[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LED-lit replica of the Weeknd's Starboy cross

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: badass.gif (839KB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
badass.gif
839KB, 498x280px
I think I need LED strips, lipo batteries, a charging port, switch, and maybe an RGB color controller. That's easy, my friend who makes box mods can help.

The hard part is making a sturdy transparent/translucent cross to put the components in, like two clean halves that can be put together.

I want the final product to be very bright, but I do NOT want individual LEDs to be visible.

Clear resin seems like the only way. example: http://imgur.com/a/iJrX8 . I would be able to try different levels of sanding until I got the perfect level of light diffusion. I think making a mold is pretty doable, the shape is simple. I could make two halves, then grind down & sand the insides to make spaces for the components.

3D printing sounds much easier. But I don't know about the materials they use and size limitations. I imagine I would have to pay straight through the ass. Making a 3D model would be effortless compared to molding mixing pouring carving grinding and sanding resin by hand tho.

I would really appreciate advice + pros/cons on molding/3D printing this.
>>
File: prettycool.gif (218KB, 359x156px) Image search: [Google]
prettycool.gif
218KB, 359x156px
no joke tho, pls advise a music obsessed tranny stoner neet so that i may flex on these bitches. if u do i swear on jebus ill post it here first
>>
>>1110303

Get some thick walled acrylic tubing, some of that thin white foam packing sheet, some 5 min epoxy glue and a thin sheet of plastic or acrylic.

Cut to an appropriate length, notch the pipe where you want an intersection, and go from there
>>
>>1110324
oh yeah, how could i not have thought that. wow thank you so much xoxoxo
>>
File: 1483565210669.jpg (116KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483565210669.jpg
116KB, 400x800px
bump
>>
File: 20161029_204957_LLS.jpg (690KB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_204957_LLS.jpg
690KB, 2322x4128px
>>1110324

This with some LED strips hooked up to a battery ezpz. Barely even a /diy/ project. Good luck OP!
Wait I didn't mean OP as in post op! Wait! I didn't mean OP as in pre op! Whatever, I guess I'll just call you a faggot and be done with it.
>>
>>1110496
lol im not gonna get rid of my shenis, how else am I to dick down grills and bois . Yo basically can someone tell me if its feasible to make a whole cross out of this stuff http://imgur.com/a/iJrX8 ? or is it too fragile to make anything than paperweights?
>>
>>1110497

It doesn't look like it would diffuse enough light to break up the profile of the LEDs.
>>
the cross in the video is clearly made of wood with star wars light saber after effects.
>>
>>1110507
I know, but I can't exactly green-screen real life
>>
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009WQR4U2/ref=twister_B00JB7FEEU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

start cutting and gluing
>>
File: 1483324831905.jpg (197KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
1483324831905.jpg
197KB, 600x598px
lmao some fuck ass nigga already though of my idea https://www.etsy.com/listing/489574572/starboy-cross-replica-pre-order?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=starboy%20cross&ref=sr_gallery_2 its cool tho mine will shit on his
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.