[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firewatch external frame backpack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Firewatch Krosna 1.png (854KB, 838x985px) Image search: [Google]
Firewatch Krosna 1.png
854KB, 838x985px
Fellow gents, I finished playing Firewatch yesterday and the only things I liked about it was the scenery and Henry's backpack. The closest resemblance of it seems to be ALPS Red Rock but the idiot inside me says that I should just make it by myself. If you have any XP on backpacksmithing or any tips I'd be happy to follow them
>>
File: Firewatch Krosna 2.jpg (56KB, 400x364px) Image search: [Google]
Firewatch Krosna 2.jpg
56KB, 400x364px
>>1105840
>>
File: Firewatch Krosna 3.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Firewatch Krosna 3.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>1105841
>>
>>1105840
You want it to be hard or just have this frame of metal?
If you want to have just the frame then I'd say go for savotta
http://finn-savotta.fi/en/kategoriat/bags/

I was going for the LJK when I was buying one as I used it in the army but I'm glad I didn't as it's too big. Even the 906 I got is usually too big for one weekend. But they are durable as shit and they have that sound of forest when there is a slight squeak ad the straps slightly move on the frame. Some people hate it, I love it!

But I bought mine 2002 and it's still going strong. Making a good backpack is hard and I bet you aren't going to find useful resources for that here as the main thing with one of these is comfort. You need outdoorspeoples to help you on that. Your backpack needs to be adjustable in the correct places to actually work. I have tweaked the fit on my during the years and also depending on the load of the backpack.
>>
i think the first thing should be to make a layout to cut in the textile of your choosing, by looking at it, it seems to be leather
>>
>>1105855
I already have a frame, ALU or dural - not sure about that. I'd like it to have this look so I guess I'll need some cardboard/plastic sheets covered by some dark yellow/orange waterproof cloth.
>>1105861
I think leather is only on the rims and mainly it consists of some polyester or waxed canvas or something
>>
>>1105840
It looks to be either leather or orange canvas lined with leather, either way just get a decent backpack with a frame, study how it attaches and works and build a backpack around it.
>>
I'm quite sure I won't be able to make those shoulder straps as soft as I need. I think I'll just take some from old backpack and color it.
>>
Also from the pictures it seems that the lid isn't covering the inside properly. I guess some rollbag or waterproof duffel should take care of it
>>
Curious bump
>>
This might be of some use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahExsx-hBsE
>>
>>1107830
well he said he wants some cloth. not solid plastic.
You could start here, OP https://blog.colettehq.com/projects/bag-making-supplies-and-resources
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.