[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings, My recessed lights keep falling. No matter how much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 20161210_195702(1).jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_195702(1).jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Greetings,

My recessed lights keep falling. No matter how much I turn it to stay up, it would not. I tried bending some of those metal clips out but problem is that there is nothing for the metal clip to hang up

Anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks,
>>
File: 20161210_195721.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_195721.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>
File: 20161228_193622-min.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161228_193622-min.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>
normally there are clips on the light that grip the housing. It looks like yours doesnt have them. Are they broken off?
>>
>>1105672
I'd have to see more of the housing. It looks like a pretty old light. You could maybe bend the metal bracket more.

You could always caulk the rim and press it up there.
>>
File: 20161228_212205.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161228_212205.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>1105678
>It looks like yours doesnt have them. Are they broken off?

I do not know. They might of always been like that

>>1105679
>I'd have to see more of the housing.

Attached is more of the housing.

>It looks like a pretty old light.

Its 7+ years old

>You could maybe bend the metal bracket more.

I tried that. There are two issues. 1. The metal bracket have nothing to hook up to on the base (Where the light itself is) 2. I'm afraid it might snap
>>
when i replaced one of my bulbs, i was surprised that someone had left the cardboard from a pack of cigarettes in the base. when i put it back on, it would fall unless i put the cigarette box back.
so, you probably need to add to the circumference.
>>
>>1105700
>put the cigarette box back.

thats ghetto as fuck. I like to do things the right way
>>
>>1105692
I think the metal bracket must just push against the light?

Pull it out just a smidge and shove it up there. I don't think there's any screwing.
>>
>>1105705
>Pull it out just a smidge and shove it up there.

I tried that buddy. I stays there for a couple of minutes (if that) and slips off
>>
File: TrimRingAndSocketToMe.jpg (509KB, 2658x800px) Image search: [Google]
TrimRingAndSocketToMe.jpg
509KB, 2658x800px
OP, looks to me like your trim ring is missing a piece.

Your pics aren't enough to say 100%, so try to determine with your own hands/eyes. For instance, does B2 actually stick out a bit?

I think that you are missing a piece on the trim ring, that would have been welded/glued at the green B, and broken off when someone forced it down. I think you are supposed to push trim ring up so that tab B2 would pass to the right of B on the trim ring, then rotate so that the tab B2 is below some welded/glued on strip of metal at B to hold it in place.

Looks like A is there to keep it centered and eliminate wobble. And looks like C is there to keep you from pushing it too far in/up.

If I am correct, it looks like it was glued in place at the rim to hold it to the ceiling after broken.

You aren't missing a bracket that held the socket up are you?

Does this seem correct based on what you can see in person?

Also, are these new LED bulbs a lot heavier than the original halogens?

Any chance you see a model number or manufacturer mark/logo in the canister?
>>
>>1105726
>does B2 actually stick out a bit?

Yes. It does stick out a bit.

>You aren't missing a bracket that held the socket up are you?

I believe I am missing the part you are talking about.

>Does this seem correct based on what you can see in person?

Yes

>Also, are these new LED bulbs a lot heavier than the original halogens?

These are the original. The LED are the ones the contractor put up when remodeling me bathroom

>Any chance you see a model number or manufacturer mark/logo in the canister?

Negative. I looked and it showed nothing.
>>
>>1105748
The bulbs are original as in 7 years old?

Does it look/feel like there was a part at B that broke off? a piece of metal that would provide a ledge to be supported by B2?

If so, 2 fastest options are to either replace it with a trim ring/bulb holder that has tension springs, or 2: take bulb out and try to replace missing metal. if you can't get some cheap flashing, part of a soup can could work with the curve but you have to attach it with short screws, rivets, or something like that.

If theres no brand/model on one of those UL stickers even, you'll have to go into attic and look at housing to find out brand or model to buy replacement part for.
>>
>>1105750
>The bulbs are original as in 7 years old?

Correct.

> Does it look/feel like there was a part at B that broke off? a piece of metal that would provide a ledge to be supported by B2?

Maybe. I'm heading to the homedepot tomorrow, to compare it with others.

> , you'll have to go into attic and look at housing to find out brand or model to buy replacement part for.

Thanks for the information.

Hey, i really appreciate your help. Thank You for your assistance!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.