[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's not making me moist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: st_whatsinside_inkjet_f.jpg (59KB, 660x684px) Image search: [Google]
st_whatsinside_inkjet_f.jpg
59KB, 660x684px
An inkjet cartridge I recently filled seems to keep drying out much faster than usual. I've used the same ink without problems in other ones.

It works fine after moistening the print head, but then goes streaky.

The only thing I can think of is that the humidity is too low.
Not sure if there is anything else to do. I really do not want to clean it out and use another ink, only to have the same thing happen.

I don't know if anything can be added to the cartridge to slow the drying time...screwing up the cartridge would be bad.
>>
>>1105045
Hows the contact point from the cartridge to the print head? You have some sort of "leak" (air exposure?) somewhere that caused some ink to gum up and the viscocity is now too high. Wetting the pads fixes it for a bit, but maybe you need to print a page or two of the problem color after you get it moving again to flush out the garbage? Otherwise, I always tell people to buy a laser monochrome from brother and laugh at the ink prices of plebs.
>>
>>1105066
it's a black ink cartridge; it was filled the same way I've filled many others, and was kept in the printer...there is a small air hole for normal operation

I'll try soaking it and printing some heavy pages to see if there was any kind of buildup
it doesn't sit for long periods of time; I don't print every day, but it does get used at least several times a month (haven't had any problems with other cartridges going bad after that short amount of time)

considering the printer cost a whole $2 and came with what turned out to be a full cartridge, I'm doing pretty well
got a large bottle of ink for $10 or so, a couple syringes, and that's lasted several years now
>>
>>1105082
How many times have you refilled it?
Ink has a way of settling.
>>
>>1105045
sounds like the melamine sponge has worn out.
>>
>>1105045
>design flaw causes you to buy brand new product

Working as intended.
>>
File: ink-sponge.png (39KB, 233x196px) Image search: [Google]
ink-sponge.png
39KB, 233x196px
>>1105181
this was the first time for this cartridge

>>1105194
sponge seemed fine when it was filled

>>1105199
actually, this was an extra large cartridge that can hold ink through the entire thing, instead of like half as usual...even if I did have to buy a new one, the life would be much more cost effective

once I got familiar with cleaning and filling them, they generally perform just as well
>>
>>1105045
seriously OP take my advice,

BUY
A
LASER
PRINTER

Speaking from experience here, it will save a lot of headache, I ve run through numerous inkjet printers, they are all shit, there is really no good inkjet printers out there.

a color laser will cost a bit more but it is definetly worth it, the cartridges last like fucking billion years compared to ink cartirdges and they wont dry out, also the print quality is way better

as I said, speaking from experience here
>>
>>1105225

i agree with this dude, but i tend to buy only older printers with no chip in the cartridge so i can refill them many times. i can get used ML-2010's for like $5, then replace the paper pick-up rubber wheel for $3 and get many years of usage out of them; and give them away to friends.
>>
>>1106480
if I happen to see one at a garage sale or on rebate super cheap, it's certainly possible....but so far, the few headaches from inkjets have been far outweighed by your very own points; some people see them as junk and are willing to give them to you for next to nothing, even working perfectly fine with cartridges in them

a black-only laser would be preferred as 99% of the printing is in BW

>>1106485
the one I'm using now I mentioned is an older HP model, and unlike some of the newer all-in-ones I've tried refilling, this has absolutely no problems with filled cartridges

the others might give a generic cartridge error, or say it's out of ink, or constantly try to print a test sheet every time you use it, but older ones seem to be much more cooperative....less protection about this stuff
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.