[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY chin-up/dip station.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: barpark1.jpg (29KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
barpark1.jpg
29KB, 720x540px
How would a DIY newbie/retard go about making something like pic related except in the grass?
>>
>>1107090
The exact same way, but in grass.
>>
probably just better off and going out and buying one. Theyre pretty cheap these days and plus will probably have various handles and grips so you can switch up your workouts from time to time. Good luck in the new year brother.
>>
>>1107090
dig a hole, put in the post, pour concrete into hole, the end
>>
>>1107097
I was originally looking at buying a chin-up station from one of those fitness sites but most aren't waterproof and will rust if left outside plus I would like to build some DIY skills.
>>
>>1107103
fair enough, well basically you just copy what you see in your image if it meets all your needs. if you dont wanna cement into the ground, mimic the setup in this image. really all you need is strong timber that'll hold your weight, screws, a drill, and metal rods. home depot should have all you need.
>>
>>1107107
forgot image, sorry.
>>
>>1107099
Digging a hole with a post holer (two long handled spoons with scissor action) or an auger (big screw) makes the job much easier and reduces the amount of concrete you have to pour in.
In most places soaking the wood in w bucket of used engine oil is completely illegal and the environment protection agency will bend you over backwards and ream out your arsehole until it resembles a clowns pocket, but it will protect the posts from rotting away immediately.
A spoonful(shovelfull) of gravel in the bottom will help water drain better and stop it rotting the post. Then post and concrete. They make ready made postcrete for fencing, if you dug out with a spade expect to use at least one bag per post. Post holer you can get away with one bag for two posts but penny saved or some shit I can't remember but don't skimp. Anyway thanks to the seasons changing the post will shrink and grow at a different rate to the post. Haunching the concrete is supposed to stop water getting trapped inside the concrete shoe but imo that's bullshit, a spoonful of gravel will stop the water running down into the gap in the first place. A post level is very cheap but very useful for getting it plum. You can hammer in stakes to support it while the concrete sets but a few idiots will do in a pinch. Unless there's a tornado the post won't fall down on its own before the concrete fully goes off after a few days.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.