[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wood table

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: glasstankTable.png (22KB, 1126x724px) Image search: [Google]
glasstankTable.png
22KB, 1126x724px
Okay I'm building a little wood table. 30 inches tall, a span of 4 feet. the aprons are 3 inches tall. I don't intend on filling the glass tank with water, but lets assume the tank will be filled with water for maximum potential weight we have 417 pounds of weight, including the glass of the tank itself so lets assume an easy 450lbs.

I'm worried about the "tipping" factor with the table on the left in the picture. it tipping forwards or backwards because the span on the outside corners of the legs are only 12 inches.

the picture on the right, it is longer by being 16 inches.

I tried to search the internet for aquarium stands DIY'd but lots of them look really over engineered as hell. and very bulky.

I just have a dog and cats and I don't want them running into the legs and causing a possible tip. [again not filling it with water, so its gonna be much lighter then 450lbs]

would you all say the smaller one was okay/better to go with?
>>
>>1111312
at least double or triple the leg thickness and do a frame near the bottom or middle for stiffness
>>
>>1111314
Frame around where? the shorter side? or the long side?
>>
File: FishtankTableupdated.png (22KB, 1126x724px) Image search: [Google]
FishtankTableupdated.png
22KB, 1126x724px
like this?
>>
>>1111316
yes and across the middle too but dont go into the leg cross section

also the apron should be thicker and taller for the weight, double is good
>>
>>1111312
Wood table?
Make it out of cardboard and hot glue, loser.
>>
also a middle apron that runs in the middle

like along the center of the top
>>
>>1111312

Bolt it to some thin board with a rug over it?
>>
File: fishtankturnedworkbench.png (20KB, 1126x724px) Image search: [Google]
fishtankturnedworkbench.png
20KB, 1126x724px
>>1111320
>>1111318
did what you said fully...

looks like utter garbage now.
>>
>>1111325
then cover the whole thing in panels on all sides to make it look good
>>
>>1111326
... no cause that is what I was avoiding to begin with. it looks too bulky that way, and the room its going in is small with limited space, with a big ol wooden box will just be an eye sore that's why I wanted it to look more like a traditional table.
>>
>>1111328
go ahead and build it like your drawing I would like to watch it collapse and shard your dog right open
>>
>>1111329
>tempered glass
>sharding.
okay, well clearly the dingus answering my original question has the mental ability that of a 15 year old highschool girl.
>>
>>1111325
How about instead of two long front and back of the table, how about 1 down the middle attached to the center of the two outer supports
>>
>>1111335
Enjoy your ban. And do everyone a favor and don't come back.
>>
>>1111337
clearly he was right, stay mad
>>
>>1111331
you are trying to reinvent a fucking box, talk about mental ability
>>
File: 1477160444919.png (5KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1477160444919.png
5KB, 275x275px
>>1111319
Stop spamming about your shitty cardboard furniture you douche-hammer
>>
>>1111312
Your table is not going to be stable with that much weight. It will need a strecher

You can do one by making a shelf about halfway up.
>>
>>1111325
That's why woodworking is a thing, its not easy to make delicate furniture.
>>
>twice as tall as it is wide.
>with most of the weight even higher than that
>and dogs are going to ram it
>and I don't want to have anything but thin legs
just save everyone some time and throw your aquariums on the ground
>>
Well with a fresh brain and not being happy with the tippy factor of the table. I'm still not commited. So I went and took the leg height and divided it by 1.618 an got 18.5 inches. So now im playing with having a 18.5 inch top.
>>
File: FishtankTable.png (17KB, 1126x724px) Image search: [Google]
FishtankTable.png
17KB, 1126x724px
Well I think this looks mucho better. Still unsure about the stability though but I did add bracing to the lower legs.
>>
>>1111568
Put a lower shelf on, and place a refugum or sump on it, or a quarantine tank.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.