[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: 3D Printing File Links for Objects You Find Useful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

Post your favorite Objects or Objects other users may find useful

This makes help beginners catch up and find cool shit to print without having to rake through a bunch of websites!
>>
>>1105480
go here >>1099624
>>
>>1105491
This deserves its own thread. Pure organised 3D files only

That thread is cluttered
>>
>>1105492
Some thread you have here
go here >>1099624
>>
I'm gonna use the fuck out of this thread. I need reasons to buy a printer.

The only useful thing I've found is a tool to hold 3 grocery bags at a time. it's a loop you put your hand thru and it has three hooks on the bottom.
>>
File: raspberry_pi_b_2_0_0.jpg (98KB, 890x501px) Image search: [Google]
raspberry_pi_b_2_0_0.jpg
98KB, 890x501px
>>1106690
>i wanna buy something but have no idea what to do with it

I got the perfect thing for you anon
>>
>>1106709
I have one in a drawer somewhere
>>
>>1106709
is that a dust collector?
>>
>>1106690
If it helps you decide, having a 3d printer has been really great for situations when you want to make small parts with really specific shapes that are otherwise difficult or time-consuming to produce. Like you, I didn't really have many good reasons to buy a 3d printer, but it really started proving its worth over time since I got it. I literally had nothing to print after I built it but over the last few months I've been using it for everything from PC parts to prototyping (like it's meant to be used for).

I have to say though, it's a pretty niche tool - I wouldn't trust a 3D printed to hold a lot of weight, and I'd only recommend buying one if you're either some sort of inventor and/or you're accustomed to making MacGyver fixes and want a cleaner way of doing things. If you ask me it's not really worth the money or time if you just want to print little gadgets and models that you could probably find at a dollar store anyway.
>>
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1240303

Multi-hanger clotheshanger: saves wardrobe space by making 3 hangers occupy the space of one.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1827530

3.5'' adapter for 2.5'' SSD's - when you want to mount an SSD on your desktop but it doesn't have 2.5'' slots.
>>
>>1106690

Ask yourself this:

"In my builds or repair projects I have the need for specifically taylored plastic pieces"

If the response is yes buy one, now, you will see the 3D printer as just another tool.

If the response is no, well you will have a cute small millenium falcon and yoda bust, the printer can be an amusing toy.
>>
>>1106947
Does this work? I don't know about any other anons but when I had a wardrobe the space wasn't limited by the number of hangers I could squeeze in but by the thickness of the clothes I could cram in.
I suppose if you were hanging something really thin it might work or had really really thick hangers?
I don't have a wardrobe anymore I burned it on bonfire night. Just keep my clothes in a pile on the floor.
>>
>3D Printed
>Useful

Pick one
>>
>>1107093
>heres your (You)
>>
File: do tell.jpg (801KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
do tell.jpg
801KB, 1936x2592px
>>1107093
>>
Got access to a printer at my workplace, so can print anything as long as it's SFW. After a week of printing wargame models, figurines and a few gadgets and hooks, flowerpots, fridge magnets.. the game was up. It prints weak plastic, strong plastic takes a day and 25m of fila. The cheapo versions often have no heatbed, so either avoid all prints with a flat base (a lot more than you think) or tinker forever to get it flat.
Would spend up to 300 $ as a toymaker, but otherwise nope. It gets old.
>>
>>1108005
pla doesn't require a heat bed. If you're having leveling issues a raft will help quite a bit, but isn't a true solution.
>>
>>1108038
>but isn't a true solution.

The true solution is to realize using a poorly tuned printer you have laying around at work to print trinkets is nothing like diving into a hobby and building custom practical prints for whatever projects you may have.
>>
Can you 3d print with wax? Like paraffin, beeswax, etc?

That could revolutionize lost wax casting
>>
>>1108231
People already do lost casting with just the plastic already.

Google Lost PLA casting. Im not sure how good or bad it is, dont know anything about casting.
>>
>>1106947
>when you want to mount an SSD on your desktop but it doesn't have 2.5'' slots

just leave it inside somewhere where it won't collide with a fan, ssds don't need to be mounted with screws
>>
>>1110222
That would fuck up cable management
>>
>>1107093
>tired old meme
>useful
Pick one
>>
>>1108231
They do something similar to those
>>
File: kenku barbarian.gif (499KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
kenku barbarian.gif
499KB, 250x188px
I'll ask here as well, since the other thread seems to be moving slow so why not:
Because I'm a stingy fuck, I got my self a 3d printer to print out mini war gaming stuff.

Anyone know of any sites devoted to it? Be it files or tips? Specifically, warhammer fantasy models (I already find a fuck ton of 40k shit), and maybe flames of war stuff.
>>
File: solidscape.jpg (173KB, 1000x798px) Image search: [Google]
solidscape.jpg
173KB, 1000x798px
>>1107085

I have tested it, it works, probably not for hanging thick winter jackets but it does save some space. Good way to store numerous shirts. It takes away the thickness of the hanger and shoulder area and stacks it downwards.

>>1110222

Having it "Just rattle around in there" is not a valid alternative. This thread is for people who already have a printer and want to make something useful, not stuff to justify buying one.

>>1108231

Actually there are printers that do wax, but they're expensive industrial behemoths, mainly intended for ultra-fine jewellery designs. Check out Solidscape's machines.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.