[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best 3d modeling program?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Geeetech_20150622013554.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Geeetech_20150622013554.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
Am trying to get into 3d printing and would like to know what you guys think the best program is.
>>
CATIA

or SolidWorks if you're a pleb.
>>
also what do you think about the nexd1 printer on kickstarter?
>>
>>1103915
thanks I was going to try to use openscad
>>
>>1103916
>backing a kickstarter 3d printer

Do you want to lose all of your money? Because the snake oil 3d printers on there almost never ship.

Also go to the general
>>
>>1103914

Depends on the job. For example Blender is the most universal, but it's not so easy to do booleans for holes and other shapes without messing up the model. OpenSCAD is not very intuitive since you have to program the model, but it does allow you to build multiple variations of a part because the models are parametric. There's also Solidworks, Sketchup etc., all with their pros and cons.
>>
>>1103914
Are you 3d printing a gun?
>>
Freecad can do a lot of things and is progressing relatively fast. For organic mesh models my bet would probably blender too. Commercial programs probably are a lot better for some tasks but i wouldn't go beyond Fusion360 (no linux version though).
>>
>>1103914
>>1099624
>>
>>1104893
>Freecad
Is that the weird program that continuously crashes and is even harder to learn than blender?

>>1103919
I personally love openscad for the way you create (or rather program) the models. And you can learn it really fast. The drawback is that when you want some standard 3d modeling operations, they just aren't there. (E.g., bevel/round edges? Nope.)
>>
>>1103914
3DS Max
>>
>>1104937
>Is that the weird program that continuously crashes and is even harder to learn than blender?
This is the most accurate description i've read in ages.
>>
Would anyone rate sculpting programmes such as Zbrush or mudbox?
>>
>>1105124
Good for detailing if you're making something like toys or sculptures. You don't need it to make functional parts.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.