were close to power lines. They left this log hanging in the air. It fully encompasses the line.

I kind of want to try to cut it down because a floating log looks like shit. I also don't want to electrocute myself. Thoughts? Is there a good way to do this?
>>
>>1113261
That is not a power line. It is on the bottom tier of the pole. It is communication line. Cable, telephone, etc. The power company would never have let it get like that if it had carried high voltage.

Do what you like. If they catch you they will ruin your life but whatever.
>>
>>1113276
Ah thanks. I know nothing about these lines.
>>
call them, tell them
>>
>>1113261
see
>>1113454

>>1113276
Incorrect.
>>
I think it looks good. They also probably won't care too much if you tell them.
>>
File: Utility.jpg (16KB, 433x340px) Image search: [Google]
Utility.jpg
16KB, 433x340px
>>1113498
> Incorrect

Utility lines (being the most potentially lethal and all) are always hung as high as possible.
>>
>>1113261
date & timestamp the pic and send it to BGE, tell them it might hit a car.
>>
Do not fuck with the line. It is not your line you autistic cretin.

Send them the pic and call it in.
>>
>>1113261
Call them and tell a supervisor the retards left a huge log on the lines. If you do not succeed, call the FD or city council and start complaining. This is why you pay taxes. Don't do it yourself because they'll fine the shit out of you if they find out.
>>
>>1113529
And the final resort is to call the local news about how BGE left a huge widow maker deathlog swinging from power lines right over a children's playground and the local government did nothing. Oh my god holy shit think of the children.
>>
>>1113525
>It is not your line you autistic cretin
no call for such harshities - man just wants to tidy up, yo. OP, post your garden pics ;)
>>
>>1113532
>call the news

In my city its the ONLY way to get shit done.

If you don't shovel your sidewalk in 24 of snowfall they send a citation, second time a summons.

Meanwhile my wheelchair bound cousin who needs 300' of public sidewalk to get to work could never get the city to shovel it even after a week of snow impeding him.

A call to the news with the recordings with the city director telling him "get a car like everyone else and stop wasting my time" got things cleared in a fucking hurry after the news played footage of his chairs wheels spinning in the packed ice and a reporter's concerned voice about the city's apparent lack of concern over its disabled citizens. Lol
>>
File: electric screwdriver.gif (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
electric screwdriver.gif
10KB, 300x300px
>>1113261

Buy a pic related dude and test the line for electricity, best to be safe
>>
>>1113276
>>1113523
>>1113529
>>1113532
Uuuh... What the fuck? Who didn't look at the (no exif) image....
>>
>>1113261
trees grow around things but its unusual for them to grow around a cable like this because they move in wind and shit.
the guy out cutting the tree would absolutely not have been equipped to deal with this situation. cutting it off without damaging the line would be extremely time consuming and difficult with a low success rate.
most likely solution to this situation is to replace the cable. there is no way they sent a tree surgeon guy with a whole roll of cable to do this. the guy just did the best he could of the situation. chances are they absolutely know about this and will deal with it.
if the added weight or just being there has damaged the cable it will cost them at least 10 times more to fix it when it breaks then deal with the consequences than to just replace the line.
go ahead and call them up to check. they know about it and it will be fixed but just don't hold your breath.
>>
>>1113261
Set it on fire.
>>
>>1113552
Supposed to shovel your own sidewalk, bro. If you're so worried about your gimpy cousin, why don't you go help him out?
>>
>>1113454
This
>>
>>1113574
Not this
>>
>>1113261
>They left this log hanging in the air.

Where? Over street? Over sidewalk? How high is it?

If it's not a hazard (too low per code), the power/phone companies leave them like that until they rot. When the tree grows around a cable, it is difficult to remove without damaging the line. So they let nature take its course.
>>
>>1113610
Are you retarded?
>>
>>1113635
Sound like a good enough solution to me.
>inb4 it melts/damages the cable
And then they have to fix it, saving OP a phone call to the news.

Alternatively, you can just pull it and say it was the wind.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.