[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coffee machine repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: coffee.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
So I'm trying to repair a cheap generic brand espresso machine, it's unlikely I'll be able to order spare parts.
Basically, there's only three buttons on the machine; a power button that starts the heat; a button to start the water flow for coffee and a button to start the steam for the milk frother.
Whenever the button for coffee is pressed, steam comes out of the frother instead.
I assume the things I've circled in blue are solenoids for opening the valves (They're screwed onto the large metal but are just sitting on the surface of it with some white grease under them) and the connections circled in green are the heating element.

Anyone have any pointers?
>>
Buy a new one
>>
>>1105955
Well, the guts of the machine didn't change by themselves. It sounds like you just aren't familiar with how this particular model works.

The steam for the coffee and the steam for the milk both come from the same water resivour. I've seen a lot of cheap machines where you need to close off some kind of valve on the milk steamer before the steam will go through the coffee. If the only way to turn off the milk steamer is with a solinoid, and you're sure that you understand how to do that on this machine, and it's not working, then you either need a new solinoid or you need to figure out a way to permanently shut that solinoid off.

Just be absolutely certain that you know how this machine is supposed to work, and that there aren't any hidden knobs or dials, before you remove the first screw. This machine may not actually need any 'fixing'.
>>
>>1105955
The things circles in blue aren't solenoids, they're probably thermal fuses. One of them is probably a safety fuse, the other is for regulating temperature.
>>
>>1106175
not fuses. just thermostats. One typically set for ~100C, the other for ~140C.
>>
File: 1480597995501.gif (534KB, 250x144px) Image search: [Google]
1480597995501.gif
534KB, 250x144px
>>1105965
>resivour
Comes from Latin, reserve, as in you have a reserve of water in your reservoir.
>>
Blue circles are thermostats.

Blue wire goes to the main coffee element.
Where does the bright red one go?

The thermal fuse is probably in the white sleeve under the blue circles.

Repaired a lot of coffee makers but never seen one with steam extras.
The coffee part usually has a one-way valve that get clogged with deposits.
Have you ran vinegar through it?
(not sure if that applies on that maker)
>>
Turns out that the water for the coffee comes through a valve with a ball and spring so needs to have a fair bit of pressure.
It couldn't reach the required pressure as an O-ring had broken in the valve that controls the milk frother steam (valve could be manually turned by the user).
I just removed the milk frother section cause no one uses it anyway and it's working fine now.

Cheers for the help
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.