[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fucked Audio cables

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: cable out.jpg (757KB, 1441x2560px) Image search: [Google]
cable out.jpg
757KB, 1441x2560px
Well somehow this managed to happen to my microphone on my headset. The cable inside the casing for the microphone got pulled back out of the jack where the black bit is. Im thinking of cutting it open along with the black bit casing the jack to try and mend it.

Any anons have any suggestions as to how to fix audio cables or microphone cables to jacks?
>>
>>1109337
Do you have cheap tape and some mountain dew bottle caps?
>>
>>1109337
Your guna have to open that fucker up OP. Thats shrink wrap.
>>
>>1109350
Can I put it in the freezer so it expands and slide it off instead of cutting?

I don't want to ruin it.
>>
What exactly is wrong?
The blue sheathing pulled out of the black plug and the mic still works?

Did you rip the actual wires out of the black plug and it doesnt work?

I dont see anything wrong with the pic
>>
>>1109337

I take it that the mic no longer works.
Those wires are rilly fine and hard to work with.
You might be better off buying a new plug and redoing the connector. Just take careful notes where the old wires went. Google will show you standard PC mic pinout,
>>
>>1109367
Inside the blue sheathing there is the cables that connect to the jack.

Somehow from my own stupidity i managed to pulled the wires inside the blue cable out of the black part. Without pulling it apart.

Basically its disconnected from the inside without any tears to the outside.
>>
>>1109372
Im probably going to do this and take it apart tomorrow and then just shrink wrap it up when i have it soldered. Figured id be cutting it up to fix it.
>>
>>1109374
Thats stupid. Buy a new jack, solder and shrinkwrap you cable properly so it looks and works decent. There's really no point in doing a half-ass job with that simple repair.
>>
youtube has a million videos on repairing headphone cables. presumably you're not able to solder so look for a video that claims to show a ''no-solder'' method. (this usually involves using a plug with tiny screws for attaching the wires)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.