[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/nosaurs, Me and my bro would like to start our own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: radio station.jpg (507KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
radio station.jpg
507KB, 2000x1000px
Hello /diy/nosaurs,
Me and my bro would like to start our own radio station.
if there are any experienced people over here that know the subject.
so how should we go about it . what kind of legal things should we consider , what are approximate costs of it , we have our own place so thats not a problem, what would you recommend as an acoustic isolation. i was told that rockwool would be the best.

>Are Shure sm7b-s acceptable microphones for broadcasting?
>Is there any way to do it without paying others to broadcast aka using our own transmitter, is it even legal ?
>how much would running one approximately cost a month?
>Post your pics , stories , anything useful basically
>>
this is an insane idea. you gotta go through your nation's govt, it takes years - if ever, thousands of pages of documentation, and radio is in decline: in Norway they're shutting down all FM stations, and other nations will follow suit.

meanwhile, on the internet, you can get a piece of software and be broadcasting in hours without even asking anyone's permission.
>>
>>1110513
We are in a third world so that wouldnt be as hard in terms of government issues.
Do you have any experience in fm radio broadcasting? If so any tips?
>>
if you're in the badlands, just order an FM transmitter kit from the US: it's essentially one transmitter -- 10 to 100W as you see fit -- and an antenna. hook up a little mixer with MIC and AUX inputs and you're good to go. you need to find a hill for better transmission.

i used to know of a source of FM transmitters but it's been 10 years since i've looked. i'm sure google knows some.
>>
>>1110508
Americans can broadcast up to 4 watts on any frequency except the emergency channel. However, the law does not specify whether this is measured at the outputs or at the antenna. Thus, a pirate radio station could reach dozens of miles legally.
Emergency frequencies are 121.5 MHz, 243.0 MHz, and 406 MHz.

A mistake common to pirate radio stations is insufficient selectivity with their carrier frequency. This causes them to transmit on a much wider bandwidth than they should. This tends to piss people off and complaints to the FCC eventually get them shut down.
So don't scrimp on RF filters.
>>
>>1110537
>4 watts on any frequency
>Emergency channel
I think you're confusing CB regulations for regulations for the entire US.

There are strict limits on how powerful a signal can be in different bands, what kind of modulation is used, the ERP, and all sorts of other things.
>>
>>1110508
I assume you are in the USA? Check the FCC regulations at:

https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/low-power-radio-general-information

I have no experience in the legal world of commercial radio. But I am aware that it's a capital & time intensive process. Transmitter placement, engineering studies, liability insurance.. just to scrape the surface of things.
>>
>>1111301
Your link reminds me.
Anybody in the US looking to do their own radio station should look into LPFMs.
>>
File: tmp_16688-download745575268.jpg (8KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16688-download745575268.jpg
8KB, 261x193px
>>1110508
>what kind of legal things should we consider ,
Anon failed to tell location. People, a friendly reminder, you are stupid!
>>
>>1111589
Tbilisi , Georgia
>>
Bump, wanna start my own station in california have no clue where to start
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.