[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 Phase to Single Phase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1379.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1379.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm look to run a 1.5 kW motor on single phase 220V power.

I was wondering what capacitance start capacitor I would need? As well as what capacitance run capacitor?

Also if possible could someone show me a circuit diagram of how to wire it.

Thank any help would be appreciated
>>
>>1111997
>Also if possible could someone show me a circuit diagram of how to wire it.
Depends on the motor and how they have the wires labeled, if at all.
>>
File: 3phaseulatrix.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
3phaseulatrix.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
here is a of my 3 phase thing, my motor is bigger than yours but same idea
>>
I'm not sure what it is that you're asking.

That motor will need 3 phase to run.
>>
>>1112036
then how do i generate 3phase in my house using a 3phase motor and a 220v line?
>>
>>1112042
Put the three phase out of phase three times directly from the powerline running into your house.
>>
>>1112042
There are converters available, or you can build your own. anon up here posted a nice picture of one, maybe you should thank him and ask him how he did it.>>1112032
>>
File: IMG_1382.jpg (122KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1382.jpg
122KB, 640x480px
>>1112010 Here's a photo. I think I've put in into Delta configuration. Does this help
>>
>>1112032
>>1112048
Thanks. On building your own, how did you decide on capacitor size?
>>
are you only running a motor?

if thats the case you dont need any converter, you just need to start the spinning, like an old ass airplane

once the motor is has started spinning, you only need 2 phases to keep it running
>>
>>1112085
He has single phase 220V power out of his socket & he wants to run a 3 phase motor with that
>>
>>1112057
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7sgy1JR1s
>>
>>1112104
which is fine. you dont need 3 phase to run a 3 phase motor

if he was running 3phase computers or some shit then yes, proper 3phase might be advised

to only run a motor, you dont need 3phase. with my "phase generator" i run a 3phase motor off of normal 220v, the 3 phase motor then generates the third phase which i use to power something else that needs 3phase
>>
Quick Google search showed similar stuff :

https://www.theautomationstore.com/3-phase-electrical-power-from-single-phase/
>>
You can use a VFD to control the motor and convert single to three phase. Bonus is variable speed and reverse capability is maintained which is why many machines use three phase motors.

http://wiki.vintagemachinery.org/VFD%20Frequent%20Questions.ashx
>>
File: 1479271161604.gif (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479271161604.gif
2MB, 600x600px
>>1112373
>took this many posts
>>
On the subject.

I can get a 1.5hp electric motor 4 free. Only problem is it has a snapped shaft.

It only ran 12 hours, but was installed incorrectly(no spacer) so the shaft snapped.

It's snapped off flush to the face(no stub).

They're just throwing the motor out($1000 motor, intrinsically safe, etc).

Is it worth getting and replacing the shaft?

It's 3 phase so I'd have to buy a VFD as well.

Neat to build a lathe/mill with it. Just not sure how difficult/worthwhile it would be to reshaft(typically on bigger motors?).
>>
>>1112417
a 1.5 HP 3ph motor is pretty small and reshafting (I've never heard of anyone doing this) would probably be close to the retail price of a new motor
>>
File: jgNM67q.jpg (784KB, 3263x1835px) Image search: [Google]
jgNM67q.jpg
784KB, 3263x1835px
>>1112440
what I figured.

From what I gathered you only reshaft big motors, since they're worth the money to fix.

Then it needs to be rebalanced, etc.

Pushing the shaft out of the bearings is supposed to be bree difficult.

Was just wondering if it was worth taking home and if it had any possible use.
>>
>>1112445
if whats left is still straight ( i doubt it if there was so much lopsided force that the shaft broke ) i guess you could face off whats left, put in a thread (opp dir of rotation, or keyway or something) , and use a bolt & pulley.
>>
>>1112417
anon, that is a fuckhuge 1.5 hp motor, unless the scale is way, way off. Are you sure it is not a 15hp? $1000 is also a shitload of money for a 1.5 hp motor intrinsically safe or not.
>>
>>1112445
If that thing was only putting out 1.5 HP, you probably have a different problem.
>>
>>1112687
>>1112581
>>1112581
That's not the motor. That was just an example of a 'big motor' worth Reshafting.

That's a motor from a Rock Crusher, 4 inch shaft, looks 250-300hp.

>>1112581
$1000 being a lot for intrinsically safe piece of equipment? Whew have you seen the prices for shit out of the catalog?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.