[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a gingerbread man duct taped to the top of my tree as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (300KB, 435x614px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
300KB, 435x614px
I have a gingerbread man duct taped to the top of my tree as a tree topper this year, and I'd like to permanently preserve it to hopefully re-use for a few years to come because it has some sentimental value.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can best achieve this? It seems like the best option would be UV sensitive resin, but that seems like something that's easy to fuck up if you don't know what you're doing. It also seems to come out looking really cloudy and terrible in a lot of the youtube videos I've seen.

Another important detail is that the cookie is cracked so anything that would add some strength and hold it together would be a huge plus. Otherwise I'd just use some acrylic spray to seal it up and call it a day.
>>
>>1106018
The first step is to put it in an air tight plastic container with some damp rid. Don't let it touch any damp rid though. After a couple of days it will be bone dry and ready to seal with the coating of your choice. Having *any* moisture in it before you seal it will destroy it over time.
>>
>>1106024
For sure, I was gonna do that or cure it in a dehydrator. That could be risky with the icing though.
>>
>>1106025
My only other advice would be use some kind of spray to coat it, and do a whole bunch of very very light coats.
>>
>>1106018
I'd dry it in the oven, or dehydrator, then coat with something like modge podge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xZBGcO10zo&hd=1

I don't know about trying a resin of some kind; a vacuum might crush it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Wb7FpR-kk
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.