[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

selecting an ozone generator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: ozone.jpg (123KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ozone.jpg
123KB, 1200x1200px
after years of fapping my room stinks to high heaven so bad my eyes water and i get headaches. i have cleaned out all the rubbish but short of washing all my books and electronics down with disinfectant theres nothing much i can do. i read a comment from a man who bought a car someone had decomposed in and an ozone generator took the smell away. can anyone recommend something cheap and functional?
>>
Ozium. Candle.
>>
I got a used 15,000 volt neon sign transformer from eBay and made a fucking huge Jacob's ladder.
The spark gap starts at about 3/4" and spreads to at least 3 inches at the top and is about 3 feet tall.
That motherfucker generates a shit ton of ozone.
>>
>>1108732
Ozone generators cause lung problems
>>
>>1108733
>Ozium
got a link? all i see are aerosols and gels. i do see smokers candles for sale.
>>1108737
I know it's bad but ill just leave it going in the day when i'm not there and the air would have replenished through the window.
>>
>>1108736
high voltage diy is a bit beyond me.
>>
Not op but anyone know how to get Ozium in the UK?
>>
>>1108732
if your room is filled with cum, no amount of ozone will make it go away
>>
>>1108747
it's not. i always used tissues and was quite fastidious about trashing them.
>>
>>1108750
then why the fuck does your room stink
>>
>>1108756
I had many fevers and flus so I assume the sweat condensate has permeated every surface.
>>
>>1108761
Post several pictures of your room for assessment
>>
>>1108763
thanks but no thanks senpai
>>
>>1108764
no one can help you then
>>
>>1108732
Has anyone ever made an ion generator?
>>
>>1108781
ion is not ozone
>>
Don't kill yourself bro https : //learn.allergyandair . com/ozone-generators/
>>
>>1108732
>Ozone

Ozone is O3 and is only formed when there is enough energy to break the normal O2 and bind three together instead.

An easy way of doing that is via high-voltage electrical sparks.

In normal microwaves you'll find a transformer connected to a capacitor and a diode configured as a voltage doubler, if you take those out as-is, create a spark-gap between the 2 output terminals and blow some air on the spark gap you will have an ozone generator.

Beware though, the transformer will heat quite a lot so I suggest you have another fan pointing directly at it. I also suggest you ballast it (ie- limit its power), an easy way to do that is to get an old tungsten filament light bulb (aka incandescent bulb or thomas edison bulb), I suggest getting like 2 or 3 200W light bulbs, connecting them in parallel then connecting them in series with the transformer inputs. Make sure to monitor the system from a safe distance to make sure it doesn't overheat.

Beware that this also produces toxic nitrogen oxides, which are far more dangerous than the O3.

It's OK to smell them for very short periods of time as no permanent harm will occur.

Don't touch the system while it's running, and if you must, then keep 1 hand behind your back and wear gloves. Touching with both hands will cause current to flow through your heart which can result in everything from instant death, to cardiac arrest to dying a slow, painful death as your heart stops knowing what to do next.

Don't forget to use a fuse.

You can find schematics of the setup I described online.
>>
BIGCLIVE.COM
>>
Just go get an ozone generator from an aquarium store. They're used with aquariums all the time.
>>
>>1108732
>>1109537
This, OP. It should look something like the image you posted, not the generators made for household use. I got such a generator on ebay a few years ago for under ten dollars from a hydroponics supplier.

To use, direct a small but reasonably powerful fan at it. This will disperse the ozone and help keep the corona discharge plate cool, both of which improve the ozone output and lifespan of the plate. Now, a generator like this in a small room will quickly build a lethal concentration of ozone. This is a good thing, since that's what it takes to actually remove smells. Do some math and hit your smelly room with 50ppm ozone for an hour, then let the room air out.
>>
Just open a fucking window.
>>
>>1108732
On the next sunny day, take as much of your things out doors and air them out.

Open windows, for now, and air the room. If you have carpet, steam clean it.

You can wipe down the walls with bleach and water.

wipe down everything you own with a disinfectant cleaner.

Clean is clean. It's not that difficult.

Take your bed outside too. Sunshine for at least an hour will help.
>>
>>1108732
Sodium Bicarbonate (sold as bread soda/baking soda, try East European shops for best value) absorbs odours. It's fairly inert, so just shake it all about and leave it overnight then vacuum it up.

A bowl of vinegar also helps. Again, East European shops are the cheapest, they use it to pickle stuff I assume.

Scented (and even unscented) candles are good. Oil vaporisers also. Also laundry freshener - you can get it in the likes of lidl dirt cheap.

Oust air freshener absorbs odours, so is also great. I recommend just spraying the whole can into a room and leaving it overnight, or popping a hole in the can with a knife and throwing it like a grenade and closing the door after you.

Also those air purifiers/ionisers you can get on amazon are fairly good, definitely worthwhile, and more or less maintenance free (you just wipe off the dirt every once in a while).
>>
>>1108732
Get a flyback transformer out of a CRT, build a driver for it, then use it to create arc. That should produce a lot of ozone.
>>
if you have carpet in your room, consider replacing. if you don't want to replace the carpet, rub coffee grounds into it and crank up the heat. even if you hate coffee it will be a much more pleasant smell. its how i got the smoke smell out of my car.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.