[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Studio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: the power is yours.jpg (15KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
the power is yours.jpg
15KB, 320x238px
Have an Audio Technica at4033a, Focusrite ISA one preamp, and a presonus Audiobox USB interface. Was wondering how best to set up my equipment. Pic unrelated.
>>
File: Cable_Isolators3_1024x1024.jpg (62KB, 1024x557px) Image search: [Google]
Cable_Isolators3_1024x1024.jpg
62KB, 1024x557px
One of the first things you should invest in is some ceramic cable elevators to separate your cables from harmful surface coupling. These should be placed every foot along a cable and cost only $20 each, a real bargain for anyone who even remotely cares about sound quality.
>>
File: mikro-pebbles[1].jpg (28KB, 510x342px) Image search: [Google]
mikro-pebbles[1].jpg
28KB, 510x342px
>>1106827
If you aren't using Brilliant Pebbles then you might as well be listening to your favorite songs while a blender is running. They are an absolute steal at $29.
>>
>>1106830

Top kek
>>
>>1107402
Mock all you like, but unlike some audiophile tweaks which require "golden ears" to appreciate or a "magic ring" to use, Cable Elevators are easy to use, require no burn-in time and have an immediate effect on the system. Even in a modest cheap as stale fucking cheese in the "now buy it, or we bin it" supermarket shelf system, the first and most noticeable improvement is in the midrange; it's as if the system took a decongestant, or some shit. Improvements in midrange clarity, bloom, presence, smoothness and coherency are instantly noticeable. Like, totally, dude. After the shock of this improvement settles in, the next most noticeable improvement is in the treble, with greater air, extension, space and sweetness. I could literally sit and lick these fuckers all day, that sweet. Bass also becomes tauter, tighter, deeper and more defined. Imaging and soundstaging are also greatly improved, revealing more depth and nuance from every recording. You can nuance around all day with these, np. I even have a spare pair Cable Elevators handy for my $10 ear buds, and, if the cable for these wasnt broken and had I not spent all my cash on deformed bowling balls and could afford a $5 solder iron and 50c worth of shrinktube; why, I am sure the tonal quality differences even here would be immeasurable, just from having Cable Elevators in the same room.
>>
>>1107410
I one knew a guy that had cable elevators. He used them to keep the cable off the floor between speaker wire jack inside the wall and the speaker itself. I pointed out it basically did no good because he still had a ton of wire in the wall but he totally didn't understand what I was talking about. He still swore it improved the sound quality. I find that is typical with most audiophiles.

He also swore up and down that they were better "insulators" than the old telegraph insulators you can get at an antique store for a dollar but could never explain why. Something else typical of most audiophiles.
>>
>>1106827
Plug the preamp into the microphone then run the XLT cable from the USB port into your ass.
>>
>>1106827
Well if you have a daw like Sonar or Logic Pro you can choose what interface you're using to record. I have Reaper because it's free and it is only limited by the quality of vst effects. (Eq, virtual instruments, modulators, and etc.)

Basically just plug it in like any hardware and run the driver disc. On Reaper you can go to the upper right and click ASIO to choose what you're recording with.

I taught myself a lot and it is very self-explanatory if you just screw with it for a while. Learn some vocabulary associated with recording too as you go.
>>
>audiophiles are stupid meme
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.