[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to replace a loud dvr fan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 20170104_133345.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170104_133345.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Hi I got this fan that's blaring loud and would like to replace it. However I see all these fans the same size and voltage. but the amps are different. How important is that? The one I'm looking for is the xfan rdm4010b with 12v and 0.07A. But I only see ones with .06A as the closest one. Would this burn down my business?

I got one the same size and voltage but different amps at 0.10A. Can I splice the wires to the existing connector of the 0.07A without soldering?
>>
If you choose a fan with lower Amp rating it'll be fine. That's how much current the fan draws so if it's drawing less than the old one it there's no problem. Putting in one that takes more will probably cause issues.
>>
File: 20170110_102803.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_102803.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1112525
and the connector is different. can i splice this end to the new fan without soldering?
>>
>>1112527
Sure, just jam some wires in connecting the positive and ground, then hotglue it.
>>
>>1112527
what is this molex connector called and where can i get it?
>>
>>1112518

Have you considered cleaning the fan out?
>>
>>1112554
yea i tried that and even placed oil in the middle spoke, but it still sounds like a motorboat.
>>
>>1112558
i used gun oil btw
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.