[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Build-A-Speaker Workshop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: speakeraxess.jpg (92KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
speakeraxess.jpg
92KB, 1000x1000px
so i need a speaker like pic related. if you know of one thats bigger, cheap and loud and a tube reccomend me otherwise heres the plan: so i could build one of these puppies buit ive never built a speaker before. i need adequate sound quality and it has to be a tube because im re skinning it to look like a soda can idk what parts i need or how to put it all together any /diy/ bros want to school me on how i can go about this. like i said decent size cuz its supposed to be an enlarged soda can but i need loud enough sound for out doors, few hours battery life and i would prefer to keep it no more than $50. i can fluctuate as necessary but that is ideal thanks dudes
>>
Well, I don't know much about actual speakers themselves, but I know you can get cheap Chinese boards that already have everything you need to make a BT speaker. Most of them that I've seen also come with a charging circuit for lithium batteries. For the body, I'd suggest PVC pipe. The ends would best be 3d printed. You can find models of soda cans online. Just cut off the too and bottom in whatever program and scale them to fit the tube. You could also add whatever connectors you need like power, aux in, buttons, and holes for lights. Pretty easy project that I've been thinking about myself.
>>
>>1108134
yeah the body will be no trouble im just worried about how to hook up speakers themselves to work
>>
also OP here, i dont need bluetooth or any of that jazz just an aux hookup is fine
>>
You'll want 1 or 2 full range drivers depending if you want to have sound coming out of one side of the tube or both, depending on what size you're looking to build I'd imagine you would be looking for a 6' or 8' cone. Within a $50 budget though idk about the sound quality of the driver, I'd spend a bit more if you want to ensure good parts and sound quality. As far as wiring it though, a driver only has a positive and negative contact so it's pretty easy to hook up.
>>
>>1108132
thrift a cheap stereo set, and scavenge the drivers. They are often dirt cheap and pretty good. I think you'd spend the most money on an amplifier and battery, which you'll probably need to buy new. Perhaps follow the other anon's advice about chinese boards.

Maybe you can scavenge a battery from something but I have no experience with that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.