[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to polish my knob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMAG0008.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0008.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
I've got a knob from a Sony CD player that I'd like to clean up a little before I re-sell the whole thing. Any idea what the best way to do it is? I've got some brasso, plastx, and some fine sandpaper meant for plastic models. Should I just sand it smooth, polish it, and hope for the best?
>>
In case it wasn't clear from the pic, it's got kind of a texture on everything but the chamfer, and I'm worried it'll look worse when it's done.
>>
>>1109224
Wouldn't mess with it.
Some knobs are layers of different plastics.
A little wear is normal on things.
I have refinished some plastics but they never matched. wetsand with 800 grit, wetsand again with 1200, then paint with krylon fusion.
Odds are you will have more into fixing the knob than it will bring on sale.
Also, Sony might have a replacement part.
I found one for my Jeep that was $7.50. less than what I spent in time and materials to fix the old one.
>>
Do it. I polish my knob every night and nothing happened.
>>
>>1109224
Wet sand from like 300 to 1000.

Get meguiars swirlx and meguiars ultimate polish.

Use the swirlx first then polish.. If done right you will get a mirror finish. I use this method for polishing clear plastic... And clear plastic is a pita to get crystal clear.
>>
>>1109224
From the looks of your knob you are looking for a matte finish not a polish. Unlike you will get a finishing similar to the other knobs with fine grit sanding paper alone.

I'd leave it as it is and when a buyer mentions the wear on your knob drop the price 5 dollar.
>>
Yeah, I think I'll just leave it as-is since the rest of the front is a bit beat up too.
>>
File: obama.jpg (153KB, 1600x1088px) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
153KB, 1600x1088px
>>1109235
>>
>>1109224
>Need to polish my knob
You came to the right place
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.