[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember to thank you PPE-fu when you work on any porjects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 32

File: 1483755488731.jpg (66KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483755488731.jpg
66KB, 640x640px
Remember to thank you PPE-fu when you work on any porjects
>>
File: 1385149897406.jpg (157KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1385149897406.jpg
157KB, 600x600px
>>1110604
>not wearing a face shield over your safety glasses while grinding
>>
>>1110611
Not using a grinder like a complete retard goes a long way.
>>
>>1110604
I know ive said this before. But not buying cheap grinder blades. And not using cut off disc for grindin goes a long way.
>>
>>1110604
don't twist your zip discs retard
>>
File: 1h88bw.jpg (108KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1h88bw.jpg
108KB, 640x480px
>>
wear your fucking earplugs too. going deaf doesn't hurt.
>>
File: dsc01558.jpg (245KB, 616x922px) Image search: [Google]
dsc01558.jpg
245KB, 616x922px
>>1110604
work clothers(or leather work clothers), working boots with steel toe, leather apron if you use normal work cloathers, safty glases, dust mask, welding hat, face shield(or welding mask), work gloves, ear plugs or muffs + others stuff
thats lots of stull bu still worth it , even when you use wire brush on angle grinder the wires fly off and can drill through thiner material
>>
>>1110679
That picture reminds me of the time I set fire to my pants using an angle grinder for the first time. Twas fun though.
>>
I remember when I was a senior in high school, I had to make a remote controlled gas powered go-kart for my physics class. It was an unsafe shitshow.
>made friend hold drill rotating metal rod while I took a dremel to it
>used angle grinder shirtless
>JB weld everywhere
Can't believe it actually worked in the end.
>>
>>1110646
Are there any torrents of this dude?

I found some youtube, but he's great I want the full show.
>>
If you dont know how to use a tool properly then you shouldn't be using it. I remember the first time set my shorts on fire with an angle grinder at work. I only stopped cutting coz my dad was laughing so hard
>>
>>1110725
there most likely are if you go look
>>
This all happened in the span of 2 hours on a jobsite
>burn hole in boot sole by stepping on a red hot anchor stud I just torched off the wall
>light shirt on fire with grinder (lovely 100% cotton work shirts)
>light gloves on fire with grinder
>burn the grinder up because every single seam on simple dock bumpers were triple pass 7018'd
>buy a new skookum grinder at the homeless despot
>get chunk of concrete in my eye, make it worse trying to fish it out
>missed st pattys day drinkfest trying to cry concrete out of my eye

Twas a bad day.
>>
>>1110611
>>1110679
I can't imagine being this afraid of life, do you wear a helmet when you leave the house too?

glasses and ear plugs are all you need. the rest is just as likely to injure you as help ie:
-work gloves can get caught in machines and pull your hand in, or the loss of dexterity can cause you to drop a tool.
-glasses and face shield causes loss of visibility, increasing likelihood of an accident
-steel toe can bend in cutting off toes if weight is heavy enough (like a car / truck)
-welding shit is only for welding
apron is fine for keeping clothes clean but dangerous if lose
>>1110652
>going deaf doesn't hurt.
tinnitus kinda does
>>
>>1110840
Watch myth busters steel toe shit

It helps in every single case.
By the time you are dropping enough weight to cut off toes with the toe cap, they would have long ago been destroyed by the weight itself otherwise
>>
>>1110840
>-glasses and face shield causes loss of visibility, increasing likelihood of an accident

Maybe if you have shit all over them or use shields long past time to replace the transparency. Glasses don't protect your face. Even tiny Dremel abrasive wheels and cutting discs fling nasty shit, and their stranded wire brushes are even worse. I drag a hard drive magnet over my clothes after using those little fuckers.

I wear a face shield even when Dremeling, but I keep all my PPE well maintained.
The screen style face shields used for chain saw work ventilate nicely and I've used mine for grinding now and then.

If your work gloves fuck with dexterity you have the wrong gloves. I use my Tillman white TIG gloves as work gloves when they get a bit cooked from welding.

I wouldn't wear gloves running a lathe or mill, except nitrile surgical gloves now and then when I don't feel like getting my hands dirty to perform a small job.
>>
>>1110840
>-steel toe can bend in cutting off toes if weight is heavy enough (like a car / truck)
Its not a bug - its a feature! Enjoy your smoothed feets.
>>
>>1110840
>steel toe can bend in cutting off toes if weight is heavy enough (like a car / truck)
Nigger, you must be buying some shitty boots if a car will squash the toe
>>
File: s-l1600h.jpg (270KB, 1206x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600h.jpg
270KB, 1206x1600px
>>1110840
So you're one of those future Darwin award recipients who thinks that manlyness and safety are an inverse ratio. You are grasping at straws trying to justify not using PPE.
A tip for anyone who has a flip front hood. Flip the lens up to use the hood as a face shield while grinding or chipping slag. Do not be that guy who tries to flick the lens down the moment before you weld. When your welding keep the welding lens down and use a head nod to drop you hood like you would with any passive helmet.
>>
>>1110646
I hear Norm's voice when I read this. Comforting.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>1110894
>manlyness and safety are an inverse ratio.
try to deny it. you cant

safety gear is for women and children, men know how to handle their tools
>>
>>1110604
This is fake. Safety glasses are created for impacts and would not just puncture like that. Also why would this guys head be in a path to be impaled by a cut-off wheel (not a grinding disk). Either way this is fake.

But I have seen some stupid stuff over the years. My brother has fans front teeth due to a 7" grinder and wire wheel kicking back and hitting him in the face. He was wearing face shield.
>>
>>1110894
One tip one the clear protective lenses used with wiring hoods. Not all are rated for impact resistance. Some shatter like good when impacted. Test one out by tapping the center with chipping hammer. If it absorbs the shock it's impact rated. If it shatter, it's not approved eye protection for impacts. It's only purpose then is to protect welding lenses from spatter and scratches.
>>
>>1110840
>-work gloves can get caught in machines and pull your hand in, or the loss of dexterity can cause you to drop a tool.

lol thanks to fag like you my job as a nurse is assured for the next millennia
>>
>>1110921
He was probably leaning over the work to see what he was doing. Rule 1 of cutoff disks, assume they are just about to explode and that you want to keep your body relatively shrapnel free.
>>
>>1110894
Another useful trick is to buy protective lenses by the box online and keep one on the INSIDE of your tinted lense. This protects the lens (some aren't cheap) and leaves you a reserve when your front lens is spattered.
>>
>>1110652
Foam earplugs like classic E.A.R. foamies clean your ears in use and meet USAF noise attenuation requirements. Leave them in pocket when dirty and launder them with your clothes.
>>
>>1110936
Improbable, looks like a stock photo. Also, I used a tiger disk once without a guard on my grinder. I was crouching down polishing between my legs. The sand paper and glue separated from the backing disk and " exploded" hitting me all over my legs and crotch. One chunk guy me square on the balls. Guess who is a fan of grinder guards now.
>>
File: health-and-safety-china.jpg (92KB, 728x483px) Image search: [Google]
health-and-safety-china.jpg
92KB, 728x483px
>>1110840
holly fuck its like a retard wrote this, thats the bigest pile of retardnes i have read on 4chan so far are you from china or shithole like india or a redneck? pic releted
>>
>>1110954
he's fine, he is grinding away from his face. even if the wheel shatters, the bits won't do him any harm
>>
File: 1403989343917.jpg (26KB, 391x440px) Image search: [Google]
1403989343917.jpg
26KB, 391x440px
>>1110894
>chipping slag
People really underestimate how shitty slag can be.

>stick welding stainless steel
>hot pieces of slag jumping up all over the fucking place
>>
>>1110604
Thats not me lol.
>>
>>1110611
Came to post this.

>>1110621
>>1110840
>glasses and ear plugs are all you need

You'd get fired in many places for not wearing googles + face shield. If you were working with me and did not have googles + face shield I'd go out of my way to make sure the boss fires you. Failing that I would simply quit since I'd not want to work in such conditions with such people as you or your boss. You are a type of person who is reckless & irresponsible not only for your own safety but also the safety of the people you work with.

>>1110852
>I drag a hard drive magnet over my clothes after using those little fuckers.

I do the same thing. I make sure to only use one set of clothing for doing metal work that flings swarf everywhere and I wash it separately.
>>
>>1111026
>such people as you or your boss.
I autistically wear all my PPE
Just saying that the best safety measure by far is knowing how to use power tools that can actually be pretty dangerous.
>>
>>1110971
I was testing out someones new welder once so I just threw a hood on, no safety glasses, because I was just going to run one bead flat. The first strike with a chipping hammer bounced a piece of hot slag off the corner of my eye lid. I used up all of my luck that day. Now I won't even walk into a shop without eye protection.
>>
>>1111032
>>1110971
slack is bitch shit flies everywhere got it many times behind collar or under work clothers *dance like an egyptian*
big problem are other retards on workplace too
>>
>>1111029
>Just saying that the best safety measure by far is knowing how to use power tools that can actually be pretty dangerous.

While true, PPE is there to save your ass for stuff outside your control.
>>
>>1111035
You're not kidding. Some people are oblivious to where all the waste material goes when they grind. Being down range of someone removing dross with a wire wheel is unpleasent to say the least and god help you if you aren't wearing eye pro.
>>
what a bunch of pussies in this thread thanks god i live in the third world
>>
>>1111047
Like Dave in the next station who didn't wear his face shield and takes a disc to the cheek making him fling his power tool at you, as he falls, which hits right on your hardhat and face shield. Or, Carl who trips, lands on you, and bounces your face against the table saw.
>>
>>1111178
holy fuck are you working with a bunch of drunks?
>>
>>1110793
What is the name of his show?
>>
>>1111236

He's exaggerating a little, but not a lot. The best approach is to assume Murphy's law is always true: anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

It's entirely possible to design safety features so that you literally can't fuck it up if you try. Otherwise you're rolling the dice. You might have done it a thousand times before, but you're still rolling the dice.

I knew a guy who did woodworking his entire life. His wife died early, and had no kids. It was one of the few things that gave him any purpose. He loved it. He knew his tools and his shop backwards and forwards.

One day he leaves the door to his shop cracked open. He's working with the table saw. His dog comes in and jumps on his back at the wrong time, and the push and surprise caused him to slice off his pointer and index finger through the first knuckle.

Absolutely random, unexpected shit is just waiting to fuck you up. If the guy had used a push stick or a push block he'd still have all ten fingers.

You can roll those dice, and some people do it their entire lives without getting hurt, but the odds are against you.
>>
I always wear my PPE autistically too, mainly from living as a walking jinx.

>Get steel coil chip that imbedded in my safety glasses when running manual lathe.

>Buddy starts running a grinder nearby without giving a heads-up. Didn't have my corks in and get eardrum punctured in 3 places from silica dust debris

>Don't wear gloves when hauling bricks up in a bucket on a rope because lel, need grip. Groundman's shitty knot slips and wind up getting a hairline fracture in right pinkie. Bastard still doesn't straighten out 100%.

>Shit-loads more small instances like this ranging from scaffolding fuck-ups from guys who don't know to build them, to getting hit in the thigh from a 12" block thrown from the gas cut-off saw from a dumbass who let the blade bind.

I'd almost wonder if it's a gypsy curse at this point. PPE does it's job.
>>
>>1111252
The New Yankee Workshop
>>
>>1111253

This is very true. While not as serious as that story I had a similar experience.

I was in carpentry class in high school and decided to take a shortcut across the shop floor behind someone who was using a table saw. The saw caught the excess wood and sent a fist sized piece of hardwood right into my liver. I knew real pain that day. The other pieces that hit the sheet metal wall sounded like hammer strikes.
>>
>>1110725
Hungover sunday mornings watching that guy, so comfy.
>>
>>1111253
> If the guy had used a push stick or a push block he'd still have all ten fingers.

maybe but he would for sure have all 10 fingers if he had Saw-Stop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiYoBbEZwlk
>>
>>1111272

we had these in my highschool shop when I was there about 10 years ago and we still used push sticks. Never just assume something is going to work.
>>
>>1110829
Sounds like a right hoot and holler.
>>
>>1111272

Or you can use a stick, never put your hands within 12" of the blade, and save $1000.
>>
File: 1431807975239.jpg (84KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1431807975239.jpg
84KB, 720x1280px
>>1110604
>clipboard warrior tries to justify his existence.

Simply engage safety-squints and don't be fucking retarded.
>>
>>1110829
>st patty

Mate it's paddy
>>
File: 2015+-+1.jpg (26KB, 506x291px) Image search: [Google]
2015+-+1.jpg
26KB, 506x291px
>>1111268

>Fist sized piece of hardwood into my liver
>>
File: Where's My Face.webm (3MB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
Where's My Face.webm
3MB, 300x224px
>>1111026
This.

Never work with someone who disregards safety for any reason. Not only are they putting themselves at risk, but they are putting you at risk too. That's very disrespectful to you.
>>
>>1111422
>camera
>no off switch the dude who works on the next machine can find
>>
File: 1455570578335.gif (2MB, 260x196px) Image search: [Google]
1455570578335.gif
2MB, 260x196px
>>1111253
>>1111268
A friend of mine saw a guy impaled and killed from kickback while he was working a table saw. The board that shot out went through his belly. He was standing directly in the wrong place while working on the wood and wasn't using the proper tools to feed the wood through.
>>
>>1111026
>If you were working with me and did not have googles + face shield I'd go out of my way to make sure the boss fires you.

Or, ya know, you could not be a cunt, explain proper PPE to someone who has clearly missed the meme, and just maybe, save a life.

Of course, if they still fail to tow the line, termination with prejudice is the only answer.
>>
>>1111440
>meme
memo
>>
>>1110915
>Tfw my dad made me do the same shit when I was 17
Such is life in eastern europe
>>
>>1111026
how does me wearing a face shield with safety glasses somehow protect other people?

I've only worked at one place that required the use of a face shield, face shields can be more dangerous than not wearing a face shield depending on the task.

i've also got a chip from self tapping galvanized machine screw in my eye that found its way behind the face shield and ricocheted into my eye. a trip to the doctors and they couldn't find any trace of it, it could have fallen out at the eye wash station at work but its an eye, you don't fuck around with eye injuries. 1 week of putting salt water drops (4 times the salinity of ocean water) in my eye 3 times a day and another tetanus shot. no face shield and just safety glasses and it wouldn't have happened.

every other place i've worked face shields were optional, i only use them in conjunction with safety glasses when using cut off wheels and wire wheels.

i know i'm not alone with stuff finding its way behind a face shield, hell i worked with at least 10 other people who've had similar stuff happen to them.
>>
>>1111272
Sawstop is a huge luxury most people just cant afford
Its an expensive saw
Its got expensive cartridges
It destroys expensive blades every time it accidentally or deliberately goes off
>>
>>1110604
Osha requires full face shield as well
>>
>>1111653
>no face shield and just safety glasses and it wouldn't have happened.

Do you honestly believe this?
>>
>>1111653
>i know i'm not alone with stuff finding its way behind a face shield,

I was under the impression that the face shield wasn't supposed to be used alone in pretty much every circumstance. It was just an extra layer of protection in addition to glasses/goggles.

The only time I've ever personally seen them used alone is with wood turning, and that was more to keep shavings and dust off your face than for protection.
>>
>>1111656
yeah, because i felt that chip bounce twice off my face. no face shield and it would have just bounced of my face and couldn't have got behind my safety glasses after bouncing of the inside of face shield.

still, it happened while wearing a face shield and safety glasses; it's not perfect.
>>
>>1111657
at the time i was wearing both a face shield and safety glasses.
>>
>>1111659
>no face shield and it would have just bounced of my face and couldn't have got behind my safety glasses
> would have just bounced of my face

The whole idea of the face shield is so you dont have any chips hitting you in the face.
Allowing shit to repeatedly hit in you in the face because you had a really flukey experience is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
>>
>>1111026
>You'd get fired in many places for not wearing googles + face shield. If you were working with me and did not have googles + face shield I'd go out of my way to make sure the boss fires you. Failing that I would simply quit since I'd not want to work in such conditions with such people as you or your boss. You are a type of person who is reckless & irresponsible not only for your own safety but also the safety of the people you work with. Also, I suck cocks.
Whatever, nerd.
>>
>>1111026
>Failing that I would simply quit since I'd not want to work in such conditions with such people as you or your boss.

and your foreman would be happy to see your whinny, squealing ass go
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (17KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
17KB, 300x298px
>>1111680
>>1111751
not that anon, but fuck you guys. i narc out chink tier operations like yours to OSHA all the time.

mishaps cost everyone shit tons of money. taxpayers, employers, employees. everyone. and it fucking shits on company morale and productivity. use google if you don't believe me.
>>
>>1111763
>i narc out chink tier operations like yours to OSHA all the time.

L I T E R A L L Y clipboard warrior.
>>
>>1111765
and you will either fix your shit or pay the fine. even if you worm your way out of the first time, now your on their radar as one of THOSE companies.
>>
>>1111768
Ooooh, scary, I'll be sure to wear my safety glasses at all times, wouldn't want be on someones radar or anything.

I just can't wait until the inevitable day you realize your entire life is a joke, nobody respects you, and the only reason people even pretend to pay attention to you talk is by threat of fines and legal action.
>>
>>1111679
right now i cringe just thinking about what you must look like where a face shield seals itself right up against your chest or chin depending on the size of your head

the chip came in from below the face shield while the face shield was down, ricocheted around and under my safety glasses found my eye. i'm not even british and i know what snooker is.
>>
>>1111772
>nobody respects you
the wives/families do. i've sent emails telling them about how their husbands/kids aren't following all the safety rules. when your kid pleads with you with tears in their eyes to be safe, yeah you'll wear your shit. and then your family will be on your case at the house to be safe.
>>
>>1111779
>i've sent emails telling them about how their husbands/kids aren't following all the safety rules

how is it than no one has cut the straps on your safety harness / rope, and given you a nudge off a roof yet?

you do know that this shit behavior is literally painting a target on your back, don't you?
>>
File: 1431647886042.jpg (251KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1431647886042.jpg
251KB, 1280x720px
>>1111779
It's bait you fucks holy shit.

And I thought /k/ was the easiest board to troll
>>
>>1111422
That dude seems lucky that the neck on each layer of clothing gave way, but did he lose his arm to tourniquet like binding?
>>
>>1111782
because once people get with the program they realize that its not that big of an inconvenience and the inevitable reduction in mishaps has a very calming effect on people up and down the corporate structure.

its like when i tell people to get 8 full hours of sleep when they are so used to running on 6-7. they literally don't believe it makes a difference until they start doing it consistently.
>>
>>1111422
This is why a foot pedals are a thing. The instant you let off the pedal the machine stops.

>dat one photo where the only really discernible thing is an eye and a shoe

>>1111341
>>1111765
>clipboard warrior

There's nothing wrong with enforcing rules and laws to keep people safe from stupid people. Trying to use a label with negative connotations to downplay the need for safety shows how irresponsible, inexperienced, and young you are. You need to grow up.
>>
>>1111786
inb4 that guy who says he doesn't need to go beddy-bye and can run on 4 hours of sleep a week
>>
>>1111783
i was an OSHA certified safety inspector and consultant. i worked primarily in construction. my bible was the 29CFR 1910. this reaction is totally normal. people hate safety.
>>
>>1111774
>right now i cringe just thinking about what you must look like

This is the logic of a guy who thinks its OK to grind without a face shield
>something got in my eye and fell out
>damn that face shield that had stopped countless other pieces from hitting me directly in the face or slipping past my glasses

Just wait until you actually get hit directly in the eye with a chip the just slips past your glasses.
The eye doc literally uses a dremel tool to grind the metal out, and then you have to wear an eye patch for a month.
>>
>>1111786
kek
6-7 hours sleep is plenty

I bet you're also the kind of faggot who fights to bring in piss tests
>>
>>1110611
not being in the plane of the disc as it spins goes a long way too

what kind of retard stands in the path of anything spinning and is known to break apart if a retard is using them
>>
>>1111795
Idk
We have one guy ITT who already admitted he got an eye injury using both
IE, was grinding like an idiot.

His solution?
Keep grinding like an idiot with less PPE
>>
File: Safety-Goggle.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Safety-Goggle.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>1111795
no shit
TFW you need to grind something real quick in the garage and your safety goggles are in the basement of the house. position the grinder perpendicular to head and look away while grinding instead of running for goggles.

also, what's all this about face shields? goggles do just fine. so what if you get a little ouchie on your cheek
>>
>>1111799
Some people actually have real jobs and grind more than once a month
>>
>>1111794
>6-7 hours sleep is plenty
make sure to tell your co-workers that when their insurance premiums go up 100$ a month because SOMEONE couldn't get the company to full compliance with the new "whole health" program.
>>
>>1111799
>so what if you get a little ouchie on your cheek

Um....
>>
>>1111776
>people like you are why jobs went to mexico and china

No, its because you don't do your job for literal chicken feed.
>>
>>1111804
Bitches love scars
>>
>>1111779
>when your kid pleads with you with tears in their eyes to be safe, yeah you'll wear your shit
So you traumatize children as well? You're a real piece of shit.
>>
>>1111802
>insurance premiums go up 100$ a month
>2017
>being American
must really suck not having free healthcare
>>
>>1111811
i think visiting dad in the hospital and seeing this >>1111804 is more traumatizing

>>1111815
we had to negotiate down to 100$ after we told the insurance company we weren't going to have a smoking cessation program.
>>
I got a 28ft extension ladder thats bent slightly. I had to use it the other day at work, but i think its no good cause it was sitting at an angle and i couldnt get it to stay still while square to the roof. Its new, but im worried its already no good. Should i tell my boss or just keep using it?
>>
>>1111815
>must really suck not having free healthcare
Free health care, free roads, free schools, the money just comes from heaven!

The term you are looking for is "tax subsidized health care". You pay for it, just not at the time you are serviced. Meanwhile, the rich fucks hide their money off shore or do some other kind of tax dodge and don't pay a dime.
>>
>>1111831
>Should i tell my boss or just keep using it?
as your body is silently hurtling to the ground, you are going to think about this post.
>>
>>1111821
>seeing this >>1111804 is more traumatizing
nah, in Canada he would be stitched up and at the pub in a few hours, then riding the WCB gravy train for a month and a half. Then collect sweet EI $$$ for a 3 months vacation while "looking" for another job.
Shit, there's been times I thought about injuring myself on purpose. It gets even better if you cant go back to work because of something like PTSD, "oh GOD! I freeze and poo comes out when I hear the sound of an angle grinder".

>>1111832
>money just comes from heaven!
pretty much
but really it comes from people who don't know how to work the system. I go back to school every few years so I get my income tax back.
Sure I have a shit ton of student debt but if everything goes according to plan, I'll be dead before I have to start paying it off.
>>
>>1111833
Fair enough. We got a safety meeting tomorrow, i just feel like a dumbass cause i just started and they bought th ladder literally 2 days before.
>>
>>1111253
>pointer and index
arent those 2 the same?
>>
>>1111837
>We got a safety meeting tomorrow,
dude that's code for a piss up and if you're the new guy, you better be bringing the beers
>>
>>1111787
>dat one photo where the only really discernible thing is an eye and a shoe
post it
>>
>>1111837
anyone on that crew who is old enough to have seen a few falls will have your back.
>>
>>1111654
and most of all - it's only for small blades...
When working with a 3-foot circular saw blade, you just have to learn that if you offer fingers/limbs to the machine, it will take them without any questions, no gimmicks are going to save you.
Have a stupid but still accurate saying here, translates to something like "clumsy meat must go away"
>>
I remember this guy who taught me to use the grinding machines that were used to polish the 500 kg shafts.

The bigger machines had pretty bad safety gear and since he had a bad habit of driving the wheel into the workpiece HARD, the wheel was always breaking and getting replaced.

One time I saw him rolling a new 20kg wheel from the storage at a good speed, bumping into objects along the way.

After we replaced the wheel, I suggested we move to the side for the spin-up. I did, he didn't.

Fortunately he had just picked up his backpack to rummage around when the wheel disintegrated into dozens of chunks, most of them getting spit out of the wheel cowling right at his backpack. Lost his backpack and lunch and spent the next week healing the bruises.

There were a lot of other hazardous workers in that place, like one guy who liked to drive the 3-ton forklift at 20kph in the narrow corridors without announcing his presence or slowing down if someone was in front.

Sorry for the ramble, have a bad fever.
>>
>>1111623
here in america my dad made me hold the part that wasnt going to fall.
>>
>>1111793
dremel? grind? what third world do you live in where an ophthalmologist would not use proper tools? that would just cause more abrasives to come in contact with the eye. not every rotary tool is a dremel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoBYttpiqg8

eyes are more resilient than you think, they actually bounce like super bouncy balls when removed. also your eye is the fastest healing part of your body.

when i was a kid one of my fathers friends got a chip in his eye while working in his garage, an ophthalmologist used an actual drill bit to drill into his sclera to remove the chip. but your right with an eye patch or bandage, but the chip would have to be really deep for you to wear one for a month.

my optometrist is actually a ophthalmologist, hes the type that shoots the shit when going in for an eye exam so instead of taking 15 minutes its actually 45 to an hour.

before you start recounting horror stories you heard, understand not everything is worse case scenario while still being able to keep your vision. also you don't need a medical degree to understand proper procedures.
>>
>>1111906
this reminds me of something that experienced people should already know and negates the some of the need of PPE though it should always be used.

sound all grinding wheels when they are being replaced and off the machine, rap on them lightly with a peen hammer in different spots, listen for voids. if there is a void there will be a change in pitch. you will know if there is a void. if there is a void don't use that grinding wheel and just throw it away.

i don't care who made the grinding wheels, they could be the most expensive or cheap chinese ones. grinding wheels with voids will explode.

it only takes a minute, doesn't damage the grinding wheel. face shield or not, if your in front of one and it explodes at full RPM your going to have a bad day. don't trust the sticker when they claim they have been tested with ultra sound.
>>
>>1111835
>nah, in Canada he would be stitched up and at the pub in a few hours

The point is that could have easily been in his neck and he would have bled out. In the workshop, you must control your circumstances, don't like circumstances control you.
>>
>>1111253
>right into the liver
That reminds me of a Kickboxing amateur fight (Super heavy weight) against a literal giant that was 15kg heavier than me. Pretty easy fight, got cocky, he faints me into a pretty damn powerful midkick into the liver. Dropped down on the spot. I legit thought I was gonna die. A kick in the balls is a hundred times less painful than a solid hit in the liver.
>>
>>1111929
face shield won't protect your neck
>>
>>1110604
>>1111804
what i want to know

>what RPM's or rippums was those cut off disks rated for and at what RPM did they fail?
>what were those cut off wheels installed on, pneumatic tooling or an angle grinder? too small for a chop saw.
>did they flex the cut off wheels in any way other than straight plunge cutting or did they apply lateral force?

a face shield is not meant to protect you from using tools improperly.

then again i come from a generation where adults thought it was a good idea to let kids play with lawn darts. either you were smart enough no to stand near the ring on the ground or you became impaled and learned your lesson, also anyone with half a brain never played lawn darts with the psycho kid down the street who tortured animals, because he wouldn't aim for the ring.
>>
>>1111970
It will when you use it correctly. You always look directly at the grinder disc. You don't shy away from it or angle your head at it. doing that, you will have your neck, face, and head completely covered by the face shield.

The biggest thing is getting a face shield intended for use with grinding discs that has proper full coverage.
>>
>>1111978
Shit happens. Don't be stupid. Wear your face shield.
>>
>>1111422
He was lucky, lucky, fucking lucky, for being so absurdly stupid.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Man+Pulled+Into+Lathe&tbm=isch
>>
File: new meme.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
new meme.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>
proper PPE for angle grinder use according to this thread
>>
File: Van Diyhome.png (202KB, 617x462px) Image search: [Google]
Van Diyhome.png
202KB, 617x462px
>>1111994
According PPE when performing metallurgy according to the other side of the thread
>>
>>1110852
>gloves
arent you not supposed to wear gloves since they can get dragged into a variety of tools (and take your hand with them) and because they can make crushing injuries worse
>>
>>1112012
name of film?
>>
File: SNfBI3r.jpg (73KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
SNfBI3r.jpg
73KB, 1024x684px
>>1112012
Wrong image.
>>
File: LORDS OF THE LOCKERROOM.jpg (36KB, 379x545px) Image search: [Google]
LORDS OF THE LOCKERROOM.jpg
36KB, 379x545px
>>1112053
Pic related
>>1112061
Touché.
>>
>>1111032
same here, had slag ricochet off the booth wall into the side of my eye, my leather coat has burns all up inside it.
>>
>>1110933
Dad cut off half of a pinky when heavy work gloves got caught in worm drive saw and drug hand in.
>>
>>1111623
Did same thing all the time as kid. Always made sure hands were 3' back. Good times in USA.
>>
>>1111831
What kind of shit tier ladder gets "bent", esp at that span?
>>
>>1111852
Totally this. I witness a guy slide off a 2-story roof onto tomato stakes in a garden all because he wouldn't wait for me to sweep the loose grit from asphalt shingles off nor wait for the rest of the roofing safety guard rail to be installed in that section. He literally could have waited 20 mins and not be shitting in a bag out his side, for the rest of his life.

This wasn't even a failure of equipment, it was just fucking cockiness and I can't get hurt attitude (close to lunch time too.) But, now I take safety procedures pretty fucking seriously.
>>
>>1111910
>dremel? grind? what third world do you live in where an ophthalmologist would not use proper tools? that would just cause more abrasives to come in contact with the eye. not every rotary tool is a dremel.

Are you literally arguing semantics with me?

>when i was a kid one of my fathers friends got a chip in his eye while working in his garage, an ophthalmologist used an actual drill bit to drill into his sclera to remove the chip.

Me too, thats the only reason I know the procedure exists. I watched my brother have metal removed from his eye and proceed to wear a patch for a month, and then have sensitivity to light for a few weeks after.
It wouldnt have happened if he would have worn a face shield, a piece of metal slipped past his glasses.

>before you start recounting horror stories you heard, understand not everything is worse case scenario while still being able to keep your vision.

Is that why you ran to the eye doctor the second something got in your eye? It literally fell out and did no damage, but you were running around like the world was ending? kek
Also point me to where I said you would lose your vision.
I was more implying that being off work for a month is pretty fucking bad.

>eyes are more resilient than you think, they actually bounce like super bouncy balls when removed. also your eye is the fastest healing part of your body.

Is this your justification for putting them in danger?
Weird seeing how nutty you acted when you actually got something in it. I can only image whats gonna happen when you inevitably embed something deep into your eye

>you don't need a medical degree to understand proper procedures.

Yep.
And all you need to understand proper PPE usage is an iq over 80
>>
>>1112012
lol actually leather is pretty safe

should be baggy clothing made of nylon. something to get caught in machinery and melt and catch fire when exposed to flame or sparks
>>
>>1111791
Safety gets a bad rap because while the majority of it is good when people take it too far it becomes burdensome and a painful nuisance that can't be spoken against because 'muh safety'. I was in the oil patch and some of the regs were a little crazy; at some companies you weren't allowed to solo lift anything heavier than 20 pounds and would get written up for going up stairs without three point contact (mandatory holding hand rail). Or when you've made a lmao4plate pull the previous day and the next day you have an obese 40 year old safety 'instructor' shit on you because you didn't lift a box as per their (incorrect) belief to how you should. Because they have absolute power because, again, 'muh safety' the valid not shit parts of safety culture get shit on or ignored because people lump it into the insane overreaction. The oil patch was especially bad with incident/near miss reports. For some companies to stay on the vendor list you HAD to have a monthly quota of near misses. The place I worked was incredibly safe to the point where at the end of the month we'd have to make up near misses because if you didn't meet quota they assumed you were lying and you got kicked off the vendor list.

The most egregious thing though was that safety was only a priority until it became inconvenient for the oil company. Just worked a 20 hour shift? Well gee it'd be nice if you guys could stick around and do another run before you leave lease (minimum 10 more hours in the field). Don't like that the only place for the accumulator is in the middle of the live frac field and we won't wait for the frac to finish so you guys can work the nearby well? Well if you don't sign the safety paper saying everything is good we'll skid you and probably remove you from the vendor list.
>>
>>1110722

I have used an angle grinder in boxers and shades a couple times.

I leave the shield on my grinders and orient them correctly.
>>
File: 1483583988919.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483583988919.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>1112171
>actively working a frac site
>mfw

The oil companies here don't give a fuck until they get sued. They've kill so many people too. Those and the massive highway truck wrecks have all been completely swept under the rug without even a mention in any news at all.

Kinda scary actually.
>>
>>1111268
>shop class stories
I had the resident retard little shit push my elbow when I was working on the lathe. I got suspended for decking him while he got a slap on the wrist because I 'instigated the fight'. [spoiler]Turns out my dad was high school buddies with the shop teacher and got the kid permanently banned from the shop for the rest of high school. Felt good.[/spoiler]
>>
>>1111980

Why are pictures like this always showing guys using the angle grinder in that orientation?

If it snags the grinder gets kicked towards you rather than away. Also I have never seen anyone actually use a grinder like that unless it was an awkward cut
>>
>>1112194
its so he can have his face and junk in the path of flying broken blade parts, really want's to test the effectiveness of that face shield, so he can say "told you so" on /diy/
>>
>>1111422
"Dock that chink a day's pay for resting on the job" -manager probably
>>
>>1111653
The instructions, boxes, and even some face shields themselves even say that a face shield is to be used with, never in place of safety glasses.
Face shields give you extra protection, helping guard the gap in between your face and glasses that dust can be shot into easily during grinding.

While they do add a degree of additional eye protection, The official purpose of a face shield is to guard, you guessed it, the face. Not the eyes I know several people who have been left permanently fugly when a cutoff disk/saw tooth/chunk of metal/chemical of some kind flew out and hit them in the face, leaving either a giant scar where the tissue was torn or boils where it was burned. They didn't wear any face protection because "safety glasses already protect my eyes tho".
>>
>>1111815
>free healthcare
There's no such thing as free healthcare.
I pay for it every time I go to work and I don't even have a doctor.
>>
>>1110954
He'll be right
>Safety thongs
>Already squints

Fairly sure that engineering contractor that used to work in china scared most of /diy/ straight
>>
This kind of bit broke off and hit my dad in the leg while he was polishing. Shit left huge mark.
>>
>>1110725
I've snagged a season here and there in the past.

Searching either Norm Abrams or New Yankee Workshop should net you some episodes. I far prefer snagging things by the season though where possible.
>>
>>1111440
Failing to get the meme is a common 4chan hazard.
>>
>>1111804
That's the definition of a little ouchie on the cheek.
>>
>>1111837
Buy shit tier tools and they break quickly. Doesn't matter if it's a ladder or a drill.

If it's not cheap and someone other than you has damaged it, make sure to point it out as soon as convenient, otherwise tomorrow whoever uses it will say you used it last etc.

If you damage something then I guess it depends on your employer as to how you handle it. I've always been straight up about being the one who kicked the drill off the roof with my twitchy leg, or whatever. Some people go nuts when you break their shit so in that YMMV.

Most important, don't use busted tools unless you're very experienced and know exactly what will happen and how to deal with it. Check your tools when you're handed them/assigned them/book them out. That's the best time to say "hey, the chuck on this drill is seized".

Obviously you can't check out everything on the spot, but get used to checking anything you're handed if you're going to be using it later. Lastly, always use a tool you know to be in a working state, ask for "the green drill" or whatever, if you know it's gonna make your job easier.
>>
>>1112012
I have used a grinder nude and fried bacon nude, both of them I do occasionally do toilets. But no longer nude.

Takes forever to get the swarf out of your pubes.
>>
>>1112456
Uh. *topless, not toilets.
>>
>>1110604
>>>1110933
>Dad cut off half of a pinky when heavy work gloves got caught in worm drive saw and drug hand in.

Bingo. There are certain indtanves where you should not wear heavy gloves. They do make lighter gloves for that purpose though...
>>
>>1112467
General rules per OSHA and common sense are:

>Station mounted 110-480v power tool like table saw, lathe, mill, band saw, bench grinder etc:
Never ever use gloves

>Battery operated or portable hand tools such as angle grinders, drills, jigsaws, and the like:
Gloves are recommended, but ONLY if the guards are in place and both hands are where they should be; on the tool.
OSHA actually requires gloves on angle grinders now when working with metal if I'm not mistaken.

The only exception to this is handheld Circ saws, I've seen gloves get sucked up into them, even when following all procedures other than paying attention.
>>
>>1112071
He Ded?
>>
>>1110646
Who is this? I'd like to look this up.

t. Never had TV
>>
>>1112565 see >>1111260
>>
>>1112034
lurking wont help you.

Get a job.
>>
>>1112451
Showed the ladder to my boss in front of my coworkers. My boss and everyone made fun of me and they showed me how to set it up, it's a little jacked up but I think it's safe enough. It's twisted so it's at an angle at the top and both points won't touch the roof.
>>
>>1112410
well yeah, your average grinder goes way past the max rpm
>>
>>1111804
>hue hue got my dank sunglasses on doe
>>
>>1110646
Norm was my childhood hero
>>
>>1113118
mine too
>>
>>1112410
its literally writen on it
that thing is made for slow/wariable speed grinders if it was a random grinder with one speed over 10000rpm no wonder it blowed
>>
How about eye protection for those of us who have to use glasses? It sucks trying to balance a pair of safety glasses on top of my regular ones. I know that there are correcting safety glasses but with my latest pair of glasses costing 700 $ I'm not really in a mood to get a pair for those few times when I would need eye protection.

They also recommend against contracts since they apparently mess your eyes up badly if you get something in there (our at least that was standard for chemistry).
>>
>>1113155
get a face guard
>>
>>1113170
That does seem like the natural answer top my question.
>>
>>1113155
My prescription safety glasses were only $99
>>
>>1110621
>>1110604

I don't even use these fucking death disks, especially when its easier to cut with oxyace/plasma torches.
>>
>>1113224
Plasma maybe better and easier, but cutoff wheels are actually safe if you use them right with guards. Most major incidents like in this tread are from the following:
Using the wrong guard
using no guard
using the wrong disk for the guard you have
using the wrong disk for the grinder you have
wrong RPM
using a bad disk
abusing disk before/during use

Oxy/ace is too expensive in the long run to use with thing like small pipe, tube, bar stock, thin plate, etc.
For the same amount of money you would waste starting your torch, preheating, etc. you could get two or three disks and make twice the amount of cuts in barstock, small thin plate, tube and the like.
Cutoff wheels aren't really meant for anything deeper than half the diameter of the wheel, anything bigger than that Oxy/ace is used for. Cutoff wheels are mainly intended for small things that would be uneconomical to cut with a oxy/ace torch.

Of course, if you have a plasma cutter and a suitable air and power supply at the location you're working at the game completely changes.
>>
>>1113236

I see what you're saying, at my house I cannot afford a plasma, but my father and i have used cutting wheels ( sometimes knockoff dirt cheap ones) and have never had a problem. I do however wear proper PPE (my father does not, because he does not fear pain or death). However, I have seen too many people at my job and my father cutting things way too big for a wheel. So I guess I just have a pet peeve when I see grown people trying to cut through 1" steel with (multiple) cutting wheels and it takes only some training and practice too use the proper tools.

I have never even thought about the expense of Oxyace, compared to wheel but I definitely agree. I use a chop saw with cutting wheel for the smaller things and have found it very safe. I definitely recommend for anyone that doesn't have one too look into it, they can be cheap new and even cheaper used.
>>
>>1113155

Glasses with impact-rated lenses. They aren't expensive.

$700 for a pair of glasses, ANY pair of glasses, is insanity.

They're not technically impact rated (nor are they really big enough to properly protect my eyes), but my frames have polycarbonate lenses and ran me a total of about $45. Searching for "prescription safety glasses" will turn up plenty of options well under $100.
>>
>>1110604
That's scary as fuck.

From now on I'm gonna use a simple hacksaw.
>>
>>1113155
Corrective protection glasses are 40€. You're saying you don't want to protect your 700$ glasses with cheaper ones?

Proof http://www.bricomarche.com/lunettes-de-bricolage-pour-presbytes-varionet-safety-3-50.html (brand is Varionet)
>>
>>1111026

Safety isn't your business. Worry about your own safety, and the safety of others if it affects you. Don't go snitching on others, just tell them politely they should wear their safety gear, and if they refuse, leave the premise. Then, if the boss asks you WTF you are doing, you have a legit excuse.

Or let the safety inspectors find out.

I can tell you don't actually work with dangerous equipment, because then you'd know this. No one likes a snitch, and getting someone fired over not wearing glasses is an easy way to not make friends.

Safety first, but most importantly, make sure YOU stay safe.

t. someone who doesn't lie on the internet and commissions cement plants
>>
>>1113440

I should add, if you have personal responsility (i.e. you're the boss) then it is your problem.

But I know what response I'm gonna get, I meet these safety fanatics all the time, and they usually don't last long.
>>
>>1113440
>Safety first, but most importantly, make sure YOU stay safe.
Idiots who put themselves at risk 85% of the time also risk people near them
>>
>>1113440
>Safety isn't your business.
Not when you work in a group setting. The boss comes or an inspector and finds one person out of line and gives everyone a write-up, at some jobs.

>I can tell you don't actually work with dangerous equipment, because then you'd know this. No one likes a snitch, and getting someone fired over not wearing glasses is an easy way to not make friends.

I can tell you've never worked with someone who feels his own safety is unimportant, and passes that on to others. I can also tell you've never seen someone like this tell helpers to do dangerous things.
This is the same kind of guy who will tell you to work right next to some guy welding at 200A with no protection because "the arc won't hurt you wey, just don't look at it" even though you're surrounded by white high gloss painted walls. Or to work in front of him while he's using a 5" wheel with no guard on a 4-1/2" grinder.
This is also the same kind of person who will go out of their way to get you written up or fired because you refuse to work in unsafe conditions.
Sometimes these people are also take, or are given unofficial "supervisory" positions, because they get work done faster, at the expense of potential personal injury. i.e. "bob is in charge of project X, help him with it." or "this is my job, you will work the way I want you to on it"
Bob still has the same title as you, but bob feels entitled to tell you what to do and what safety standards YOU will use.

In the welding shop, or any shop that works with metal, this is the kind of person who will get everyone killed by the oxy/ace torch when he:
>runs the acetylene right at 15PSI at all times
>Never turns off the gas to the torch
>never backs out the Diaphragm screw on the regulator when turning the gas on
>cuts over the hoses
>pops his torch to put it out, and turns the oxygen or fuel up to try and solve a burn-back
>uses oily gloves to attack oxygen equipment
>puts oil in the oxygen regulator to "help it work better"
>>
>>1113624
you never worked where I worked
a decent crew can spot an accident waiting to happen the moment he walks in the door. They'll get one polite safety suggestion and after that they are on their own and we all stand back and watch the show. best was watching a guy cut his hand in half, took the skin and some of the bone right off his fingers and back of his hand, we laughed about that one for years.
>>
>>1113865
ps
shipped the guy off to hospital in a taxi and he never came back
>>
>>1110679
>working boots with steel toe

I can't thank it enough
>walking in a shop
>kicked into a stack of sheet metals
>sheet metal bends but my feet are still intact
>>
>>1112071
chewed up and spit out
>>
>>1111978
>back in my day
How'd you get to the computer again grandpa?
>>
>>1112451
if murica rape them with the lawyer
>>
>>1111422
This is why you use ribbon style sandpaper and lightly pinch it. If it catches fucking anything it just whips it out of your hand and flies off harmlessly because it weighs nothing.
>>
>>1112557
No, saw this in a /gif/ gore thread. Apparently he was paralyzed from the mid-chest down, but survived.
>>
>>1114397
so would have been better off dead in other words
>>
It's really funny to read this shit and hear what weekend warriors think about PPE. When you work in the field 12 hours a day, 7 days a week you realize how important safety is, and how stupid the idea of just "manning up" and the impossibility of "just using it in the safe position" is. If you've never metabo cut a ss 12" sch 80 45 6" above a beam on a fucked up ass scaffold 80' off the ground inside a hooch that confirms your suspicion that your helper is a fucking retard while your GF tells you "this is the hottest job in the plant, we gotta get this done today" but your foreman tells you "don't fuck that cut up because that fitting costs $2000, and if you do you'll get run off just like the bitch ass welder who busted the x-ray in the first place" all while wearing a face shield, spoggles, ear plugs, cut and impact resistant gloves, steel toe boots, FRC coveralls and a harness then you are a bitch of such epic proportions that I would be ashamed to call myself a man.
>>
>>1114529
/thread

How many discs did that cut take?

I lubs my Metabo and the fleet of them I maintained. 6" Metabos are love.
>>
>>1114541
It was a couple months back so I don't remember the exact number, but I wanna say somewhere around 8.
>>
>>1111787
>justifying being a clipboard warrior
Lmao at your existence makes me feel good no one takes people like you seriously outside of the workplace
>>
File: 1330903341046.jpg (58KB, 314x328px) Image search: [Google]
1330903341046.jpg
58KB, 314x328px
>>1110840
You sound like that one retard we all know who refuses to wear a seat belt so he can "fly free" in a crash instead of "getting crushed" inside his car
>>
>>1110621
how would the glasses OP posted have helped had the shard shot out an inch lower? bro, you're gonna die in your shop if you ain't careful
>>
>>1110892
this. had a car roll over my foot without having steel toe and it only mildly hurt
the weight of the car is distibuted on 4 wheels minus some weight because of suspension and wheel getting dented in
>>
>>1114936
>but I wanna say somewhere around 8.

If you wanna say it, then just say it, senpai
>>
>>1115181
If he'd been using the cutoff wheel like someone who has a brain it wouldn't have shattered in the first place.
>>
>>1115181
He would have a huge wound on his face, leading to stitches and probably a big ass scar.

Can't really stitch your eyes back in.
>>
>>1115511
>Can't really stitch your eyes back in.
You sure about that?
>>
>>1115585
Try it out and let me know how you do.
>>
>>1111835
I hate bottom feeders like you. Fucking thieves.
>>
>>1110829
ave impersonator fuck off
>>
>>1110604
I always forget safety glasses. fuck osha.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyD3ACgLnrY
>>
>>1110604
Remember, use hi quality glases. Cheap glases like crack into YouTube eye
>>
>>1113155

>700 for glasses

holy shit just get lasik
>>
>>1110915
incorrect. safety gear is for intelligent people.

source: infantry vet and fabrication shop supervisor. mancard severly intact. now, get off the floor and do about 1000 pushups you little bitch.
>>
>>1115003
>that one retard we all know
Right!? And that retard usually follows with a story about how one time they (or someone they know) got in a wreck and the fireman/paramedic/police said they'd be dead if they had actually been wearing their seatbelt.
>>
File: 4046-safety-first-001.jpg (150KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
4046-safety-first-001.jpg
150KB, 900x675px
>>1110840
This. Fuck OSHA.
>>
>>1116939
>infantry vet
> intelligent
pick one
>>
Are we posting accidents and disasters from not following proper safety procedures?

I'll start with an eternal classic, what happens when multiple generations of fire inspectors say "Whatever, good enough" and "What difference does a few more people make?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY59mR44TLs
>>
>>1118562
A fantastic illustration in the importance of knowing your equipment's limits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqygUApfnZg

If you look closely, you can see one guy's head coming off when he gets whipped by a 4 inch thick steel guy wire snapping.
>>
>>1111906
Get well soon anon.
>>
>>1110604
I'm so bad about this. My trade involves lots of drilling into masonry and aluminum too.
>>
>>1112397
Are there screen grabs of this, I'm new here
>>
>>1110933
you are a female ?
whatever there is machine when is forbiden to wear glove such as conventional lathe, Drill press, bending roller and every heavy machine that rotate like that. because if you work in a good place the pieces are deburred before you do your job on the bending roller or whatever
>>
>>1112467
lol light textile glove are even worse they wrap around and your whole hand is following
>>
>>1110604
>>1111804
dont those guys have a fucking carter on the grinder ?
I shattered a lot of disk before and never got injured wtf ??? Am i lucky or those guys did something very wrong
>>
>>1112074
aluminum extension ladder do bend a lot i'm like 65kg/143,3lbs and the only 20ft ladder bend when you are on top of it
>>
>>1119140
>>1112074
hum sorry extension does not mean what I though it means
>>
File: twisted-wire-brush.jpg (31KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
twisted-wire-brush.jpg
31KB, 360x360px
>>1110604
>>1111804

I was grinding with that kind of brush, I got it in my face, straight in my eye. I had no protection at all (only a safety hat who keep my hair on the back).

Finally I just was a little bit scrapped. My eye and hair are ok and now it's invisible.
But now I always remember to wear something for my face.
>>
>>1110936
>>1110921

it is fake, he clearly purposefully cut a slot in the glasses and inserted a broken piece manually, the slot if longer than the inserted piece

its just some point scoring garbage form those retards over at imgur that treat an image hosting site like it is some kind of fucking community.
>>
>>1112794
better be safe than sorry, dont sweat it too much
>>
>>1120813
> the slot if longer than the inserted piece
I'm guessing you have never seen the plastic of safety glasses deform and cloud due to impact. I've seen it happen a bunch at my workplace. I also seen it in the Army. When I was in Iraq a buddy of mine got peppered with shrapnel from an IED. Luckily, he was far enough away from it that they didn't penetrate his Wiley-Xs. The impact turned his lenses white over large areas, though. You couldn't see through them anymore.

We also had some lovely pictures it the Army Times of a captain that experienced a misfire of his Beretta while at a shooting range. It went full auto on him (probably due to poor maintenance, officers are retarded) while he was holding it in the ready position but wasn't expecting it to fire. It walked the gun right up til the last shot got him right in the glasses. They weren't rated to stop a 9mm from that range (inches), so it penetrated. If he had not have been wearing them it would have got him right between the eye socket and the eyebrow. The glasses deflected the round just enough that it scored a line up his forehead instead. Man, I wish I could find those picture. They were awesome.
>>
>>1120813
That's not a hole you are seeing that you think is longer. It is a shatter mark.
>>
>>1111358

>st. paddrick
>>
>>1120918
holly shit, hope you find them
>>
File: 51fEOLVzFHL._SL160_.jpg (6KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
51fEOLVzFHL._SL160_.jpg
6KB, 160x160px
get one of these combined with glasses

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00REG8JNS/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00REG8JNS&linkId=f4bfac1e8bd1f9f244def8ecef714f45
>>
>>1110840
Do you want to know how I know that you are unemployable?
>>
Best I got is that without biker PPE I'd be missing half a knee, half a hand, several toes, and half my face.

Haven't had glasses save my eyes YET, but I've snapped a dozen drill bits (the #1 eye-getter) so it's blind (heh) luck they haven't ricocheted off my specs.

TY to ear plugs, though, BC I'd be deaf a dozen times over.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>1113440
That's about someone who knows they are doing it wrong and actively disregarding safety. Not someone who forgot or doesn't know.
>>
>>1113440
I'm going to join the ranks of people saying that safety is a habit.

And before you "can tell I don't work with dangerous equipment", I did three wartime deployments on an aircraft carrier before I was 23 and haven't found anything half as dangerous since.

"Get your shit." is all you really have to say. Or if you're on your way to where you'll need your shit, "Got your shit?"

And I don't know where the "no one likes a snitch" thing comes from. I don't have to say anything to anyone, and if you say no I'll just say "Get your shit" again. They can't tell the boss "He wouldn't do the job unless I used my required PPE."

I might be assuming, but you sound like someone I'd have to tell to go get their shit.
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.