[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HVAC problems. The thing wont shut off. I called HVAC company,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: blow me.jpg (79KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
blow me.jpg
79KB, 800x770px
HVAC problems. The thing wont shut off.

I called HVAC company, they said they wont diagnose it because the system is dirty (2 year old system). Cleaning is not covered under insurance, so they wanted 1000 to clean it. Told them to fuck right off. They countered with 500. I said I'll think about it. But they will fix it when it gets clean.

Mother calls HVAC company #2 and gets them to "clean" it for 120 bucks. They said there was nothing wrong with the system and it wasnt even that dirty.

Call company#1 back up and say "Here you go, fuckheads, we cleaned it. Now replace the broken parts" They say company #2 didn't do a good job, still the barrier of $500 cleaning before they diagnose it.

Mother caves, pays 500. Guy takes blower, has trouble removing fan from shroud, says he'll be back tomorrow. In the meantime he sprays coils with cleaner. The smell goes through the vents and all over the house, and the foam drains into our yard, killing some flowers. He also didnt clean where the shroud was, he only sprays the coils.

Week passes, no call. When we finally get ahold of him, he says "We'll be there between 9am and 1pm" He shows up at 2pm just to say "I forgot a part" and doesnt return until 5pm. Then, he simply places our blower motor which he took and kept for a week, back into its place. Only I notice that he replaced the motor, without giving us our old one. I assume he sold it to make a profit. While I try to watch over his back he says "You can't watch, youre becoming a liability."

He didnt do anything but spray the coils. The replacement motor is covered under warranty. Does this justify 500 dollars? What do I do?
>>
That hvac guy is a hack. Most likely a chain company that doesn't give a shit. Most Lilly the contactor arced and stuck I. The on position. So yes 500 bucks is excessive, should not be more than a 200 dollar job since it's not even an hour and a half.
>>
Did he at least kiss you before that fucking?
>>
>>1105792
$620 to 'fix' a 2 year old system?
first company says it has to be 'cleaned' first?
second says the same?

either you smoke like 20 packs a day or you got fucked hard.

there have to be more than 2 HVAC companies in that town. keep calling until you get one that gets to the point without a cleaning.
>>
Wont shut off? Did anyone look at the thermostat? Most typical thermostats have a fan switch (on/auto/off) if its in the on setting the fan/blower will run all the time to circulate the air.
>>
>>1105966
claimed they cannot do ANYTHING without cleaning it "properly"
>>
>>1105968
Sounds like code for "we know there's nothing wrong with it but we can't charge $500 for flipping a switch".
>>
File: capacitort.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
capacitort.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>>1105792
Im not OP, but I have an HVAC question too.

I have an old HVAC blower that I built into an air cleaner, but it struggles to start. I give it a push and it runs like a champ

Replacing the capacitor will fix this right?
Or is there something else to look at?

Will it hurt the motor to push start it with a bad cap?
>>
>>1106210
Yes, it's the cap.
No, it's fine to push start it. Make sure to remove fingers.
>>
>>1106210
it should fix it, if it doesn't you have the wrong cap
>>
File: Untitled.png (291KB, 1897x939px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
291KB, 1897x939px
>>1105968
Yea, buddy, you got fucked hard. You're retarded enough to have paid for it, and you're the type of person they prey on. Big deal.

For future reference, you can find diagrams online for fixing your own shit.
>Do I have power to my fan relay coil?
Yes - thermostat is asking for fan to run, diagnose that.
No - relay is bad. Stuck in position, contacts fused together.
>My fan isn't running. What do?
Verify coil is energized when called for. Looking for 24v ac.
Yes - check to see that voltage is at motor.
[--Yes - check motor overload if applicable. Reset and see if it happens again. Motor may be bad.
--No - relay may be bad. Contacts not closing.]
No - no request from thermostat. Unlikely, but you could also check your transformer. The transformer inside the air handler provides the thermostat with the 24v ac control voltage for any relays that turn heat, fans on/off.
>>
>>1106244
>How can I get colder A/C?
Clean your coils with a hose sprayer, a power washer works best. Don't bend the coils to shit. The better airflow you have, the colder the air.
>Anything else I can do?
Your car A/C gets colder when it rains, right? Try some water on your coils.
>But anon what about....
Change your filter
Clean your EVAP coils
Install a pea trap on your drain
Dip hot lines into water before they return to condenser
Clean the vents
Check to see if your fan has an optional high speed
>>
>>1106251
>Why doesn't my fridge get cold?
Your inside fan stopped working, coils are frozen
Your fan on the condenser coil stopped cooling the gas
The control board is fucked
The temp sensor isn't reporting
Refrigerant leaked
You blocked the hole from the freezer with a block of cheese
It's unplugged
>Why doesn't my hot water heater work?
Breaker tripped
Elements covered in lime
Elements failed
Contactor/relay failed
Thermostat failed

EVERYONE GO TEST YOUR PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE NOW

>B-but it's gas
Flame sensor is dirty
Ignitor isn't aligned
Gas valve failure
Pilot went out
Ignition board failure
Clogged burners/nozzles
>>
>>1106255
>My sink-
Clear drains with snake
Snake from your clean out
Valves under sink failed
O-rings in valves for hot and cold up top are worn
Plumbers putty has hardened/disappeared
Large drain nut under sink drains loose
Plastic nuts on white pipes loose
>My dog-
ATF shot him

There, all the basic questions in one thread. Now OP can fuck off in style.
>>
File: dogesnee.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
dogesnee.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>1106257
>>My dog-
>ATF shot him

Oh and OP, you got totally fucked
>>
OP here, thanks for replies. I now have video results of the job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6uaZD1tD64

is this acceptable?
>>
>>1105792
most newer furnaces will turn the blower on to alert the home owner that there is a problem.

you got rapped hard I hope you got a reach around while you got fucked in the ass.
>>
>>1105792

Usually it's around $165 per unit where it's just spray on the coils.
$20-$25 per vent using an air whip or pretty much a big shopvac.
Then they charge a service fee to travel.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.