[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beard Oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

Good day any beard oil lads out there? I use quite a few different beard grooming items. They are fantastic but I am looking into purchasing oils and making my own beard oils with intent to distribute and sell.

Anybody make their own?
>>
Never tried it myself, but look into extraxting essential oils, and get some ideas of what oils you like in your face mane. Personally i like lemongrass.
>>
I removed my post because i don't want you profiting from my discovery. If it were for personal use that should be different
>>
>>1105924
fag
>>
>>1105925
Long hair don't care
>>
>>1105874
i usually start with a base of about 50/50 jojoba and coconut oil. then just add whatever essential oils i like. lately iv just been adding peppermint. keep it simple.
>>
>>1105874
I just rub in the fat from my greasy cheesburger.
>>
>>1105874
That's disgusting.>>1105924
>>
>>1105874
Fuck you

Fuck you with a big fucking rake

It's true that most people on /diy/ come here asking about work related issues but asking for/diy/ to help you with the nuanced different techniques of drilling masonry is than asking/diy/ to do all the work for you. Do you see chefs going to /ck/ and asking them to make the entire menu for their restaurant?
>>
>>1105874
The beard craze has started to die down
You are about 3 years too late
>>
>>1106022
Sounds about right for this shitlord OP that can't even find the business board.
>>
I warm coconut oil into a liquid and add a bit of essential oil. It hardens back into a solid which I use a small moustache comb to peel out bits that I then comb into my beard and moustache after my morning shower. It keeps my facial hair moist but does little to straighten it so if that's what you want, you'll likely need to go with a commercial formulation that features a kind of relaxer.
>>
>>1106012
Jesus calm down you mong, he didn't ask anyone to "do all the work for him," he just asked if anyone has attempted it and is trying to gauge the difficulty of doing so
>>
>>1106388
It's exactly what he asked. He doesn't want to do the work of formulating a recipe, he wants to steal other people's recipes and sell it as his own
>>
I have a big bead and the only shit I use it's shampoo, what do oils do anyway?
>>
>>1106012
Assuming I am looking for work as somebody unemployed. I own a IT company, this will be a side project to cater to my needs and needs of people I know looking for cheaper but good quality oils. Im no poor fag, just asking for advice, thats what DIY is for isn't it?

>>1105924
Don't wanna help and share? Fine, your choice, very unpolite but choice nonetheless

>>1106022
"Beard Craze" usually a statement from somebody that cannot grow one.

>>1105934
>>1106366
Thank you for not being a cunt

>>1106388
Thank you for not being a cunt x2

>>1106391
Hahaha I love this, I have my own recipes already complete and tested. My main focus was to inquire about various types of bottle choices; pros & cons and pipette sizes but you had to rush to conclusions.

>>1106402
Beard oil moisturizes facial hair and the skin beneath. Oils, balms & waxes keep the beard looking fresh, neat and clean, prevents beardruff, makes it smell good and promotes further beard growth
>>
>>1106012
Calm down Mr. X.
>>
>>1105874
FUCK OFF BACK TO R3DDIT YOU PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>1106525
I don't and never have used Reddit but thanks for the invite
>>
>>1106427
>Hair oil moisturizes facial hair and the skin beneath. Oils, balms & waxes keep the hair looking fresh, neat and clean, prevents hairdruff, makes it smell good and promotes further hair growth
Snakeoil

I had a long beard myself for years. I just used shampoo just like on my head and guess what? It grew perfectly fine.

All that oil is just some crap to steal money out of hipster pockets (what I'm fine with btw)
>>
>>1106427
>"Beard Craze" usually a statement from somebody that cannot grow one.

Thats a really weird assumption
Its also weird that you would ignore how many people had a beard 3-4 years ago, and how many of them have shaved it now that it has been commercialized as fuck.

Hipsters are a weird bunch
>>
>>1106636
this, 100%
>>
File: Z_q5rxmcpEx_[1].jpg (14KB, 274x450px) Image search: [Google]
Z_q5rxmcpEx_[1].jpg
14KB, 274x450px
i use a good 40 weight motoroil on mine.
>>
>>1106427
>>1106636
A beard is just a corset or heavy make up for men with weak chins or hideous faces. Usually donned by fat white people or just fat people.

>On topic
Coconut oil
>>
>>1106677
I used to have a goatee
I only kept it because I was fat and it helped hide my pudgy face.

Once I lost all my weight I shaved it off
>>
File: nu male.jpg (138KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
nu male.jpg
138KB, 1200x630px
>>1105874
>beard oil
Don't you have to take care of your wife's son while she goes on a date with Tyrone?
>>
>>1106029
To be fair, /biz/ shaves, while /diy/ is likely to know beards.

>>1106677
My woman said coconut oil was bad for beards though?
>>
>>1106603
Proof you have no understanding of essential oils and what they do. Did you know that essentials oils you use for your beard can treat people who suffer from eczema? No you didn't because you think its Snake Oil & only hipsters have beards.

That the thing about todays culture, label everything you dont like

>>1106636
People had a beard 3-4 years ago lol as if that is the dawn of beard growth and death of it, simpleton

>>1106677
You need to get out more

>>1106685
Good for you utilizing the beard to hide your fat, not really the main use but happy you lost weight, all the best to your health

>>1106687
Not married, got no kids, think you are confusing your life with mine. Say Hi to Tyrone when he tucks you in tonight xoxo

>>1106724
Il look into the properties of coconut oil seeing that it comes up a lot
>>
File: 1435707850626.png (231KB, 539x474px) Image search: [Google]
1435707850626.png
231KB, 539x474px
>>1106677

Well, good thing they can hide their fat. It's a shame that there isn't any way to hide your stupidity though.
>>
>>1106902
>lol as if that is the dawn of beard growth and death of it, simpleton

It was a short lived bubble.
You missed it, its burst already. Trying to start a commercial endeavor during a downtrend in your market that is pretty saturated at this point?

Good luck I guess
>>
>>1106902
>Proof you have no understanding of essential oils and what they do.

Snake oil salesman who get idiots like you to pay a huge amount of money for them.
They are fucking scum. I dont really care that they swindle the likes of you, but they then proceed to prey on people with incurable and debilitating illnesses too.
Not only that, most of the essential oil brands use pyramid schemes to sell it.
Most of the people who sell the shit because they cant afford to buy it outright at its highway robbery prices.

Go on and tell me how rubbing essential oils on the bottom of my feet every night will alleviate painful symptoms from cancer.
>>
>>1106908
Yeah statement I made stands even more evident after reading yours.

>Proof you have no understanding of essential oils and what they do.

Speaker of markets of the world? Need to apply for a job at the IMF. Might be dead by you but unlike there, where I am from, we aren't whiny hipster fags nor babies that moan about everything.

>>1106912
The most flawed argument with a rebuttal ever come across in my life.

Comparing essentials oils that actually have medicinal properties to Snake Oil, comparing a product you can buy with ease like bread to a ponzi scheme and comparing this topic to cancer shows how stupid you are.

Know nothing about essentials oils cuz you have clearly never used them and some how you think you are a pro at discussing it. Guess what? I know absolutely fuck all about quantum physics, guess what I do? I shut the fuck up about it and I let the quantum physics pros hash all that jazz out but you were most likely raised to believe you are right about things you think of; well my dear friend there is a difference between personal opinion and fact, the problem is most people think their opinion is fact, well its not, and it wont be, ever unless you start to realize that what you think; you are wrong about. And theres nothing wrong about not knowing, thats how we all learn but Ego, ego prevents people from learning and growing

Study up on essentials oils, research what a ponzi scheme actually is and the origins of the Snake Oil method.

Eczema is also not cancerous just so that you know
>>
>>1106920
That sure is a long pretentious wall of text to try and justify the use of expensive and worthless alternative medicines.

The placebo effect is pretty strong, I guess to some people its worth paying for.
>>
>>1106912
I just use them to sint my tallow candles I make from beef fat. Tallow also makes a good base for creams. I've thought about using it as a base for a beard cream but think I'll just give myself zits, like every oil I've tried.

An alternative to beard oil, sell a shampoo and conditioner that doesn't break down natural hair oils.
>>
>>1106427
Cara to share one of said recipes with your fellow diy?
>>
>>1105874
Gayyyyyyy. Beards are for men. What youre showing me here is clearly not.
>>
>>1106922
Face it you got blown the fuck out by that guy.
>>
>>1106724
>My woman said coconut oil was bad for beards
What does she use in her beard?
>>
>>1106902
Tell me, if you rub oil into your beard, do you also rub oil onto your head?
If not: why not? How is the hair on your head different from your beard?
If yes: eww, greasy bastard
(I'll accept the excuse of being bald)

Before you get on your little soapbox again: I had a beard for years and it never needed anything stupid like oil. Just wash and comb it and it is fine.

Hipsters, fuck those newage hippies.
>>
>>1106933
>shampoo and conditioner that doesn't break down natural hair oils
Are you retarded? There would be no point. The oil is what makes you hair look greasy and dirty.
>>
>>1106902
>Not married, got no kids
Ah, so you're just an orbiter.
>>
Here's my recipe
>stop hating yourself
>leave Stacy alone, she's not interested.
>stop fapping so you don't get low test (probably too late for that one)
>start lifting weights
>read some books
>dress better
>shower
>shave the "beard"
>>
>>1106934

One of my recipes

1/4 Jobobo Oil
1/4 Sweet Almond Oil
x15 Drops of Cedar Oil
x5 Drops of Lavender Oil
x1 Drop of Eucalyptus Oil

I tend to mix up the last two with rosewood or pine needle

10 - 20ml

>>1106997
Head hair and beard hair not the same, like saying head hair is the same texture and thickness to pubic hair. Not bald BTW

>>1107000
>The oil is what makes you hair look greasy and dirty.

You have never used beard oil in all your life. It combats hair feeling and looking greasy. Actually glad you made that statement as it really shows you have no idea what you are talking about but still on it to prove yourself right for what reason, just ego

>>1107005
Once again we dont put labels on things we dont like. Been in a relationship for 6 years, future wifey

>>1107022
>I love myself, not too much to be pretentious and cunty such as yourself.
>Don't know who this Stacy is you dream of, she sounds pretty
>Unlike you I dont fap, I have a gf for that
>135ibs, little to no fat
>I actually collect books and read all the time, over 650 in my library, yours?
>I have a great dress code
>Twice a day
>Fuck your mum

xoxo
>>
>>1107445
>Head hair and beard hair not the same, like saying head hair is the same texture and thickness to pubic hair. Not bald BTW
I'm afraid to ask, but do you oil your privates' bush?
>>
>>1107452
I don't have any hair there sorry to disappoint, I shave it all
>>
>>1105874
bacon grease
>>
>>1107445
>135lbs
Like he said, lift some weights lmao.
>>
>>1107463

135 shredded moron LMFAO no clue about weight either, does anybody know anything on this board?
>>
>>1107482
do you even lift bro? 135 and your not just a spooky skeleton sure bud
>>
>>1107519
Clearly never seen a athletic 135 pounder

You need to get out more, specifically out mom and dads house
>>
Beard oil is really fucking easy to make. I stopped showering for about 6 months an once the oil started to really flow you get a "drip" that you can squeeze out daily. I call it beard juice. Gotten a half gallon of the stuff in the last two weeks so I'm on track for another gallon month. Fortunately I was blessed with extremely active sebaceous glands.
>>
>>1108462
Quality post. I lol'd.
>>
File: IMG_6320.png (650KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6320.png
650KB, 800x800px
Just look at whatever others are putting in their oil and copy it.

The only thing that matters is how it holds and how wet it looks.

All those essential oils can't alter genetics and won't make your beard thicker and longer.
Lots of claims and none of them proven like everything else that uses essential oils.
Its all snake oil. Your business will do better once you accept this.

My beard hair is thick and curly like pubes and even though the hairs are 9" or longer, it looks half its size unless I set it with some type of product.

I've been using commercial coconut oil based pastes for years. Palmer's brand.
They're for head not face hair but it works either way. There's nothing fancy in it. No magical unsubstantiated claims but it does the job.
And smells nice too.
>>
>>1106963
I'm just reading this thread because I read every thread in DIY and I'm calling samefag.
>>
>>1108928
hmm there really are black people on the internet
>>
>>1110088
I'm white though. My hair is straight.
Its just my beard thats super pubey.
>>
Olive oil, coconut oil, etc.

Its not hard or expensive and doesn't have to be done every day.
>>
File: LFH-42535-2[1].jpg (318KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
LFH-42535-2[1].jpg
318KB, 1600x1600px
>>1105874
Argan oil is the only thing I put in my beard. No strong smell and not too oily. 3 drops a couple times a week keeps it nice and moisturized.

All this other crap is just marketing BS, especially if it contains "essential oils" or some other snake oil ingredients.

If you're going to try to market it make sure your labeling says "Gluten Free" and "Organic" and "Non GMO". Suckers love that shit.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.