[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot Arm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: s-l300.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
Hi /diy/!

I was building an arduino based, computer controlled robot arm back in 2016(mostly in February) similar to the one in the picture, but I lost interest when I realized that I have no idea what can/will I do with it.

What can I do with it?

my bad ideas:
-board games(implemented a few simple games with AI, but I lost interest since I can't win against an AI)
-Kitchen appliance like chopping carrot(not fast enough)
-buddy for my cat when I am not alone, pet him and stuff, but the cat is afraid of it
>>
give it a marker and a treadmill and you could have a shitty printer
>>
sex robot
>>
>>1107908
Yeah, I thought about that too, but the board rules said no sex toys.
Also I am afraid that it would crush my dick
>>
Why the sudden loss od interess, if u started it go on ahead and upgrade n update the software of an AI, u Said u already started scratchin IT for a board game, try to program IT for a knife fight training maybe or something, if i had knowladge to build something lile this PDF, IT would be in my arse already cleaning mi hemeroids
>>
>>1107915
Well I killed my computer and the arm in April by connecting 230V to the usb port(unintentionally, I wanted to control the power source with a relay, but it was a cheap one and fried everything). So I couldn't do it in the summer break. And I have exams too learn for so I couldn't do it ever since.

The AI project was around October when I had a little free time(beginning of the semester, no exams or projects to do).

It's more of a "I haven't restarted the project because I don't know what I am going to do with it". I got the spare parts in November for the arm and I haven't even assembled it
>>
Teach it to wash your dishes
>>
it's rather small like the arm of a 4-5 years old. I tried to build a bigger one, but the servos are weak for that
>>
Turn it into your personal barista.
Get it networked and you can order drinks remotely, and pick them up when they're ready.
>>
>>1107902
high cost, passive, dust collection device.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
Chess.com has daily chess challenges. They also have a developer API. You could use the arm for that and you'd get to use it every single day.
>>
>>1108052
There are better ways to do that. 12V pumps are dirt cheap(7$ each). Simply put a tube into every base liquid connect each to a pump. Activate the ones you need for the drink.

I used a similar machine to create an automatic tea maker
>>
>>1107909
Neither of those two concerns stopped the other guy.
>>
>>1108114
what other guy? I am new to this board, or even 4chan(I have been here for 2 months, but mainly /b/, and /pol/)
>>
>>1107909
It doesn't have to do anything with your dick, make it so it grabs dildos and shove them inside you ;^)
>>
>>1108116
Guy had a 6-axis industrial arm and attached a fleshlight to it.
He hasn't posted recently, assumptions are that he has died due to massive blood loss.
>>
>>1108109
I've wanted to do something similar. How do you move dry tea leaves with a pump? Unless you mean it pumps honey, milk, and sweetner.
>>
>>1108116
>assumed /diy/ would be a huge inbound vector for newfags and normalfags
>I was right
This board is cool but god damn is it cancer.
>>
>>1107902
Calculate the inverse kinematics necessary to calculate the axis angles to reach a point in space.
Most processors I think I'm right in saying that arduino runs on don't have hardware for math much past maybe a multiplier so write your own floating point routines. Then what? An AI? Lot of pish what does an arm need AI for? Do you really even know what you mean by AI? Put it on wheels or tracks and get it to drive around the room. Some sonar or lidar for SLAM will keep you busy. Automatic recharging station will keep your new friend alive by itself. Then a camera is the next obvious step, bit of image processing there are plenty of openCV examples to get you started.
Now you have a robot capable of picking up all of your cum filled socks from behind your bed.
Only thing left to do is IoT your washing machine so it can wash them once its picked them up.
>>
>>1108528
But he got here from b and pol
>>
>>1108512
Well, it's in beta, so I just put manually the spoon, the sugar, and the tea in the cup.

>>1108545
As I said, it's computer controlled. The arduino interprets what the computer sends and commands the servos.
The "brain" of the program is a c# app, I was building.

Standard board game AI, not AI AI. Implemented with minimax and such.

I like the idea of making it mobile, but still no practical uses. I don't cum into socks.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.