[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY DND Table

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: send help.png (52KB, 1056x768px) Image search: [Google]
send help.png
52KB, 1056x768px
So me and my bro are going to build a DND table, and it is going to be in the shape of an octagon with a hole in the middle. We plan to place a TV that we will project maps on to in this hole. I need to know how long the sides of each one of the eight octagonal sides would be; I have included a horrible pic for reference. The hole in the middle should be 20x30 and in the long ways side should be 8in away from the edge of the table as shown in the pic. I need dimensions for each of the sides and any tips on how and what to build it with; Including what to cover the TV hole with. I was thinking about plexiglass, but I don't have a lot of money to spend on this. 200-300$ on wood and things. I have all the tools ill need, or at least should. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1104358
what the fuck is the 36 inch
>>
>>1104358
So, it needs to be 38" long and 38" wide?

>Cut a square 38x38.
>Divide 38 by 3.
>Mark that length from each corner.
>Mark from each mark across the corners.
>Cut corners off.

That what you want to know?
>>
>>1104358
Each side should be 15.74012.
>>
>>1104361
>>1104365
needs to be 46 feet wide and have a line wider than it, but the line must be 36 feet long.
>>
>>1104367
what the fuck is the 36 line that is longer than 46 feet what the fuck

>feet
what the fuck are you building a helicopter landing pad son
>>
File: fuckgoogle.jpg (560KB, 1500x2400px) Image search: [Google]
fuckgoogle.jpg
560KB, 1500x2400px
>>1104358
>>
>>1104367
What's that in metric?
>>
http://dwise1.net/trivia/octagon.html
>>
>>1104358
That's rather small. I'd recommend a 4 foot square table, maybe with 6-8 inches of the corners clipped off if you want a somewhat octagonal look.

Make the top out of oak plywood, with 1x4 oak boards around the edges for stifffness and to cover a 3/4" pine plywood layer under the oak top. Give it a classy old-looking stain for ambiance. Actual glass would make a better cover than plexiglass, which is flexible and easy to scratch. Thin window glass (cheap at hardware stores) would work if you can avoid hitting it, but thicker glass or polycarbonate would work if it needs to withstand impacts.
>>
>The hole in the middle should be 20x30 and in the long ways side should be 8in away from the edge
So, 46"
The 8 sides are 19.054" (19-1/16")
The Corner triangles to cut off are 13.47"x13.47" (13-15/32")
>>
>>1104358

Cut it out with paper and put down some chairs, I fear you'll be knocking knees with your neighbour with that setup.

20" to a side is fucking nothing, once you push your chair a little under the table the room between people gets even less.

Semi-round tables are not space efficient.
>>
>>1104358
You guys are going to be playing footsie with each other on a table that small.

Our gaming table for 8 people is 60"wide and 80"long with rounded ends.

We still run out of room.
>>
>>1104358
Why do you want a 36' wide table? Why not just use the ground at that point?

I have a nice pathfinder table but it's only 3' wide, nowhere near 36'

Do you have life scaled minis or something?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.