[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What cordless tools does /diy/ use? Just got this Hilti 22v set

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: ok805_sid22a.jpg (19KB, 346x515px) Image search: [Google]
ok805_sid22a.jpg
19KB, 346x515px
What cordless tools does /diy/ use? Just got this Hilti 22v set and couldn't be happier. Came with the brushless impact driver and brushless hammerdrill/drill/driver. Two 5.2Ah batteries as well. Only con is how heavy they are.

I'm an electrician for a solar company btw. Serves my needs beautifully.
>>
File: 64984_2453-20b-lg[1].jpg (131KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
64984_2453-20b-lg[1].jpg
131KB, 520x520px
>>1111186
My company uses Milwaukee power tools, including the M12 Impacts that they issue to each of us. We have some Hilti Rotary Hammers as well. At home I have DeWalt 20Vs: 3 Speed Drill and Reciprocating Saw (what sucks is that I was given them used...and all they gave me was a car charger; not sure if I should buy the wall charger for $60).
>>
i'm bound by contract to only use DeWalt
>>
>>1111205
Oh look, its a youtuber
>>
>>1111207
nope just a poor farmer. they make good tools and by signing a contract and throwing a few of their stickers on my equipment i get 40% off. only catch is i can't own cordless or corded tools for other companies.
>>
>>1111202
12v power supplies are easy to find, just go to your local thift shop and find a brick.
Gamecube or wii power supplies are like 3 amps, solder a lighter socket on the end and bam.
>>
>>1111202
My company uses Milwaukee too. I actually have the 3/8" impact wrench for sinking lag bolts. I just liked the Hilti combo better than the Milwaukee.
>>
>>1111218
You have to use a lithium-ion charger. Unbalanced charging of lithium batteries can cause one or more cells to explode.
>>
>>1111219
You really can't go wrong with either brand. I had a chance to try a Hilti impact driver at a Hilti DC, they had a fancy demo, and it seemingly worked better than my Milwaukee (although I'm skeptical about an in-store demo that might be rigged to make their tools feel better).
>>
>>1111225
No I can confirm they are better. In pretty much every aspect.
>>
>>1111220
He's converting the wall juice to what the car charger expects, a 12v source.
>>
All of my cordless tools are milwaukee. It's easier to just have a single system, even if I liked different tools of other brands better.

You really can't buy bad cordless anymore. Even the newer lithium ryobi tools are better than the older top of the line brands without lithiums.

Another anon was saying that most of the major brands share parts, even if they have different parent companies, so you're essentially just choosing the color of the tool more than anything else.
>>
>>1111214
>farmer
how is it even enforced, do they monitor you 24/7 or what
>>
>>1111220
uh what. he needs a non car power source for his charger not a charger itself.

>>1111202
go on amazon or to autozone and get a female cig socket and a 12v wall wart or little 12v bench supply like anon said. look at the charger for the required amperage and get that or greater. snip off the connector of the wall wart and solder or crimp it to the female socket leads. viola.
>>
>>1111311
*wah lah
>>
>>1111282
>can't buy bad cordless anymore

You shittin me? Literally black and decker.
>>
>>1111214
I smell bullshit.

>>1111186
Hilti are behind by a country mile compared to Makita, Milwaukee and DeWalt. They are only just now using brushless motors and adding functionality other manufacturers have standardised years ago. And yeah, they're fucking heavy. Not all that ergonomic. Bulky. They're fleet tools and that's why companies often use Hilti over sole traders. They can rent tools and batches of items with instant failure or theft replacement.

>>1111237
Not really. I'll give it that their breakers and rotary hammers are better than any other brand I've used but everything else is okay, certainly nothing to brag about.

>>1111282
Not true. I've used a decent amount of lithium powered shit in the past few years. Ironically I wouldn't touch ryobi if they gave it to me for nothing. Weekend warrior tier.
>>
>>1111202
Just buy a used charger in good condition off Ebay.
>>
>>1111282
>ryobi
My old Makita 14.4V NiMh drill and impact driver are far better than anything ryobi makes
>>
>>1111306
their rep comes out every few months or so. usually throws me a free battery and lets me test out anything new they have. suppose i could always just hide other tools but really why would i want to buy anything else when i already get 40% off?
>>
>>1111377
Black & Decker is Fisher Price quality whether it's battery or cordless.
>>
>>1111438
Home Depot wage slave here, Hilti tools are just built to a higher level of quality.

we sell the usual stuff in store but have higher end Hilti tools in our rental shops and you can just feel the difference when you pick them up. they might not have the latest gimmicks or absolute raw power levels but Hilti tools are tough and reliable. our Hilti fleet tools last forever and are beat to shit by ignorant customers all the time and they are back to new after a quick wipe down. the only other brand that comes close is the high end Makita stuff that costs twice as much as what you can buy in stores and most customers would rarely ever need.
>>
>>1111773
>high end Makita stuff that costs twice as much as what you can buy in stores and most customers would rarely ever need.
heh, i heard that, hell i use a drill so infrequently that it makes more sense to own a $50 corded drill, no point in buying batteries i'll never use

hell most jobs i use a hand powered drill and a screw driver, the only thing i need to do to that thing is 2-3 drops of oil once a year and tighten the main crank screw on it once in a while

if i ever have the money to buy good power tools, chances are i won't have time to use them
>>
>>1111773

This used to be true but it really isn't any more and I say this first hand. I still use Hilti tools, just not as many as I used to because the makita tools I've replaced them with are just as strong and hard working with all the latest gimmicks.

Infact, as much as it's not a good measuring stick, I've had more hilti tools replaced in the last 2 years than I have makita, which even now I'm still surprised by but it's true.

>>1111792
This is simply the issue with this board. People who can't justify expensive tools tell people who can that they should just buy cheap. I can't stress how far wrong it is.
>>
File: 1483920853068.png (1MB, 979x841px) Image search: [Google]
1483920853068.png
1MB, 979x841px
>>1111438
Mfw long-time Ryobi fan
>>
I fucking switch makes every 3 years. Sticking to one make is like wanting monopoly and paying $59 for a 5mm screw
Switch makes every now and then, theyre all good now, because competition.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.