[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, my pool recently started getting these suds all over the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: KIMG0082.jpg (727KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0082.jpg
727KB, 1920x1080px
Hi, my pool recently started getting these suds all over the surface. I can make it go away by mixing the water up a little, but it comes back after a while. I have no clue whats causing this.

Any ideas?
>>
>>1104547
Change the water...
>>
>>1104547

You can try schocking the pool, and/or hooking a protein skimmer up
But i would suggest
You need to drain the pool.

Bleech it.
Refill and shock.
>>
Check the ph and stuff. Likely some chemical balance issue, or something growing in it
Or an issue in the liner itself.
>>
>>1104549
>>1104557
I'll try it.

>>1104558
My PH seems fine (7.4). I'll see what my Alkalinity and Calcium hardness is like.
>>
>>1104565
It looks like either a protien build up, or an algae.

But your water color makes me think protein.
>>
>>1104571
>water color
Water has no color.
>>
>>1104547

Do you have a convection pool heater system connected to your pool system?
>>
Hey before you drain it id call a pool guy my grandma drained hers and it cracked the pool. Apparently some pools cant be drained because they "bubble up" for lack of a better term. But i dont really know about them besides that experience, good luck
>>
>>1105234
That sounds like the shittiest pol ever conceived.
>>
>>1105121
Would you prefer the term "aqueous solution" you sperglord?
>>
>>1105234
That usually is something that happens if you have an inground pool and a high water table.
>>
>>1105121
Well of course water has a colour!
Look at the blue tiles on the bottom of your pool. Drain the pool, and be amazed when the blue tiles has been changed to white?!?
Now it could be magic, or then water IS BLUE!

Scuba divers know this, deeper everything gets grayish blue. Because the blue water filters the reds away. Underwater photographers know it even better....
>>
>>1104547
I'd say biofilm but I live close to the arctic circle so I know nothing of pools. But I am a biologist so I know of life :/
>>
File: pool[1].jpg (98KB, 620x466px) Image search: [Google]
pool[1].jpg
98KB, 620x466px
POOL'S CLOSED DUE TO SUDS
>>
>>1105851
>I am a biologist so I know of life :/

But what of love anon?
>>
File: Figure_27_03_02.jpg (209KB, 1000x547px) Image search: [Google]
Figure_27_03_02.jpg
209KB, 1000x547px
>>1105121
Get a load of this guy, he doesn't know what color is.

Anything that isn't 100% permeable to visible light (nothing is 100% permeable) has a color, regardless if you can see it clearly.

>>1105234
>>1105775
Definitely do not drain it yourself if its an inground pool, groundwater and soil pressure can and will split that thing in half without the water inside pushing back against it. Basically you hire pool people to put in and take out water for the insurance that this can happen regardless of precaution.
>>1105248
t. 15yr old whose neighbor owns a pool
>>
Check the water return for tiny bubbles, that means there is an air leak in the filter system.

Algicide treatments can cause foaming.

Make sure everyone rinses off before swimming, hair care products, sun lotions, and soapy residues can cause this.

Think if you cleaned anything around the pool like toys or furniture recently. Rains may have washed some detergents or soap residue into the pool.

Calcium maybe too low.

Don't drain it. Shock treatment will burn off the cause.
>>
File: ray liotta goodfellas laughing.jpg (80KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ray liotta goodfellas laughing.jpg
80KB, 960x720px
>>1105910
>>
Freon leak right there pal
>>
>>1105851
I own 7 fish tanks.

It's probably a protein residue caused by dissolved organic material in the water.

Which means op either needs to change the water or get a protein skimmer.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.