[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up my motherboard trying to use two fonts. Now this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: closeupmotherboard.png (497KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
closeupmotherboard.png
497KB, 1366x768px
I fucked up my motherboard trying to use two fonts. Now this happened (pic related). Do you guys think I can fix it or pay to get this fixed or a new one is the only solution?
>>
>>1109007
....two fonts? Like.. typefaces?
>>
>>1109007
>I fucked up my motherboard trying to use two fonts
that's quite an achievement

who knows what else the burned trace took with it, replace the motherboard.
>>
>>1109009
It will took a week to get a new am3 motherboard here. What a great town...
>>
File: fonte.jpg (94KB, 1280x790px) Image search: [Google]
fonte.jpg
94KB, 1280x790px
>>1109008
Sorry, I messed up with the words.
I meant two of these pic related.
>>
If u have soldering iron, then just resolder the trace via wire.If you dont ,the do this:
Take a wire,then wrap one end around the start of the end of the capacitor and the other glue it in a pad.If this wont work.U need to get a new motherboard .
>>
If u have soldering iron, then just resolder the trace via wire.If you dont ,the do this:
Take a wire,then wrap one end around the start of the end of the capacitor and the other glue it in a pad.If this wont work.U need to get a new motherboard . Good luck and patience OP
>>
>>1109013
Thanks!
>>
File: SPEC-4 new relay configuration.jpg (662KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SPEC-4 new relay configuration.jpg
662KB, 1600x1200px
Tell me if it works
>>
File: macgyver.jpg (99KB, 648x1152px) Image search: [Google]
macgyver.jpg
99KB, 648x1152px
>>1109018
I made this "gambiarra" and it worked. The motherboard seems to work fine. It powers the PC-Express and gives it video, but when I try to connect the HD the computer seems to not be strenghtful enough, then I tried to see what happened, the HD had burned as well. Oh man, this vacations are going from bad to badder...
>>
File: hdisdead.jpg (97KB, 648x1152px) Image search: [Google]
hdisdead.jpg
97KB, 648x1152px
>>1109018
>>1109037
The dead one.
>>
>>1109042
looks like a transient voltage suppressor sacrificed itself. desolder the TVS and see if starts up (it wont have protection but you may still be able to use it)
>>
>>1109007
>trying to use two fonts
was Comic Sans+Impact, yeah? That never works.
maybe take a break from 'fixing things' while you still got a roof there, an all - sometimes, a re-evaluation of priorites helps.
>>
File: frankenstein.jpg (49KB, 648x1152px) Image search: [Google]
frankenstein.jpg
49KB, 648x1152px
>>1109050
If he survives all this shit, I'll name him frankenstein and I'll make him this shell.

>>1109056
You figured it out! Comic Sans + Impact, I was making some fresh new memez, and boom.
>>
>>1109007

With enough time and money you can fix anything, it just comes down to your skill level and what your time is worth. I personally am not a pixie wrangler, but it looks to me like you just popped a vein instead of rupturing and organ. It's already fucked down, might as well try dropping a glob of solder on it and see if she churns over. If you can't fix it, who cares you would have had to have bought a new one anyways. At least you gave her what for.
>>
>>1109067
Wise words.
>>
>>1109011
Get an am3+ board, they support am3 cpu's.

if you drive to your nearest computer superstore / microcenter equivalent, they should have them there.
>>
>>1109111
I went everywhere today, on my lunchtime. I found a place that delivers tomorrow, but with a really high price.
>>
>>1109007

Replace both capacitors and retrace the path with sodder.

If that doesn't work you are fucked motherboards these days are sandwiches with layers you cant see and wont be able to fix at all.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.