[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to electrically damage a computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: TV-Fire-1024x768.jpg (200KB, 829x572px) Image search: [Google]
TV-Fire-1024x768.jpg
200KB, 829x572px
Hello /diy/

ITT: how to fry a pc

For a few reasons, I need to electrically damage a computer as much as possible, and have it look like environmental damage.

I need to have as many of the coponents damaged in one shot.

I dont have access to lightning, i have the 220V outlet though
>>
Buy a usb killer
>>
Would applying 220V through the ethernet work?
>>
Unplug everything you dont want fried first, like hdd's if yiu want to keep your data.

Hook a car battery up to some electrical probes, and start probing parts around the motherboard 24 pin connector, the cpu 4/8 pin connector. Should make it look like a power surge.

After that, bridge all the capacitors in the board to leach out any unwanted power you may have stored in them, then plug the stuff back in.
>>
hmmm

forecast says cloudy with a chance of fraud
>>
>>1109087
this >>1109088
but how much demage you need? that kills mostly the mobo, wery wery rare there is a surge protection like the jinkitosh ones
>>
>>1109087
If you have full access to the computer, the most believable "environmental damage" can be done by putting in a chinese firecracker PSU, anything that claims to supply far more power than would be normal for a given price range., and make sure you're using near the top end of the power band. Will burn out components like no-ones business, most reputable sellers wont carry these, so look for somone not offering any form of warranty.

Failing that, throw water on the PSU, that killed my last PC bar the graphics card.
>>
take another ATX power supply, and cut off all the cables, then wire everything in parallel to a 120v cord, then plug it in. Then plug the atx supply in to 220v

Everything ought to be well and truly fucked at that point.
>>
>>1109151

Well, actually the atx supply is probably rated for 220v because of euros, and at worst you'll burn a fuse. hm. Maybe run 220v backwards into the 12v rail.
>>
wear a wool jacket and socks and zap that bitch with your fingers
>>
>>1109087
ez
>get old CRT tv
>place tin foil on glass screen
>this forms a huuge capacitor
>turn on TV
>charged to 30kv static electricity
>connect chicken stick to foil
>keep touching different parts in the computer with the chicken stick and keep turning the TV on and off

or just use a USB killer you autist
>>
>>1109087
Most environmental damage to computers is invisible to the naked eye. You could just use a paperclip to sort some things to the power input and there you go.

If you want visible burn makrs, I'd get a high voltage capacitor and discharge into the mobo power harness. The flash cap from a disposable camera may even work.
>>
>>1109087
take it apart and remove the heatsink, play a game, fry the cpu, replace the heatsink, reassemble the computer
>>
>>1110119
This probably won't work if the computer is reasonably modern
>>
Scale http://imgur.com/gallery/1Uvqj up, or put it in the microwave for a second or two until it's sufficiently fucked. Maybe don't zap the batteries.
>>
>>1109152
you should learn how to read
>>
>>1109087
Flip the switch on the PSU to 110v. Turn it on.
>>
>>1110832
Holy shit wow the time machine worked I am back in 1990
>>
>>1110259
>Put it in the microwave
This
If it's a desktop just take out a part like the GPU and put it in the microwave, it's gonna fuck everything in seconds
>>
>>1110833
I built my computer in 2012 and my gold standard 850w psu still has the switch. Not sure what you are on about.
>>
File: 9000v..jpg (12KB, 204x152px) Image search: [Google]
9000v..jpg
12KB, 204x152px
Find a high voltage transformer that is used to power large neon lights 9000 v and up....run leads with jumper cables to various spots on the MB etc...watch the fireworks
>>
>>1110855
It's like the other anon thinks everyone is on 110v just because it's 2017
>>
>>1111050
A light ballast would work too. For t-12 bulbs, you can get them at Home Depot.
>>
>>1109087
You should realise that the plaintiff's lawyers will just send it off to a data-recovery firm (who can recover data from the hard drive just fine regardless of how much the electronics have been fried) and send you the bill. And possibly have you prosecuted for obstruction, because it's not like everyone is too dumb to distinguish sabotage from environmental damage.
>>
>>1109087
>2012+5
>not playing csgo in the shower
>>
>>1110855
wow really?
haven't seen one in at least 10 years.

>>1111152
not at all, pc psu is just a closed loop smps. its trivial to design a system that accepts a wide range of input voltages. typically the upper limit is the breakdown of components and the lower is the current carrying capacity to provide the required power but in theory it could be built to be able to accept any input voltage at all without complaining.
>>
My magic RMA tool is a gas grill piezo igniter with an extra wire run off the ground.

Connect both wires to any handy connectors. clickety-clickety, and your mobo, card or other device will die without any arc marks or obvious signs of sabotage. (Igniters make great spark plug testers too if you shove them into a spark plug boot then tape the ground wire around the outside of the boot so it will be close enough the the plug shell to arc.
>>
Buy a $5 stun gun and use on mobo
>>
>>1112607

For this one just strap a dildo (or even an electric toothbrush) on HD and run a defrag.
>>
>>1112637
That would work fine too, same theory as grill igniter.
>>
why?
>>
>>1109087
buy a stun gun and just touch it to diff parts of the mobo and click it
>>
>>1109087
Take the spacers out from under the motherboard and put the mother board back in and turn on the pc.
>>
>>1112703
Might not work, I've had multiple friends not heed my warning about installing the spacers, build the whole computer, try to boot it up, realize they fucked up, and take it apart to install spacers. Works fine after they're installed.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.