[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Putting hot water in a spray paint can?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: spray paint.png (86KB, 293x500px) Image search: [Google]
spray paint.png
86KB, 293x500px
For a project I need to create a rechargeable aerosol can that can shoot out HOT water from it's tip. I'm preferably going to use a spray paint cap. (it also needs to be rechargeable) Is there any way this could be accomplished?
>>
Answer not available at this time. Please purchase a 4chan gold membership to view this response.
>>
Put an air zerk fitting on the bottom of the can. Then use air compressor or pump that will fill with water and air
>>
File: solo 418 sprayer.jpg (19KB, 425x500px) Image search: [Google]
solo 418 sprayer.jpg
19KB, 425x500px
>>1107640
Why don't you just buy one of these?

>fill with hot water
>pump 30 or so times
>?????
>profit
>>
>>1107650
Think pressure washer wand or paint sprayer
>>
>>1107640
Not sure how hot the plastic parts in these can handle, but I use Misto spray cans becuse I can refill them myself for other stuff.

http://www.misto.com/
>>
>>1107651
It has to feel and spray like a normal can of spray paint
>>
>>1107640
Kind of defies thermodynamics. The water would have to be so hot that you couldn't hold the can if you want it to come out still warm/hot.
>>
>>1107657
There's a problem, then. Water cools as it evaporates. Aerosols have such a large surface area to volume ratio that they reach equilibrium with air almost immediately. No matter how hot the water in the can is, it will only be HOT immediately outside the nozzle, and it won't be warm for long. What's the project?
>>
>>1107660
Yes I understand that there's a lot of issues concerning that aspect which is why I'm asking here. I'm trying to make a thermocolor board where I could practice spray painting on. The small droplets of water would come out like spray paint and on to the canvas to create a temporary mark.
>>
Maybe try another way:
Warm board and cold water?
>>
>>1107669
Warm board?
>>
>>1107671
Heat up the thermocolor board, and practice spray painting with cool water to produce color changes.
>>
File: oil pan heater.jpg (111KB, 1600x913px) Image search: [Google]
oil pan heater.jpg
111KB, 1600x913px
>>1107669
This would probably be a lot easier.

You could use something like an oil pan heater to keep your work surface hot and spray the cold water on it.
>>
>>1107674
I'm planning that the surface will be more than a meter wide.
>>
>>1107676
Buy more heaters?
>>
>>1107676
At some point you might consider whether just painting on newsprint is cheaper / less hassle.
>>
Why not just go to home depot and buy a large sheet of plywood, cover it in large sheets of construction paper you can get at Walmart, and using that so it's even reusable.
>>
You could have an oxygen tank and a hydrogen tank. Ignite the two gasses as they pass the nossle and there you have your hot water.

To get volume of water you keep the two gasses very compressed and have a nice mixing chamber. That also gets your water more hot.

If you want to get rid of the emissions from when the gasses ignite have an ignition chamber and then use the exhaust to spray.

I think your biggest issue in all of this is the high pressure nature I suspect you need to get a satisfactory result. And that your aerosol can doesn't have enough room for a dyi design.
>>
>>1107661

So do it the other way around, spray something which evaporates fast to cool the board instead.

You can also heat the board if necessary.
>>
File: 71efS+laBvL._SL1500_[1].jpg (120KB, 1027x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71efS+laBvL._SL1500_[1].jpg
120KB, 1027x1500px
>>1107640
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Refillable+Multipurpose+Aerosol
>>
Thanks for all the suggestion! This is helping me a lot to get on tracks with my project.
>>
Weld an aerosol cap to a thermos flask?
>>
Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just buy a few cans of spray paint and practice with those?
>>
>>1107643
Kek
>>
File: image.jpg (583KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
583KB, 1536x2048px
Here's some ideas, hope this helps
>>
>>1107813
Thanks! Yeah!
>>
>>1107813
welding that nut to an aerosol and pressurizing it will kill or maim you
>>
>>1107835
That's also convenient
>>
>>1107659
Was coming here to say this. When the water comes out the surface area per mass ratio is high per droplet. This means it will lose heat fast.

Tldr, can't because physics bro.
>>
>>1107640
Preval Paint Sprayer system

Look it up
>>
>>1107661
>Yes I understand that there's a lot of issues concerning that aspect which is why I'm asking here.
>Look, I get that there are problems because I couldn't figure it out myself, but you guys are supposed to be the experts so do my homework for me.

Why are you wasting your time with a rechargeable scalding water aerosol can when you could be working on the ultimate DIY - the stepless staircase shoes.

If you glue boards to the bottom of your shoes and then walk you will increase your altitude, doing away with any need for ladders, escalators, elevators, ropes, etc.
>>
File: niccagememedamnlol.jpg (20KB, 590x421px) Image search: [Google]
niccagememedamnlol.jpg
20KB, 590x421px
>>1107813
>>1107815
>>
>>1108292
>Preval Paint Sprayer
Most of the reviews on Home Depot look fabricated. That's cause for concern.
>>
File: received_740527039429746.jpg (41KB, 1391x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_740527039429746.jpg
41KB, 1391x2048px
>>1107640
I'm not home right now but here you go. Drawn on my phone. Simply heat the can and out comes the hot water.
>>
>>1107640
You know what happens to aerosol cans when you heat them up? They fucking explode. Heat. And. Aerosol. Don't. Mix.

>>1108536
This will make it blow up, causing a ruined canister, as well as possible steam burns and shrapnel.
>>
>>1109029
pussy
>>
>>1107640

>Take spray paint can
>empty can
>drill hole small hole in bottom
>clean out can well
>fill bottom with weld
>drill bottom
>tap bottom
>invert can
>fill 3/4 with hot water
>install air valve
>pressurize

Bonus points for nesting a smaller can inside a bigger one with some insulation to keep your hot water hotter longer. Figure out how do that on your own.
>>
>>1107676

Cover the back in something thermally conductive? You would even get a cool radiating effect from the heat source of you wanted to.

Now the question for /diy/ that I can't answer myself, does heat move faster through steel with the grain as compared to against it, or is heat transfer uniform through steel?
>>
Water dont compress, air do, but you need a much more solid can as a spray can will rupture in your hand with the required pressure.

LIMITED heat might work for a second or to max, but is even more dangerous and hot to hold.

A CO2 canister (the ones for sparkling water) might work and would be safer, would require an internal mechanism and a watertight membrane. A balloon of water inside a hardened container with co2 canister would be my bet.

Either way you'll need a more robust container with a screw-on end, and make it look like a aerosol. The amount of water would be limited also.

Best of luck! :-)
>>
>For a project I need to create a rechargeable aerosol can that can shoot out HOT water from it's tip.

No, you don't. You are bullshitting stupidly. You don't need to use an aerosol can and you are just babbling like other trollposters. KYS you lazy non-Googling piece of shit.
>>
>>1107661
Just use a paint spray gun with hot water. Harbor Freight has everything you need. Heat water in another container then pour into a top feed HVLP gun as needed.
>>
>>1109098
Heat transfer is just quick-moving atoms speeding up the atoms touching them. Grain should have nothing to do with it.
>>
If you fill it with alcohol instead of water, you got one part of a flamethrower.
>>
>>1107640

Stretch a thin sheet of dyed fabric which darkens with moisture over a frame. Fill a reloadable spray can with water. Spray "canvas", let dry between uses.

Not only are you going to get a reusable surface to practice spraying, but you'll get an more accurate result since the porous fabric will bloom similarly to a majority of sprayed surfaces.
>>
>hot water
>spray can cap
>thermodynamics
>adiabatic process
No.
>>
>>1107657
You mean aside from being hot as a cup of coffee?
>>
File: 1483995276761911659977.jpg (1MB, 2144x3808px) Image search: [Google]
1483995276761911659977.jpg
1MB, 2144x3808px
Figured it out over lunch, use a piston inside with a spring to push the piston up. Figure out max pressure of the spray nozzle, and find a spring supplies a luttle bit less than that. Add how water, bam.
>>
OP if you rub your hands up and down the side of the spray can friction will eventually heat up the water until it is hot. Best of all, you only need your hands to warm it up.
>>
>>1108536

That's actually brilliant.
>>
File: steam-wand.png (35KB, 230x135px) Image search: [Google]
steam-wand.png
35KB, 230x135px
>>1107640
So... a steam cleaning wand?
>>
>>1112108
Dont forget o ring
>>
>>1107640
velve on the bottom of can, inlet with a stopper on the top, refil water into inlet, close inlet, make a presuure into can with pump for bike, profit.
>>
>>1112411
something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncHL_2Qeapo&hd=1
please welcome ;)
>>
>>1112108

Is this now a physics troll thread?
>>
>>1112478
How is it wrong? Its basically a squirt gun shoved into a can
>>
>>1112490
Build it. That will shut you up since you can't see the fail.

If you want to spray hot water, the previous spray solutions with standard and HVLP guns, both available from Harbor Freight, will work.
>>
Get one of these

Sprays out steam

https://m.lowes.com/pd/AutoRight-SteamMachine-Automotive-Steam-Cleaner/1000120317?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA_ONLY-_-Kitchens-_-FloorCareAndRentals-_-1000120317:AutoRight&CAWELAID=&kpid=1000120317&CAGPSPN=pla&k_clickID=8d3f180e-5eb2-489a-8934-af2305f1bdb8
>>
I think hot air would have the same effect use a hair dryer
>>
>>1113046
Im not op so i dont give a shit about building it. I dont see anything wrong with it, yet you still insist its wrong without any evidence. Fuck off to /b/ if you're just going to be shitposting
>>
>>1113068
Conservation of energy is a thing. No, I'm not doing your homework for you. You just randomly made shit up. If you don't KNOW a solution will work, don't post random shit you make up. There is zero excuse for not thinking shit through when you have the internet at your fingertips.
>>
>>1107813
couldnt you just fill by removing valve core?
>>
>>1107657

there are refillable sprays for the kitchen that have a similar action to a spray paint can

http://gadgetsforthekitchen.com/the-orka-oil-mister-has-hot-competition
>>
>>1107661

So, you want to practice on something that'll revert back to normal in time.

Get some panels of "magic paper", aka calligraphy practice paper. Looks very dark when wet, dries back to normal.

You don't need to heat it up then.

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Advantage-0299-02-Brushstroke-Paper/dp/B0027ACAZO/

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Calligraphy-Practice-Character-Alignments/dp/B0063UABC8

etc etc etc
>>
>>1114570
So, basically, you're under the impression that the fill would be accomplished without any added pressure, just the weight of the water. I'm not saying you're retarded, but I am saying you made me post.

...Coz you're retarded.

Still, I bet getting the piston to fit properly so the water doesn't leak over time would be hard af.
>>
>>1107640
>For a project I need to create a rechargeable aerosol can that can shoot out HOT water from it's tip
Translation: sadistic manchild wants this so he can go out at night and give solitary women burn wounds.
>>
The water will not only lose heat because of the high area, but also because of the pressure drop. A scuba tank at 200 bar will freeze shut if you just open the valve. I do that sometimes for maintenance. Makes a hell of a noise.

>>1112393
underrated post
>>
Add sodium. That seems like the smart thign to do
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.