[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The human spine and chairs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 05-4_Overall_Spine.jpg (361KB, 648x778px) Image search: [Google]
05-4_Overall_Spine.jpg
361KB, 648x778px
This is a human spine. As you know already you need to sit straight to have a healthy back.
The problem is that most of the office chairs are badly designed.
So let's start working on a superior DIY office chair.
Some important points:
>It has to be comfy
>It needs to to be curved in a few places so the spine could be in its natural position
>You have to sit in a half lying position (sitting is unnatural position and the gravity could help you to straighten your back like on a bed)
>>
I'll post my ideas after I "design" them in Photoshop
>>
>>You have to sit in a half lying position (sitting is unnatural position and the gravity could help you to straighten your back like on a bed)

Yeah I love using computer desks while lying down. -_-
>>
>>1109196
I don't see a problem in making a place for a laptop. In the worst case scenario it would be only 2 pieces of wood a small pipe and some screws.
>>
>>1109193
Ergonomic chairs already exist, you just have to pay for them
>>
File: chairs.png (64KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
chairs.png
64KB, 1000x1000px
>>1109223
You have to pay a lot for them. Also this is /diy/ and we can make it better.

Also my "designs"
>>
>>1109232
>You have to pay a lot for them.

Go to a used office supply store. I bought a herman miller for 20$

>Also this is /diy/ and we can make it better.

By using studies done by these companies as R&D?
kek
>>
>notbuying used pilot seats
If there's anyone that knowsanything about sitting all day every day, it's them.
>>
>>1109271
>>1109398
If these things would have been available in Poland then I would gladly buy one.
Unfortunately most companies use old and simple chairs (because we're poor). To put in perspective. If I had to buy a 20$ char I would need to work a full day.
>>
>>1109232
You need make a raised and tilted desk as well, otherwise you'll mess up your neck straining it forward.
>>
File: sdgjkd.jpg (127KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sdgjkd.jpg
127KB, 1000x1000px
I've had back problems for about a decade (only 24 now), and I've recently switched to using a kneeling chair. It hasn't fixed my problems completely, but it is more comfortable if I have to spend long periods of time at my desk. You should probably incorporate something similar into whatever design you do.
>>
>>1109655
>can't lie your back against anything
>comfortable
>>
>>1111371
>needing to lie your back against something
that is the point, if your hip is angled like this you don't need that.
>>
>>1109232
Am i the only one expecting loss from the thumbnail?
>>
>>1109655
This would work but if you have knee problem then no....
>>
Just get a good automobile seat (compared to which all chairs are shit engineering) and mount it to a base.
>>
>>1109271
>hm for £20
bs
>>
>>1112384
I have actually bought 2 herman millers in the 20$ range.
An Ergon 3 and a Reaction.

Never been to a thrift store? Habitat for humanity? Salvation Army?

You think companies that buy new chairs every 8-10 years just chuck them into the trash?
>>
>>1112389
maybe its better in America but Australia has no thrift shops worth going to. plus theyre all over priced. one was selling an electric guitar stand for double its retail
>>
>>1109655
If you've got back issues at 24 and don't have scoliosis etc etc you should strengthen your back muscles with deadlifts. It's helped me tremendously.
>>
>>1112389
>You think companies that buy new chairs every 8-10 years just chuck them into the trash?
I'm sure they are claiming a nice fat tax credit if they donate them to the above mentioned organizations.
>>
>>1109193
To reach a natural comfortable lever, the angle between your thighs and torso should be higher than 135°. Read this in my medschool book some time ago.

This effectively means you have to forget about supporting the bottom of your thighs if you plan to work at a normal desk.
>>
>>1112464
So true, half the time back problems just come from weak back muscles
>>
Exercise Science guy here: fun fact a lot of people are using physio/exercise balls as chairs to help correct posture. It helps stabilize your core
>>
>>1109232
"PhotoShop"
>>
>>1109232
If you want to "make it better" then copy mobility chairs and semi truck chair designs. They are designed for long haul sitting.
>>
>>1109193
Build a desk high enough to stand and use the computer
>>
>>1112817
A lot of people are stupid. I did some research for my wife, when she moved from on the road to a desk job. Turns out exercise balls can cause as many problems as they solve.
>>
File: Its ogre.jpg (18KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
Its ogre.jpg
18KB, 400x386px
>>1109232
what the fuck is this "design"

are you 12

how is no one else keking at this?

l i t e r a l l y
>>
I use a car seat mounted on an old power recliner base. Chairs, all of them, a shit. Car seats get far more engineering invested into them by manufacturers and it shows.

Total cost about thirty bucks for the seat and some hardware. I had the base. You can strip off the "chair" portion of a power recliner easily with a screwdriver bit chucked in a drill.
>>
>>1113179
I'm 12 and what is this? (I made it in a few minutes, don't expect me to make a detailed overview on a lazy project on a Peruvian Anime instant messenger)

l i t e r a l l y
>>
>>1113602

4chan isn't for cooperating anonymously. Its for having all the work done already, then posting it so other anons can copy.

You haven't really put much into this thread. So no one else is going to either.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.