[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heavy moving off truck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 01313_8EiZDiMWu1V_1200x900.jpg (57KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
01313_8EiZDiMWu1V_1200x900.jpg
57KB, 675x900px
hi guys, i thought i'd ask diy for help since im sure someone here has moved big things off a truck. im trying to buy a coin-op merry-go-round. the person said it was ~300-400lbs and 65"x60". they can load it on the truck via forklift, but i have no idea how to get it off.

any tricks/tips? some stuff i have: moving dolly, furniture dolly, an engine lift, steel truck ramps. thanks
>>
Buy some heavy duty furniture rollers and load it on top of them.

Build an a frame out of scrap lumber. A couple of two by fours with two or three two by four cross pieces will work.

Tie a piece of stout rope to it, drive off, lower it down.

Boom.
>>
>>1112331
how much risk for it to BOOM and fall off ...i think it made of fiberglass
>>
Rent a trailer as they are much lower to the ground. That way you don't have to deal with truck height.
>>
Yeah it would be best to use a trailer then use some boards to slide it off
>>
>>1112375
All these trailers have a 55 mph limit
>>
>>1112377
It doesn't matter if you aren't in California. Highway patrol doesn't enforce that anyways.
>>
>>1112379
Sadly I am..
>>
A case of beer and 6 buddies is the cheapest way. I'd personally rent a trailer and a pallet jack and have the dude put it on a pallet.
>>
>>1112331
I did this with a 320 lbs laser printer and it survived.
>>
I've lifted heavier with a come along and a tree. Drive truck under branch, attach come along, lift off vehicle, drive vehicle out, set down on ground/moving cart.
>>
>>1112326
3 or 4 non wusses could move it no problem
>>
>>1112326
Grab a friend and some of those nylon straps for moving heavy shit. Straps go under machine, you and friend on either side grab straps and lift, 150-200lbs per person is easy enough. From there obviously put it on the dolly.
>>
just find someone with a box truck with a lift gate. or a pickup with a lift gate. or drive around an industrial area until you see a truck with a lift gate. or call a used appliance place and ask who they use for deliveries
>>
>>1112377
Your point? Sounds like you'll be driving 55. Welcome to the 1980s.

That or box truck with drop gate. I had a 800lb press moved with one of these. Should work for you.
>>
Use rope dolly and ramps. Dolly under it. Tie rope to it. Slide it down the ramps, use the rope to keep it going down slow. If this doesn't work, take a trip to harbor freight they may have something that will assist for a decent price.
>>
>>1112326
Sketchy way to do it
https://youtu.be/BjksLl9xur0
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.